Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Kawasaki Mule 600
2010 Kawasaki Mule 600
A comfortable fit everywhere from farms and ranches to downtown industrial environments, the success of Kawasaki’s two-wheel-drive Mule™ 600 utility vehicle is no secret. Getting two people, tools and supplies to a job site, or letting them enjoy the great outdoors—at a price less than many ATVs—is just smart economics. The versatility of Kawasaki’s entry-level utility model is enhanced by its transportability; it’s an easy fit in the bed of a full-size pickup truck.
2010 Kawasaki Mule 600 Technology
At a glance…
– Rugged and compact off-road utility vehicle
– Easy to use, with low operating costs
– Can be easily transported in the back of a full-size pickup truck
– Can tow up to 1,100 lbs. with optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine – Simple, lightweight, durable, and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
– Modern four-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel economy
– Cooling fan helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
– Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
– Can be started in gear by depressing brake pedal
Gear Driven Engine Balancer – Balanced weight opposite the piston cuts vibration dramatically and minimizes noise and wear
– Maximizes operator comfort, and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– Carburetor settings cut exhaust emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
– California models have a check valve on the fuel tank to charcoal canister connector hose for preventing gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
– Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in most efficient range for any vehicle speed, load, or terrain
– An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life.
– Belt deflection can easily be adjusted by changing shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
– Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
– Long wearing double cog CVT belt
– Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
– Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance, great for use on grass.
Rack and Pinion Steering
– Rack-and-pinion steering helps to keep steering light and accurate, which makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
– Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
– Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
– Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
– Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
– Isolates vibration
– Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride with an empty cargo bed
– Special tread pattern and 22-inch tires enhance off-road traction, ride quality and reduce tire wear
– Self-Adjusting, Hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
– Front grille includes space for mounting a 3000-pound capacity winch
– Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, easily fitting in the bed of a full-sized pickup
– Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
– Durable plastic body panels resist dents and color is molded in for long lasting good looks
– Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Two seat belts
– Speed limited to 25 mph
– Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
– Passenger side glove box
– Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Tilting steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and adds durability
– Crankcase oil level dipstick
– Dual element air cleaner
– CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
– Automotive style dash designed for ease of use with easy reach controls
– Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
– Fuel gauge
– Oil temperature warning light
– Gear selector for Forward, Neutral, and Reverse
– Differential locking lever
– Convenient parking brake
– Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
– New brake pedal lever shape and longer length
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Snow Plow
2010 Kawasaki Mule 600 – USA Specifications
US MSRP* $6,499 USD
Engine Four-stroke, air-cooled single
Bore x Stroke 82 x 76mm
Compression ratio 8.3:1
Carburetor Nikki 6C1026
Air filter Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Magneto and transistor
Electrical 12VDC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse
Final drive Shaft, dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Front Tire Size 22×9-10 tubeless
Rear Tire Size 22×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1 in.
Steering Rack and pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drum
Fuel capacity 4.1 gallons
Curb weight 952 lbs.
Overall length 108.8 in.
Overall width 52.6 in.
Overall height 70.1 in.
Wheelbase 70.0 in.
Ground clearance 6.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 10.9 cu. ft.
Cargo bed capacity 400 lbs.
Load capacity 926 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,100 lbs.
Turning radius 10.8 ft.
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Instruments Hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
Color Choices Woodsman Green
Warranty 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12 or 24 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change
2010 Kawasaki Mule 600 – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP* $NA CDN
Model not available in Canada
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.