2007 Yamaha YZ85
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha YZ85
2007 Yamaha YZ85
Play time is over.
The YZ85 is just like our big-time two-stroke MXers, only for the younger rider. It’s not playing.
– 84.7cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single
– Crankcase reed valve induction and 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor ensures seamless throttle response across the powerband, while aluminum carb body helps reduce weight
– Lightweight, forged piston means less reciprocal mass and less friction for a faster revving engine with great durability
– Digital CD ignition system provides a hot, precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration
– Revised, smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission with involute splines on main and drive shafts are mated to a heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch delivering maximum hook-up for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power. Third pinion gear has been revised for improved durability.
– Clutch cover features a quick remove sub-cover for fast, easy access during maintenance
– Lightweight radiator with large size cores and computer-designed louvers provides maximum cooling efficiency
– Washable, dual-stage, foam filter ensures great air filtering performance and easy, economical maintenance
– Lightweight exhaust system is specially designed to create a broad powerband with strong low-end punch. The aluminum silencer is repackable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels
– Semi-double cradle steel frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp handling
– Detachable rear subframe allows easy access for suspension maintenance
– Lightweight, adjustable 36mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork provide 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel and adjust for compression and rebound damping. Adjustments include: 20 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping. Their construction offers YZ250/125-design valving, low-friction outer tubes and internals to ensure a smooth, compliant stroke for superior handling and light steering
– Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock providing 275mm (11.1″) of wheel travel. Adjustments include spring preload,20 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping
– 220mm front disc with twin piston caliper and stainless steel rotor deliver strong stopping power with incomparable control and one-finger feel
– 190mm rear disc brakes features a stainless steel rotor and single piston caliper
– Rugged, plastic rear caliper protector
– Lightweight 17″ front and 14″ rear DID rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
– Premium Dunlop knobby tires enhance traction and cornering on a variety of tracks and terrain
– Slim line body design and flat seat and fuel tank provide excellent freedom of movement and weight transfer
– Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip provide superb grip and excellent durability
– Wide, cast-alloy footpegs are cleated to provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance
– Wide-diameter fuel tank cap and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling
– Stainless steel inner clutch cable ensures longer life and smooth operation
– Sealed pivot on kickstarter helps reduce wear
– Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers help reduce dirt, mud, and water entry
– Convenient lifting holes in side cover
– Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing
– New graphics for 2007
Engine 2-stroke, liquid-cooled,crankcase reed-valve,single
Bore and Stroke 47.5 x 47.8mm
Compression Ratio 8.2:1
Maximum Torque 1.8kg-m (12.3ft-lb)@ 10,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Keihin PWK28 x 1
Ignition digital CDI
Transmission Constant mesh, 6-speed
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) Fully adjustable 36mm inverted fork / 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel
Suspension (Rear) Fully adjustable link Monocross / 282mm (11.1″) of wheel travel
Brakes (Front) 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear) 190mm disc
Tires (Front) 70/100-17
Tires (Rear) 90/100-14
Length 1,818mm (71.6″)
Width 758mm (29.8″)
Height 1,161mm (45.7″)
Wheelbase 1,255mm (49.4″)
Seat Height 864mm (34″)
Dry Weight 66kg (145 lb)
Fuel Capacity 5 litres (1.1 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $3,149 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.