2009 Yamaha TT-R125L
Back to 2009 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
• 2009 Yamaha TT-R125L
2009 Yamaha TT-R125L
All the TT-R performance with smaller wheels and lower seat height than its bigger brother.
Canadian Description: You can look just like Chad Reed aboard a 2009 Yamaha TT-R125L. Boasting big 19″ front and 16″ rear wheels, the Yamaha TT-R125L offers all the fun and excitement of off road riding in a slightly larger size than the regular TT-R125s. Perfect for the advancing rider of larger novices.
US Description: The TT-R125E has a push button electric starter, four-stroke powered engine, seat height of less than 30.5 inches with over 10 inches of ground clearance and long travel suspension, with 17″ front and 14″ rear wheel combination. .
– New YZ inspired body and seat
– New Showa 31mm fork
Key Features USA:
– Big fun for the whole family in a small package, the YZ-styled four-stroke-powered TT-R125s beg to be ridden by everyone from bigger kids to adults.
– A seat height of less than 32 inches makes these accessible to most riders, but over 10 inches of ground clearance and long-travel suspension at both ends mean they’re also serious trail bikes.
– “E” model features pushbutton electric starting, a 17- and 14-inch wheel combination for confidence-building handling for novice riders and drum brakes for consistent, predictable stops.
– Potent, 124cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke powerplant puts out torquey, broadband power tuned for maximum off-road performance in a wide range of trail conditions.
– 20mm Mikuni® carburetor ensures crisp, dependable throttle response.
– Smooth-shifting, five-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch is geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
– CDI ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
– Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
– Easy-access, tool-free air filter adds extra convenience during maintenance.
– Lightweight exhaust system features quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
– Rigid frame design features a long wheelbase to accommodate bigger riders while maintaining quick, agile off-road handling.
– 31mm telescopic front fork with 7.1 inches of travel for plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
– Smaller, 17-inch front and 14-inch rear wheels on the 125E inspire great rider confidence by keeping the seat low and the steering light.
– Single rear shock with 6.3 inches of travel on the 125E delivers progressive suspension performance to smooth out rugged trails.
– Box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
– Front and rear brakes deliver strong, dependable stopping power.
– Knobby tires offer superb grip and exceptional wear.
– Long, YZ-style seat is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
– Team Yamaha–inspired colors, graphics, and front and side number plates create styling similar to larger YZ lineup.
– Sleek, narrow fuel tank helps create big-bike look and feel.
– Large, folding, cleated footpegs provide excellent footing even in wet or muddy conditions.
– Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
Key Features Canada:
Potent, air-cooled, 124cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces broad torquey power tuned for maximum, novice friendly off-road performance.
Internal engine counterbalancer reduces vibration for maximum rider comfort.
Lightweight crankshaft means fast throttle response.
Silent design cam chain and automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance, longer engine life and reduced mechanical noise.
Mikuni VM20 carburetor ensures crisp, dependable throttle response and great fuel economy. A pull – pull dual throttle cable system is used.
Easy-access, tools-free, washable, foam air filter adds extra convenience and reduced tune-up costs.
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with heavy-duty manual clutch is geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
CDI ignition system provides a strong spark for sure starts and never needs maintenance.
Conventional kick starter allows hassle-free restarting in gear.
Lightweight, upswept exhaust system provides quiet operation, a screen type spark arrestor protects Mother Nature and a stylish end cap gives that YZ image. Heat shields protect rider from hot components.
Rugged, plastic engine skid plate
Rugged, diamond-type, steel frame design features longer wheelbase and higher seat height to accommodate larger riders while still maintaining quick, agile, off-road handling.
Rugged, box-section, steel swingarm enhances rigidity and features easy-to-use, eccentric chain adjusters.
31mm Showa front fork with 180mm (7.1″) of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain. Fork settings have been optimized for excellent suspension function and great rider comfort. Fork settings on the
TT-R 125L are slightly stiffer settings than the TT-R125 to deliver even more aggressive off-road suspension performance.
Fork boots extend fork seal and stanchion tube life by reducing mud and dirt damage.
Monocross link, single shock rear suspension also has firmer settings than standard TT-R125 to provide better bump absorption for more aggressive riders. Spring preload is adjustable to suit rider’s weight. Rear wheel travel is
805mm (31.7″) seat height and 295mm (11.6″) of ground clearance creates a nimble, sharp-steering package capable of tackling the toughest trails and terrain.
Front 220mm disc with twin piston caliper and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
6 liter black plastic fuel tank is designed to allow easy rider movements. This tank features a special “fluorination surface treatment” which reduces fuel permeation for improved environmental protection.
Big 19″ front and 16″ rear wheels inspire greater rider confidence with quick, predictable steering.
Knobby tires offer superb grip in the dirt.
YZ inspired body work … just like the parts found on our competition YZ series ! We have even added YZ style rad shrouds and a cool muffler end cap. This “slim design” bodywork allows for fast, easy rider movements.
Flat YZ-style seat features a “gripper” cover like the bigger YZs for great control. The seat foam has been designed for great rider comfort. The flat design allows easy rider movements.
Motocross-style handlebar with crossbar for added strength
Large, folding, serrated foot pegs provide excellent footing even in wet or muddy conditions.
Convenient, handlebar-mounted choke knob
Folding, serrated brake pedal and shifter tips resist damage.
Plastic chain guard and nylon chain protector.
Brake and clutch lever covers help reduce dirt and mud build-up.
Convenient lift holes in side cover makes lifting the bike easier.
All new “Team Yamaha” YZ inspired graphics for 2009.
2009 Yamaha TT-R125L – USA Specifications
MSRP* $2,699 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from October 2008
Type 124cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 54.0mm x 54.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Carburetion Mikuni® VM20
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 7.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock; 6.3-in travel
Brakes/Front 110mm drum
Brakes/Rear 110mm drum
Tires/Front 70/100-17 40M
Tires/Rear 90/100-14 49M
Length 72.6 in
Width 30.9 in
Height 41.7 in
Seat Height 30.5 in
Wheelbase 49.2 in
Ground Clearance 10.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal
Wet Weight 198 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
2009 Yamaha TT-R125L – Canada Specifications
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
Bore and Stroke 54 x 54mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Maximum Torque 1kg-m (7.4 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni VM20 SS
Transmission 5-speed w/manual clutch
Drive Train Chain
Suspension (Front) 31mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link-type Monocross
Brakes (Front) 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 70/100-19
Tires (Rear) 90/100-16
Length 1,900mm (74.8″)
Width 795mm (31.3″)
Height 1,085mm (42.7″)
Wheelbase 1,270mm (50″)
Ground Clearance 295mm (11.6″)
Seat Height 805mm (31.7″)
Fuel Capacity 6 litres (1.3 imp. gallons)
Wet Weight 84kg (184.8 lb)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.