2005 Kawasaski Ninja 250R
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
The NINJA® 250R is one of Kawasaki’s best-selling motorcycles due to its sporty styling, agility, lightweight and excellent handling. Plus, the cost of owning this Kawasaki is minimal, making it irresistible for experienced riders and beginners alike.
Power for the NINJA 250R comes from a high-revving, liquid-cooled, in-line twin-cylinder four-stroke engine featuring dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. It delivers smooth, predictable power that’s perfect for new motorcyclists, yet its 14,000-rpm redline and six-speed transmission will bring a grin to the face of the most experienced sportbike rider.
Like its larger siblings, the NINJA 250R features an aerodynamic faring, Kawasaki’s UNI-TRAK® progressive rear suspension and high-performance disc brakes. It also has a low seat height for confident stability while stopped. Other features include an easy-to-read instrument panel, positive neutral finder, centerstand and pop-up bungee hooks.
Features and Benefits
Twin-cylinder 248cc Engine
– Compact parallel-twin design is lightweight and high revving, with a broad torque curve
– Good mass centralization for superior handling
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow to boost low end torque while providing better breathing for more power at high rpm
High Velocity Induction Technology
– Provides a smooth flow of air to the carburetors for maximum top-end
– Carburetor and intake port diameters are sized for quick mid-range throttle response
Silent Cam Chain
– Low friction coating on chain guides reduces wear, increases power
– Runs quietly, reliably
– Automatic cam chain tensioner maintains precise timing without maintenance
– Allows engine’s full potential to be used
– Provides excellent acceleration as well as relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– A Kawasaki exclusive, just lift the pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
– Progressive rate provides a smooth, controlled ride
Handlebar Mounted Choke
– Convenient location makes starting and warm-up easier
– Lightweight, high-tensile steel for amazing rigidity
– No down tubes for lower engine placement and lower center of gravity
– Good ground and cornering clearance
Dual-Piston Front Brake
– Balanced Actuation Caliper front disc brake for excellent feel and long pad wear
Dual-Piston Rear Disc Brake
– Powerful, reliable, controllable stopping power
Centerstand and Sidestand
– Permits easy parking, cleaning or servicing
4.8-gallon Fuel Tank
– Long range makes it great for commuting
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 41.2mm
Compression ratio: 12.4:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK30 x 2
Ignition: Electronic CDI
Frame: Tubular diamond design
Rake / trail: 27° / 3.3 in.
Suspension, front: Hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear: UNI-TRAK® system with single shock
Wheel travel, front: 5.5 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 5.1 in.
Tire, front: 100/80 x 16
Tire, rear: 130/80 x 16
Brakes, front / rear: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 80.1 in.
Overall width: 28.0 in.
Overall height: 43.1 in.
Ground clearance: 6.1 in.
Seat height: 29.3 in.
Dry weight: 304 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
Colors: Metallic Nocturne Blue/ Galaxy Silver, Ebony / Galaxy Silver, Galaxy Silver / Ebony
* Price and specifications subject to change