2007 Yamaha TT-R50E
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha TT-R50E
2007 Yamaha TT-R50E
Give your kid the gift of dirt.
Nobody gets more out of a day in the dirt than a kid. The electric-start TT-R50E is just the thing.
The latest edition to the TT-R family is the YZ inspired 49.5cc electric start TT-R50E.
Now you can look and feel just like one of the Yamaha factory stars with the TT-R50E. Ready to ease the new rider into the fun and exciting world of motorcycling, the smallest member of the TT-R clan sports electric starting and an easy to use 3-speed transmission with an automatic clutch. Watch out, the smiles will be contagious.
– Air-cooled, 49.5cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, reliable novice friendly power that eases the new rider up the learning curve.
– Convenient, push-button electric starting makes starting a snap and takes one of the hassles out of earning to ride.
– Compact engine cases keep the engine narrow, making it easier for a smaller rider to get their feet firmly on the ground.
– Lightweight crankshaft design means crisp throttle response.
– The cylinder uses a conventional cast iron liner which means the engine can be overbored. The benefit is reduced costs in the event of a problem, plus the unit can be bored for adult pit bike use.
– Valve design features a special “carbon cutter” valve stem which helps to prevent the build up of carbon on the stem, which could cause a valve to stick. This is an important feature when a unit will be operated at sustained low speed and low rpms. Valve adjustments are via rocker arms for ease of maintenance.
– Automatic ratchet-type cam chain adjuster reduces maintenance, extends engine life and reduces mechanical noise.
– Mikuni VM11 carburetor ensures crisp throttle response and great fuel economy. It also features an electric carb heater for reduced engine warm-up time and faster cold starting. This carb heater senses ambient air temperature and therefore will not function if it is 16 degrees Celsius or warmer.
– Washable foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
– Smooth-shifting, 3-speed transmission with automatic centrifugal clutch eases the beginner into the basics of shifting, without the complications of a clutch. The auto clutch features means all the rider does is shift the foot pedal … there is no clutching involved.
– Transmission ratios have been designed to compliment the engine’s power band.
– CDI ignition system delivers a hot, reliable spark, sure starts and requires no maintenance.
– Centrifugal oil filtering system is basically an automatic system that requires no maintenance.
– Lightweight, upswept exhaust system features numerous heat shields to protect young riders for hot components. This exhaust system produces a quiet exhaust note which will keep the neighbors happy. A cleanable screen-type spark arrestor protects Mother Nature from stray sparks.
– Rugged “mini-size” steel back bone type steel frame provides rugged durability whether being ridden by a child or an adult. The engine mounts to the frame at three points, making entire chassis more rigid for superior handling.
– Triangulated steel tube swingarm is both rugged and rigid.
– Inverted 22mm Showa front fork offers a class leading 96mm (3.8″) of wheel travel providing confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain. The lower fork legs feature rugged plastic protectors that help to protect the fork legs from stone chips.
– Monocross single shock rear suspension with 71mm (2.8″) of wheel travel delivers progressive suspension performance to smooth out rugged trails.
– Low 555mm (21.9″) seat height provides a handling-enhancing lower centre of gravity and allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground for added confidence.
– Long, motocross-style seat is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
– Front and rear 80mm drum brakes deliver strong dependable stopping power. The brake design and components are the same front and rear.
– 2.50×10 front and rear knobby tires feature a 4 ply design, and offer superb traction in the dirt.
– 135mm (5.3″) of ground clearance allows the TT-R50 to tackle modest obstacles.
– Rugged YZ-inspired plastic body components resist damage in the event of a tip-over. This design gives the TT-R50 that big YZ look while also creating a narrow profile for easy rider movements.
– Long flat YZ style seat provides easy front to back rider movements.
– Key operated, handlebar mounted ignition switches prevents joy rides when an adult supervisor is not around.
– Rugged YZ style handlebar features a re-enforcing cross bar for extra strength and a foam pad to protect the rider. YZ style grips give that big bike feel.
– Special sealed battery design is low-maintenance and prevents leakage even during a tip-over.
– Serrated steel folding footpegs provide excellent footing even in wet or muddy conditions.
– Convenient handlebar mounted paddle-style choke lever is easily accessible.
– On/off/reserve fuel petcock
– Throttle stop screw allows parents or adult supervisor to control the top speed of the TT-R50 by restricting how far the throttle can be opened.
– Heat shields on exhaust components protect young riders from hot components
– Foam handlebar pad
– Keyed ignition
– Upper and lower chain guards
– New graphics for 2007
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet and eye protection are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R50.
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
Bore and Stroke 36 x 48.6mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni VM11
Transmission 3-speed, auto clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) 22mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Monocross
Brakes (Front) Drum
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 2.50-10
Tires (Rear) 2.50-10
Length 1,305mm (51.4″)
Width 595mm (23.4″)
Height 775mm (30.5″)
Wheelbase 925mm (36.4″)
Ground Clearance 135mm (5.3″)
Seat Height 555mm (21.9″)
Dry Weight 54kg (118.8 lb)
Fuel Capacity 3.1 litres (0.68 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $1,149 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from August 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.