2000 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
The king of the cruisers is designed for the custom rider who wants incredible performance, classic styling and Honda’s legendary durability.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· New, low, 28.9-inch seat height for flatfooted confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
· Black/Red and Black/Yellow two-tone paint finishes join basic Black.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort
· Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a freeflow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal
· Five-speed transmission with close gearratios for exciting roll-on performance
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side
· The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis features solidly mounted engine for confidence inspiring handling
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 5.1 inches of plush, well-controlled travel
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 4.7 inches of wheel travel
· Large-section radial tires provide superb grip and an excellent ride
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the sweeping styling
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers
· Long-range 5.3-gallon fuel tank. Large, comfortable two-piece custom seat features a detachable passenger section and rear backrest
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.9-inch seat height
· Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight with unique eyebrow-style chrome case and multi-reflector-type lens
· Chrome-case-enclosed tachometer and speedometer with attractive whitecolored faces
· Convenient push-to-cancel turnsignal switch
· High-quality two-tone or black solid-color finishes combine with the powerful styling and many chromed components to deliver a stunning visual presence
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty. Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America. Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
· Leather saddlebags
· Custom grips and mirrors
· Fork case cover
· Chromed items include exhaust tips, sidecovers, handlebar levers, lever bracket holders, master cylinder cap, engine hanger cover, oil filler cap, radiator cap, radiator screen, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, sidestand, swingarm cover, passenger peg bracket, Valkyrie emblem, front fender ornament, frontfender guard, front fender trim, and rear fender trim
· Audio options include: CB radio with available antenna, passenger audio controller, and headsets.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R – 17
180/70R – 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
734mm (28.9 in.)
309 kg (682 lbs.)
21 litres (4.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.