2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
One look at the Shadow Spirit 750 is all it takes. Thrilling looks inspired by radical street-rod styling – this bike is all about cool. And with its 745cc V-twin engine, it has more than enough muscle to back it up.
The Shadow Spirit 750 returns to Honda’s lineup with all of the exciting performance and street-rod styling that made this machine a mainstay of the cruiser world.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
– New Black/Red Flame and Pearl Blue/Metallic Silver Flame colors join classic Black.
– 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive low-rpm torque and usable power over a broad rpm range.
– Long-stroke 52¡ V-twin engine design provides a satisfying, classic V-twin feel.
– Dual 34mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
– Carburetor electric-heater system improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
– Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
– CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
– Silent-type maintenance-free camshaft-chain adjusters.
– Aluminum radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod style.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone frame and massive cast steering head are both strong and very rugged.
– Frame features forged pivot-plates, rigid engine-mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
– Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large billet-aluminum triple-clamp. Together they deliver confident, neutral handling and a plush ride with 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
– Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity and steering precision.
– Dual chromed rear shocks feature an advanced internal valve system and five-position spring preload adjustability, while offering 3.2 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
– Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung street-rod look while delivering excellent handling characteristics.
– Traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims.
– Large, 110/80-19 front and 160/80-15 rear tires provide abundant traction and complement the Spirit 750’s stylish good looks.
– Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips the drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
– Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Tank-mounted speedometer features an attractive chrome instrument housing.
– Semi-swept handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position. The handlebar is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
– Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 26.6-inch seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
– Chrome highlights include: cylinder head cover, air cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, sidestand, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap.
– Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
– Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
– Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight features a 60/55-watt halogen bulb for superb lighting.
– Custom-styled taillight and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
– Long, custom-design 3.6-gallon fuel tank.
– Chopper-style rear fender.
– Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
– Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
– Touring Accessories: Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Backrest Bag, Leather Touring Bag, Solo Seat with Rear Fender Panel.
– Chrome accessories: Backrest with Pad (low type), Backrest with Pad (tall type), Rear Carrier (square tube).
– Billet accessories: Master Cylinder Cap, Handlebar Clamps, Oil Dipstick, Brake Caliper Cap, License Plate Frame.
– Additional accessories: Custom Windshield, Radiator Cowl, Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52¡ V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 34mm diaphragm-type CV
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.2 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Tires Front: 110/80-19
Wheelbase: 64.8 inches
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Dry Weight: 496 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
Colors: Black/Red Flame, Pearl Blue/Metallic Silver Flame, Black
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.