2000 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250
The people’s choice for the best entry-level motorcycle returns to welcome more riders into the exciting world of motorcycling.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· New Pearl Silver/Black color combinations enhance the Rebel’s appearance.
· Proven twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
· Convenient and reliable electric starter.
· Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
· Constant Velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
· Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
· Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
· Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition.
· Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
· Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic™ bushings.
· Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
· Rectangular-section swingarm.
· Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
· Wide, 15-inch rear tire.
· Spoke-type wheels with chrome rims.
· O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
· Low seat height of only 26.6 inches.
· Pullback handlebar.
· 2.6-gallon teardrop fuel tank.
· Two-piece custom-styled seat.
· Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight case.
· Stylish chrome-plated taillight housing.
· Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
· Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Key-operated steering lock for added security.
· Easy-to-use helmet lock.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
234cc air-cooled, parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
53mm x 53mm
SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Single 26mm diaphragm-type CV
33mm fork; 115mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 74mm travel
Single disc with twin-piston caliper
1450mm (57.1 in.)
675mm (26.6 in.)
139kg (306.4 lbs.)
10 litres (2.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.