2021 KTM 350 SX-F : SHREDDING WITH NIMBLE AGILITY.
Introducing the 2021 KTM 350 SX-F…
The KTM 350 SX-F continues to deliver a dominant mix of horsepower and agility. It has an exceptional power-to-weight ratio with torque similar to that of a 450, without losing its 250-like agility. When you’re looking for more than one advantage, this powerful, lightweight racer combines all your needs into one dominant package with serious championship pedigree to back it up.
2021 KTM 350 SX-F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
– NEW graphics for a READY TO RACE appearance.
– NEW WP XACT front fork setting for improved damping, and new fork piston for improved performance. Features proven, sophisticated air spring design with separate damping functions.
– NEW WP XACT rear shock setting and new compression adjuster for improved tuning.
– Compact DOHC (double overhead camshaft) engine with cutting-edge cylinder head featuring titanium valves and super-light finger followers with a hard DLC coating.
– High-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame with optimized stiffness provides a great blend of comfort and stability.
– Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm features a long rear axle slot for increased adjustability, offering better straight-line stability.
– Bodywork features a slim design for optimal comfort, control and freedom of movement.
– Air box and air boot designed to provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling and better airflow for optimal performance. Air filter can be accessed without tools for quick servicing. Optional perforated airbox cover included in the by-pack.
– Header pipe with FDH (Flow Design Header) resonator system for improved performance.
– Handlebar map switch selects between two maps and activates traction and launch control for better traction and more efficient starts.
– Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
– High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes and are combined with lightweight Wave discs.
– Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
– KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the peg pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
– Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Excel rims and Dunlop MX 3S tires.
– “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2021 KTM 350 SX-F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
When it comes to power delivery and performance, the exhaust on all 4-stroke models plays a key role and packs a punch that is hard to beat. It features a model-specific header pipe with an advanced resonator called FDH (Flow Design Header), which is a small chamber around the pipe. The design allows the exhaust to be disassembled without removing the shock absorber and also provides better access to the shock. The aluminum sleeve, end cap and internal design of the silencer allow for slimmer ergonomics, making the bike feel narrower, without compromise to regulatory noise limits.
The engine of the 2020 KTM 350 SX-F is neatly arranged in a compact and light (58.6 lbs) construction. It features an innovative clutch system; perfectly geared, durable transmission, and a lightweight DOHC (double overheard camshaft) cylinder head, which all contribute to making it an extremely impressive engine. It also features a new, stronger oil pump intermediate gear, for improved reliability. Fitted with the latest electronic fuel injection system and a useful electric starter, just one push of a button fires up this impressively competitive engine
The airbox on the KTM 350 SX-F ensures optimal flow dynamics, and together with its intake snorkels, leads to maximum power and quick throttle response. Despite the obvious performance advantages, the design also offers maximum protection against soiling of the air filter. The large Twin-Air air filter is mounted on a cleverly designed stiff cage that minimizes incorrect installation. As found on previous models, filter maintenance is quick and easy and does not require tools – a standard, original feature from KTM. Every SX-F comes with an additional PowerParts airbox cover (in the by-pack) featuring additional air intake holes for higher engine performance, meaning that the the airbox can be customized for different engine characteristics or to suit track conditions.
As with the entire SX range, the frame on the KTM 350 SX-F is professionally crafted from hydroformed chromium molybdenum steel tubes that are robot welded to ensure the highest levels of consistent quality. The carefully calculated stiffness of the frame delivers responsive handling and works perfectly with the suspension to provide excellent agility and high-speed stability. All 2020 KTM SX frames feature a highly durable powder coating and come with standard frame protectors. The subframe is made from lightweight aluminum and provides great feeling for the rider, as well as easy movement across the seat
Sophisticated ´no-dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the 2019 EXC models, which are 6 mm higher than the SX versions.
All KTM SX models feature a seat that perfectly matches the range’s dynamic performance-oriented ergonomics. The seat cover features silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it secure and easy to handle.
2021 KTM 350 SX-F – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ TBA USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 11399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ 8249 (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
- STARTERElectric starter
- STROKE57.5 mm
- BORE88 mm
- CLUTCHwet multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- DISPLACEMENT349.7 cm³
- EMSKeihin EMS
- DESIGN1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- WEIGHT (WITHOUT FUEL)99.5 kg
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.)7 l
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER260 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER220 mm
- FRONT BRAKEDisc brake
- REAR BRAKEDisc brake
- CHAIN5/8 x 1/4″
- FRAME DESIGNCentral double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- FRONT SUSPENSIONWP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE370 mm
- REAR SUSPENSIONWP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- SEAT HEIGHT950 mm
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE63.9 °
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT)310 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR)300 mm
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).