2007 Yamaha YZF600R
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha YZF600R
2007 Yamaha YZF600R
Good times are not measured in seconds.
Interested in a middle-weight sportbike but not going after any Supersport Championships?
The YZF-600R has amazing performance – in tune with the everyday needs of the realworld.
The 600R is a perfectly balanced, versatile middleweight sport machine that recognizes that in this imperfect world, you can’t live your whole life out on the track.
That’s not to say that the 600R doesn’t still rail through hairpins with the best of ‘em: the liquid-cooled, 16-valve Genesis in-line 4-stroke engine gives you low- and mid-range performance that packs a race-sized wallop. But for everyday riding, a wide, plush seat, slightly rearset footpegs and a broader, taller windshield and fairing also deliver a highly practical ride. The high-flying YZF family just came down to earth.
The YZF600R is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
– Potent, 599cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, slant block, in-line four-cylinder powerplant produces strong power perfectly tuned for both aggressive sport riding and everyday commuting.
– Slant block engine design provides the straightest path possible for intake and exhaust charge to enter and exit the engine. The more efficiently this can be done, the more power is generated.
– 4-valve cylinder head design provides excellent intake efficiency for great engine response and performance.
– Durable, lightweight, short-skirt, forged pistons help reduce weight for increased throttle response.
– Aluminum cylinder block uses ceramic composite bores for reduced weight, improved heat transfer and reduced friction.
– Ram air intake system “force feeds” air at higher speeds into the intake system for increased horsepower and maximum top-end performance.
– Four 36mm Keihin CVKD36 downdraft carburetors with T.P.S. ensure crisp, seamless throttle response.
– Washable foam filter reduces tune-up expenses.
– Close-ratio, 6-speed transmission provides optimal power delivery with effortless shifting.
– 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system optimizes engine performance while reducing weight. Balance tubes between header pipes enhance low and mid-range torque.
– Lightweight, compact ignition rotor reduces reciprocating mass for fast engine response.
– High-capacity radiator with cooling fan maintains optimum engine temperatures for maximum performance.
– Liquid-cooled oil cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for extended engine life. Convenient spin-on type oil filter.
Legendary twin-spar, diamond-type, Deltabox steel frame and swingarm are the perfect combination of light weight and rigidity for precise handling.
– The engine is used as a stressed member making the entire chassis more rigid for maximum handling performance.
– Fully adjustable, 41mm fork provides 130mm (5.1″) of wheel travel and offers race-inspired suspension performance and the ability to tailor suspension settings to suit load or road conditions. Adjustments include: 8 spring preload positions, 10-way compression damping and 10-way rebound damping.
– Fully adjustable, Monocross link rear suspension utilizes a remote reservoir shock that allows a rider to tailor settings to match weight, road conditions and riding style. Adjustments include: 7 spring preload positions, 6-way compression damping and 23-way rebound damping. Rear wheel travel is 120mm (4.7″).
– Dual 298mm front discs with rigid monoblock 4-piston calipers provide exceptional fade-free stopping power.
– 245mm single rear disc brake with opposed piston caliper
– Lightweight, cast alloy, 3-spoke, 17″ wheels front and back reduce unsprung weight for superior suspension performance.
– 120/60 ZR17 front and 160/60 ZR17 rear radials deliver excellent grip and balanced steering characteristics.
– Sleek, drag-reducing fairing with tall wind-screen provides the perfect combination of wind protection and aerodynamics for optimal rider comfort without sacrificing performance.
– Moderately low clip-on bars, wide, plush seat and slightly rear-set footpegs create the ideal ergonomic balance between hard-edged supersport machine and everyday commuter.
– Plush, roomy seat and sturdy grabrails provide first-class, two-up seating.
– 19-litre fuel tank ensures an excellent riding range.
– Instrumentation includes easy-to-read analog speedometer, tachometer, odometer, tripmeter and temperature gauge.
– Sleek 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlight maximizes visibility and enhances aerodynamics.
– Convenient handlebar-mounted choke lever
– Electric fuel pump
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery
– Low fuel and oil warning light
– Swingarm-mounted inner fender reduces splash
– 4-position, adjustable front brake lever
– Durable O-ring chain
– Lockable steering, fuel cap and helmet holder
– Bungee cord hooks under rear tail section
– Push-to-cancel turn signals
Engine Liquid-cooled, 4-valve,DOHC, in-line four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 62 x 49.6mm
Compression Ratio 12:01
Maximum Torque 6.6kg-m (47.9 ft-lb)@ 9,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery 36mm Keihin CV downdraft x 4
Lubrication Wet sump
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension (Front) Fully adjustable 41mm forks
Suspension (Rear) Fully adjustable link-type Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 245mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/60-ZR-17
Tires (Rear) 160/60-ZR17
Length 2,060mm (81.1″)
Width 725mm (28.5″)
Height 1,190mm (46.9″)
Wheelbase 1,415mm (55.7″)
Seat Height 805mm (31.7″)
Dry Weight 187kg (411 lb)
Fuel Capacity 19 litres (4.2 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Dark Metallic Blue
USA: $7,099 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.