2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT : UNMISTAKABLE SPORT PERFORMANCE.
Introducing the new 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT…
With sleek, angular bodywork draped over a light weight, sporty trellis frame and responsive parallel twin engine, the Ninja 650 delivers uncompromising middleweight Ninja motorcycle performance and style while maintaining everyday versatility.
Reinvigorated to further embody Ninja sportbike lineage, the 2021 Ninja 650 motorcycle comes packed with a sporty 649cc engine, next-level technology advancements and sharp styling updates. Unmistakable sport performance is met with an upright riding position for exciting daily commutes, while a supreme level of attitude reminds you of its legendary heritage. The Ninja 650 also features sharper Ninja styling, Bluetooth Smartphone Connectivity via RIDEOLOGY THE APP, twin LED headlights, upper cowl and windshield, passenger seat, and Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tires.
2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• AGGRESSIVE NINJA MOTORCYCLE STYLING
• TWIN LED HEADLIGHTS
• TFT COLOR INSTRUMENTATION
• FUEL-EFFICIENT TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE DELIVERS SMOOTH POWER
• LIGHTWEIGHT TRELLIS FRAME PROVIDES AGILE, SPORTY HANDLING
2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
649cc Twin-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power for performance that favors everyday riding and inspires confidence in newer riders, yet is spirited enough for sport riding.
- Camshaft profiles are tuned for quick response and performance.
- Slim intake port shape also helps boost engine response and performance.
- Airbox design with a single large inlet contributes to the power feeling.
- Exhaust system has a short header and the sleek muffler’s internal construction further enhances power delivery.
- Muffler is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
- Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
- Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
- 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width.
Digital Fuel Injection(KP)
- Fuel injection settings provide smooth low end response while contributing to the engine‘s quick-revving character.
- Throttle body diameter is 36mm and utilizes fine atomizing injectors to further enhance engine response and low-to-mid-range power.
- The throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the EFI system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
- Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
- Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP)
- Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of gear is selected, the Slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, and rear-wheel hop.
- Equipped with a linkage-type gear shift mechanism for positive shift touch and feeling.
- Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
- Includes Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
- High-tensile steel trellis frame has optimized dimensions and wall thicknesses to significantly reduce frame weight and contribute to extremely light handling.
- Frame components follow the ideal pipe line so that the lines of the frame are as straight as possible. When bends were necessary their angles were as small as possible, resulting in a design that disperses stress extremely well.
- Three-point rigidly mounted engine and footpeg stays are used as stressed members to contribute to weight reduction.
Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension(KP)
- Horizontal Back-link progressive suspension system like that found on the Ninja ZX™-10R optimizes balance, sport riding potential and ride comfort.
- The linkage is placed atop the swingarm and helps make room for the under-engine muffler for better mass centralization.
- Rear shock is further away from the exhaust so that its operation will not be affected by exhaust heat.
- Gull-wing swingarm uses hollow press construction that helps keep it light.
41mm Front Fork
- Upper triple clamp has stylish reinforcing ribs on the upper surface to enhance appearance.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
- Nissin brake calipers provide excellent brake feel and control and project a sporty image.
- Front brake calipers grip dual 300mm petal discs and have big 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
- Petal design offers great cooling and warp resistance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions.
- Bosch 9.1M control unit provides precise electronic management and is compact to save space and weight.
Wheels and Tires
- Sporty five-spoke wheel design has a light, nimble appearance.
- Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tires contribute to light handling.
- Separate, clip-on style handlebar mounts atop the upper triple clamp are positioned slightly forward for an aggressive sport riding position. However, the leg position is opened up by placing the footpegs low and forward to help maintain comfort.
- The seat is low and slim at the front to make it easier for the rider to place both feet on the ground at a stop.
- The fuel tank is positioned low on the chassis and its slim design further facilitates the reach to the ground for added rider confidence. A resin design fuel cap eliminates the presence of mounting bolts for a stylish design.
- 5-way adjustable brake and clutch levers accommodate a variety of hand sizes for increased comfort and control.
Sharp Ninja Styling
- Ninja motorcycle styling provides an aggressive appearance and strong resemblance to the multi-time Superbike World Championship-winning Ninja ZX™-10R.
- Wide upper cowl with a pronounced slant contributes to the aggressive looks.
- Windscreen is flush-fit with the cowl for a sleek appearance and its upright angle helps deflect the wind for a more comfortable ride.
- Twin LED headlights, each with low and high beam plus a position lamp, add to the aggressive appearance.
Fairing bolts were eliminated so the fairings have a clean, smooth surface for a more upscale appearance.Fairing has large openings to maximize airflow and reduce engine heat.
- Front fender design and compact, upswept tail cowl contribute to the aggressive image.
- LED taillight lights up in an X shape.
TFT Color Instrumentation
- All-digital 4.3-inch TFT (thin-film transistor) color instrumentation gives the cockpit a high-tech, high-grade appearance.
- TFT delivers a high level of visibility. The screen’s background color is selectable (black or white), and screen brightness adjusts automatically to suit available light.
- Display functions include: digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, gear position indicator, shift lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, average speed, total time, coolant temperature, clock, battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil change reminder and the Kawasaki Economical Riding Indicator.
- Bluetooth chip allows connection to smartphone and RIDEOLOGY THE APP.
RIDEOLOGY THE APP Smartphone Connectivity†
†Do not operate smartphone while riding
- A Bluetooth chip built into the instrument panel enables riders to connect to their motorcycle wirelessly. Using the smartphone application “RIDEOLOGY THE APP,” a number of instrument functions can be accessed, contributing to an enhanced motorcycling experience.
– Vehicle Info: information such as fuel gauge, odometer, maintenance schedule, etc can be viewed via the smartphone.
– Riding Log: GPS route information as well as vehicle running information can be logged and viewed via the smartphone.
– Telephone notices: when a call or mail is received by the smartphone, this is indicated on the instrument display.
– General Settings: general instrument display settings (such as preferred units, date, date format, etc) can be adjusted via the smartphone.
- Once vehicle information has been downloaded to the app, it can be viewed on the smartphone. Available information includes: odometer, trip A, trip B, fuel gauge, remaining range, average gas mileage, average speed, battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil change reminder, etc.
- Detailed riding logs including GPS information and vehicle running information can be recorded. While riding, the app tracks vehicle speed, rpm, gear position, current mileage, and coolant temperature from moment to moment. Once the riding log has been paired, riders can review these items in a graphic-style display at any point along the route. The app can also display a ride summary, with information that may include: route travelled, total distance, total time, gas mileage (best/average), speed (best/average). For either display mode, riders can select which items are displayed, and can arrange them in their preferred order.
- When riding with the app ON the bike and smartphone are always connected. When the engine is turned off, the latest riding information stored by the app may be viewed on the smartphone.
2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9099 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|Engine||649cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC 8-valve parallel twin|
|Bore x Stroke||83.0 x 60.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection: ø36 mm x 2 with dual throttle valves|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication, semi-dry sump|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Frame||Trellis, high-tensile steel|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||ø41 mm telescopic fork / 125 mm (4.9 in)|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Horizontal Back-link, single-shock with adjustable spring preload / 130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Rake / Trail||24.0° / 100 mm|
|Steering Angle (L/R)||32° / 32°|
|Front Tire||120/70ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Rear Tire||160/60ZR17M/C (69W)|
|Front Brakes||Dual semi-floating ø300 mm petal discs with dual-piston calipers|
|Rear Brake||ø220 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||2,055 x 740 x 1,145 mm (80.9 x 29.1 x 45.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,410 mm (55.5 in)|
|Road Clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||790 mm (31.1 in)|
|Curb Mass**||192 kg (423 lb)|
|Fuel Capacity||15 litres|
|Instrumentation||Full-colour TFT screen with digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, gear position indicator, shift lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, average speed, total time, coolant temperature, clock, battery voltage, Kawasaki service reminder, oil change reminder, and Economical Riding Indicator|
|Kawasaki Protection Plus||12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months|
2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).