Team Suzuki Press Office – January 18.
Charles Lefrancois – 2 – 4
Cole Martinez – 3
Cédric Soubeyras – 3
Thomas Do – 3 – 2
Suzuki riders raced to podiums at the final round of the ADAC Supercross Cup in Dortmund, Germany at the weekend, although bad luck denied series favourite, American Cole Martinez, the championship title.
Martinez (Team Castrol Power 1 Suzuki) arrived at Dortmund with a large point advantage in the SX1 class. On Friday he was able to reach the final without any problems and was leading the race before he crashed with two laps to go, but was still able to finish third, although he wasn’t happy.
Then, after a crash in the semifinal he had to go through last-chance-race but missed the final after a crash and had to watch Tyler Bowers take away the championship title.
On Saturday he reached the final again and led many laps until problems made him fall back to 10th position. Although it was a weekend to forget, he maintained third place overall in the championship results.
His team mate Cédric Soubeyras had a better weekend. The Frenchman showed a good performance all weekend and only just missed the podium on all three days, bringing home a third place in the weekend/s “King of Dortmund”.
Charles Lefrancois (Team Twenty Suspension Suzuki) finished just behind Soubeyras in the “King of Dortmund” ranking; with good results the whole season and a successful weekend in Dortmund, Lefrancois finished the championship in second position.
In the SX2 class, the RM-Z was regularly on top this season: Frenchman Thomas Do (Sturm Racing) just missed the podium after a hard but entertaining fight against Diogo Graca (Team Castrol Power 1 Suzuki) as fourth on Friday. But on Saturday and Sunday Do won the finals. In the weekend’s “Prince of Dortmund” he just missed out by one point. In the overall results of SX Cup Do and Graca took third and fourth respectively.
Suzuki’s youngest rider Maximilian Werner (Team Waldmann), who celebrated his 13th birthday on Saturday in Dortmund, reached the SX3 podium regularly and finished the championship second.
In the SX125 class Andrea Bonifacio (stielergruppe.mx Johannes-Bikes Suzuki) finished second both days.
SX Cup SX1:
1. Tyler Bowers (USA, Kawasaki), 116 Points
2. Charles Lefrancois (FRA, Suzuki), 107
3. Cole Martinez (USA, Suzuki), 106
4. Dominique Thury (GER, Husqvarna), 86
5. Valentin Teillet (FRA, KTM), 80
King of Dortmund:
1. Tyler Bowers (USA, Kawasaki), 72 Points
2. Valentin Teillet (FRA, KTM), 62
3. Cédric Soubeyras (FRA, Suzuki), 49
4. Charles Lefrancois (FRA, Suzuki), 47
5. Gregory Aranda (FRA, Kawasaki), 43
SX Cup SX2:
1. Julien Lebeau (FRA, Husqvarna), 114 Points
2. Tom Koch (GER, KTM), 104
3. Thomas Do (FRA, Suzuki), 86
4. Diogo Graca (POR, Suzuki), 77
5. Anthony Bourdon (FRA, Husqvarna), 67
Prince of Dortmund:
1. Julien Lebeau (FRA, Husqvarna), 69 Points
2. Thomas Do (FRA, Suzuki), 68
3. Anthony Bourdon (FRA, Husqvarna), 51
4. Diogo Graca (POR, Suzuki), 50
5. Clément Briatte (FRA, Kawasaki), 42