2021 KTM 300 XC TPI : UNRIVALED POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO.
Introducing the 2021 KTM 300 XC TPI…
Take the unrelenting ferocity of an SX bike, add a few extra horsepower and torque, a longer-range fuel tank and an 18″ rear wheel to accommodate more rubber, and you’re well-armed to dominate the dirt. In a nutshell, the KTM 300 XC TPI is arguably the most accomplished cross-country racer available.
Unrivaled torque, light weight and rock-solid handling make it an unstoppable machine for extreme cross-country terrain. The KTM 300 XC TPI, now proudly adding TPI to its name, further demonstrates KTM’s unrelenting commitment to 2-stroke advancement. The benefits are clear: besides huge improvements in fuel efficiency and exhaust emissions, the system also removes the need for pre-mixing fuel and re-jetting, meaning that with less effort, the engine always runs smoothly and crisply. The KTM 300 XC TPI is the most READY TO RACE offroad 2- stroke 300 ever created.
2021 KTM 300 XC TPI Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
– NEW graphics for a READY TO RACE appearance.
– NEW TPI (Transfer Port Injection) fuel injection system featuring industry-leading technology offers unparallel performance and simple operation: no premixing or jetting required.
– NEW ambient air pressure sensor for improved altitude compensation.
– 293.2 cc engine is the pinnacle of 2-stroke performance with lightweight construction and features new CNC exhaust port and port timing.
– NEW exhaust system provides improved performance with reduced weight and a more durable construction thanks to the innovative corrugated surface on the expansion chamber.
– NEW WP XACT front fork setting for improved damping, and new fork piston for improved performance. Features proven, sophisticated air spring design with separate damping functions.
– NEW WP XACT rear shock setting and new compression adjuster for improved tuning.
– High-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame with optimized stiffness provides a great blend of comfort and stability.
– Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm features a long rear axle slot for increased adjustability, offering better straight-line stability.
– Bodywork features a slim design for optimal comfort, control and freedom of movement.
– Air box and air boot designed to provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling and better airflow for optimal performance. Air filter can be accessed without tools for quick servicing.
– Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
– High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes and are combined with lightweight Wave discs.
– Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
– KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the peg pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
– Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Dunlop AT81 tires.
– “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
– Offroad specific additions such as hand guards, a side stand, oversized tank and an 18” rear wheel ensure the 2020 KTM XC TPI machines are READY TO RACE.
– Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power.
– Lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
– Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
2021 KTM 300 XC TPI Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
When it comes to power delivery and performance, the exhaust plays a key role and packs a punch that is hard to beat. The 250 cc and 300 cc models feature HD exhaust pipes (heavy-duty) made by using an innovative 3D stamping process which produces a ribbed surface finish. This makes the pipe much stronger, with better resistance against rocks, while also helping to reduce noise drastically. The silencer features a compact shape and end cap with internal designs individually developed for each model, while it is mounted using an aluminum mounting bracket. In addition, the exhaust’s shape provides slim ergonomics and more ground clearance, while a perforated inner silencer tube works with lighter damping material for efficient and durable noise reduction.
The 300 cc 2-stroke engine is known and respected for offering the most powerful 2-stroke performance in its segment. Thanks to state-of-the-art engineering, innovative 2-stroke design and revolutionary TPI fuel injection technology, the powerplant is more refined than ever before. The compact and lightweight 2-stroke is a great choice for all Enduro riders searching for easy-to-ride Enduro performance with the power and torque to conquer the most extreme climbs
The air filter box design offers maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, while ensuring maximum airflow, and together with the intake snorkels, results in optimal power and throttle response. The large Twin Air air filter is mounted on a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on precisely calculated stiffness of the frame. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension, sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight aluminum engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to more precise cornering and a reduced vibration level. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds
The XC range features state-of-the-art seat technology with a newly shaped surface that provides improved ergonomics and much better seat comfort thanks to higher foam padding. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it safe and easy to handle.
KTM engineers sure know how to handle handlebars. This tapered unit, made of high-strength aluminum by NEKEN, features a throttle assembly which has a twin-cable for TPI models just like their 4-stroke brothers with a double-cable aluminum body and straightforward free-play adjustment.
2021 KTM 300 XC TPI – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 10199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 11499 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ 8499 (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
- STARTERElectric starter
- STROKE72 mm
- BORE72 mm
- CLUTCHWet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- DISPLACEMENT293.2 cm³
- EMSContinental EMS
- DESIGN1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- WEIGHT (WITHOUT FUEL)101.3 kg
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.)8.5 l
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER260 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER220 mm
- FRONT BRAKEDisc brake
- REAR BRAKEDisc brake
- CHAIN5/8 x 1/4″
- FRAME DESIGNCentral double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- FRONT SUSPENSIONWP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE370 mm
- REAR SUSPENSIONWP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- SEAT HEIGHT950 mm
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE63.9 °
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT)310 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR)300 mm
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).