2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS : THE PINNACLE OF EXCELLENCE.
Introducing the new 2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS…
The Vulcan® 1700 Vaquero® is based on the Vulcan® 1700 Voyager® and it features many original-design components like the engine shrouds, side covers, rear fender, mufflers and side opening saddlebags. The Vaquero’s numerous blacked-out parts contribute to a hard, aggressive image.
It may look like a custom V-twin bagger, but the Vulcan® 1700 Vaquero® ABS cruiser is in a class of its own, where power and luxury peak. A roaring 1,700cc engine featuring advanced Kawasaki technology offers a smooth, reassuring ride. The blacked-out engine, distinct bodywork styling and select chrome accents create a unique and bold appearance. The 2021 Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS features a 1,700cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, 52-degree V-twin engine, Electronic Cruise Control, Kawasaki Advanced Coactive Braking Technology (K-ACT II) ABS, stylish frame mounted fairing, AM/FM/WB audio system with SiriusXM® radio compatibility, and sealed saddlebags. For 2021, the Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS is available in Metallic Carbon Gray / Metallic Spark Black with an MSRP of $16,999.
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• AGGRESSIVE STYLING
• ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROL
• ADVANCED COACTIVE-BRAKING TECHNOLOGY (K-ACT) SYSTEM WITH ABS
• MUSCULAR V-TWIN ENGINE
• FULL-FEATURE AUDIO SYSTEM
• OPEN CRUISER RIDING POSITION
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Long stroke engine designed to deliver high levels of torque.
- Liquid-cooled A/C generator reduces the temperature of generator stator coils and thus increases output to handle additional accessories.
- Semi-dry sump(KP) design reduces overall engine height and keeps excess oil away from the crank to prevent power-robbing stirring loss. Oil is stored in the transmission, which eliminates the need for an oil tank. Triple oil pumps (2 scavenge and 1 feed pump) help reduce stirring loss and provide superb oil circulation.
- Water jackets surround only the top quarter of the cylinders and the polished-edge fins match the cylinder heads while attractively tapering to the cylinder bases.
- High-performance forged pistons(KP) are lightweight, stronger and more heat resistant than cast versions. Oil jets help cool the pistons for added durability.
- Dual primary engine balancers (KP) and rubber engine mounts (KP) help isolate high-frequency vibration while providing the rider with the core power-pulse feeling of the muscular engine.
- Single-pin crankshaft for that classic V-twin rumble and characteristic pulse.
Digital Fuel Injection (KP)
- Dual 42mm throttle bodies with Atomizing Fuel Injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better combustion and fuel consumption.
Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) (KP)
- The throttle pulley operates an acceleration position sensor (APS) that uses the ECU to send a signal to a small motor that actually operates the throttle valves. This makes throttle pull very light for reduced rider fatigue and the more precise throttle control results in better performance, smoother running and increased fuel mileage.
- Using a cable-operated APS eliminates expensive switch housing electronics that can be damaged and costly to replace should the motorcycle get tipped on its right side.
- Works in conjunction with the ETV to automatically maintain a set speed when in third gear or higher and when traveling between 30 and 85 mph.
- Convenient controls located within easy thumb reach on the right handlebar.
TCBI with Digital Advance (KP)
- Microprocessor controlled timing provides precise engine management.
- Overdrive 6th gear reduces rpm at higher speeds and helps increase fuel mileage.
- Gear position sensor communicates with the ECU to help reduce fuel consumption and adjust timing to provide better power feeling, and an indicator on the speedometer allows the rider to monitor current gear position at a glance.
- Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action.
- Carbon fiber belt provides much more strength than Kevlar while allowing the belt to be narrower.
- More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel.
- Low maintenance and low noise.
- Large steel box-section backbone frame is very rigid and helps contribute to high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds.
- Low profile reduces seat height for an easier reach to the ground.
Dual Air-Assisted Rear Shocks
- Air shocks provide a wide range of adjustment to match the load or riding preference.
- Special spring rates to match the increased weight of the trunk and saddlebags.
Kawasaki Advanced Coactive-braking
- K-ACT (Kawasaki Advanced Coactive-braking Technology) ABS is a linked brake system that ensures ideal brake force distribution for
confident, highly effective braking.
- Electronic system controls brake force distribution between the front and rear brakes to enhance overall braking performance, no matter how hard the front and/or rear brakes are applied.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is incorporated into K-ACT to help prevent the wheels from locking during hard, straight-up braking for enhanced control.
- For maximum controllability in tight corners or when making U-turns, K-ACT does not engage when braking is initiated at speeds below 12 mph. The ABS disengages at speeds below 4 mph.
Triple Disc Brakes
- Dual 300mm front discs and a single 300mm rear disc stop with authority.
Previous Model Shown
- Directs wind buffeting to the chassis to keep steering feel light and pure.
Full-Featured Audio System
- Navigation audio prompt capability allows voice prompting audio to be heard through the speakers (or Kawasaki Genuine Accessory Helmet Headsets) when using Garmin Zumo 600/665 GPS. (Kawasaki Genuine Accessory GPS mount, adapter kit and GPS sold separately.)
- AM/FM tuner with front fairing-mounted 40-watt speakers is standard equipment.
- Easy-to-use audio controls are located within easy thumb reach on the left handlebar.
- Standard audio system is equipped to easily expand with optional XM™ tuner and CB radio attachments and audio adapter kit that works with any device that has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Electric design reduces weight and eliminates the front wheel drive unit and cable for a cleaner look.
- Analog instrument faces & evoke memories of the hot rods from the ‘60s.
- Digital displays include odometer, trip meter, clock, fuel range and average mpg.
- Gear position indicator makes it easy to determine which gear the transmission is in at a glance.
- LED tail light provides excellent visibility when activated, and makes a strong visual statement with chrome surround.
- Tank, seat, fenders, saddlebags and details designed with a classic 1960‘s feel.
- Adjustable front brake and clutch levers enhance rider comfort and styling.
- Vulcan Vaquero model features a 36-month factory warranty.
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $16999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $19799 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, 52° V-Twin
Displacement 1,700 cc
Bore and Stroke 102.0 x 104.0 mm
Maximum Torque 108 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Injection DFI® with Keihiin 42mm Throttle Bodies (2)
Ignition TCBI w/ Digital Advance
Transmission 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive Belt
Rake/Trail 30°/7.0 in.
Front Wheel Travel 5.5 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 3.1 in.
Front Tire Size 130/90-16
Rear Tire Size 170/70-16
Wheelbase 65.6 in.
Front Suspension 45mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
Rear Suspension Twin Air-Assisted Shocks, 4-Way Rebound Damping
Front Brake Type Dual 300mm Discs with Twin-Piston Calipers
Rear Brake Type Single 300mm Disc with Twin-Piston Calipers
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.3 gal.
Seat Height 28.7 in.
Curb Weight = 844.5 lb.
Warranty 36 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.)
= Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.* = Changes from previous model year.
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|Engine||1,700cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC 8-valve V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 104.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection: ø42 mm x 2|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication, semi-dry sump|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||ø45 mm telescopic fork / 140 mm (5.5 in)|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Swingarm with twin air-assisted shocks with adjustable rebound damping / 80 mm (3.1 in)|
|Rake / Trail||30° / 177 mm|
|Steering Angle (L/R)||35° / 35°|
|Front Tire||130/90B16M/C 67H|
|Rear Tire||170/70B16M/C 75H|
|Front Brakes||Dual ø300 mm discs with 4-piston calipers|
|Rear Brake||ø300 mm disc with twin-piston caliper|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||2,510 x 970 x 1,290 mm (98.8 x 38.2 x 50.8 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,665 mm (65.6 in)|
|Road Clearance||145 mm (5.7 in)|
|Seat Height||730 mm (28.7 in)|
|Curb Mass**||383 kg (844 lb)|
|Fuel Capacity||20 litres|
|Instrumentation||Large analogue-style speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and coolant temperature + multi-function LCD screen with gear position indicator, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range and average fuel consumption|
|Kawasaki Protection Plus||12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months|
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).