2008 Honda Metropolitan
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda Metropolitan
2008 Honda Metropolitan
With the Metropolitan, riders looking for economical transportation and easy-to-operate features can also enjoy a fun and fashionable ride that comes in a variety of styles and colors.
Already one of the most stylish, Euro-cool scooters going, the Metropolitan® takes the hip factor even higher for 2008. With amped-up urban styling, and (on selected models) chrome mirrors and muffler cover, two-tone seat, and black wheels accented by 3D emblems, this fully automatic, 49cc fashion plate is two-wheeled proof that a scooter can be both ultra-hip and ultra-practical.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Ocean, Monza and Gothic colors join Ruby. Monza and Gothic colors include chrome mirrors, a chrome muffler cover, 3-D chrome emblems, black wheels, black belt cover, and two-tone custom seat.
– Efficient four-stroke engine uses substantially less fuel and significantly reduces exhaust emissions over a comparable two-stroke engine.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
– Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power (see Technology Section).
– Lightweight and sturdy aluminum chassis contributes to the Metropolitan’s maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
– Lockable underseat compartment provides nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
– Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
– Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
– Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
– Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
– Starter system utilizes the engine’s brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
– Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
– Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
– Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
– Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan’s floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
– Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
– Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
– Twin-downtube fork provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
– Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
– Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping power.
– The Metropolitan’s CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping. (see Technology Section).
– High-grip, long-lasting tires.
– Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
– Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or even a full-face helmet.
– Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
– Audible turn-signal indicator.
– Parking brake.
– Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
– Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
– Convenient rear hand grip.
– Helmet holder locks helmet in place under the seat.
– Shopping-bag holder.
– Backup kickstarter.
– Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories
– Rear Carrier.
– Rear Trunk.
– Front Inner Basket.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion: 18mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 1.9 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Rear: Drum with CBS
Wheelbase: 46.9 inches
Seat Height: 28.3 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.32 gallons
Colors: Ruby, Ocean, Monza and Gothic.
Curb Weight*: 176 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,799 available in Canada as the Honda Jazz (below)
Model: Honda Jazz
Engine Type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 37.8 mm x 44 mm
Compression Ratio 11.9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery 18 mm CV with auto choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front Suspension Twin downtube fork; 48 mm (1.9 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 66 mm (2.6 inches) travel
Tires 90/90 – 10 front; 90/90 – 10 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum with CBS
Seat Height 719 mm (28.3 inches)
Wheelbase 1,191 mm (46.9 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 5 litres
Colour Nassau Blue Metallic, Monza Red, Pure Black/Penguin Grey
Specifications and features are subject to change