2000 Honda ST1100
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda ST1100
The legendary Honda ST1100 is the most versatile sport-touring motorcycle available, featuring Honda’s mighty V-4 engine, sport-bred handling plus long-distance comfort and convenience.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· Beautiful Candy Dark Red paint.
· Liquid-cooled 1084cc longitudinally mounted V-4 engine produces excellent horse-power and torque over a wide rpm-range.
· Shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm reliability and offers 16,000-mile valve adjustment intervals.
· Belt-driven camshaft for smooth, quiet, reliable operation.
· Four-valve-per-cylinder technology provides excellent combustion efficiency and high power.
· Four 34.5mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetors provide crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Cassette-type five-speed transmission.
· Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system.
· Aluminum radiator keeps temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
· High-output 40-amp air-cooled AC generator allows installation of varied electrical accessories, and delivers substantial output even at low rpm.
· Clutch, main-shaft and drive-shaft dampers for reduced noise, vibration and driveline lash.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame is strong and positions the engine low for superb maneuverability and precise handling.
· Wind-tunnel-designed and -tested fairing with Honda’s Air Control Windscreen™ offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
· 43mm cartridge fork (41mm on ST1100) offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces fork compression during braking.
· Single-shock swingarm-mounted rear suspension system offers spring preload and rebound damping adjustability.
· Wide, three-spoke cast aluminum wheels fitted with V-rated bias-belted tires (ST1100) or Z-rated radial tires (ST1100 ABSII).
· Dual-disc front brake and single-disc rear brake.
· Roomy cockpit and ergonomically designed, dual-density seat offer true long-haul comfort.
· Enormous, 7.4-gallon fuel tank is located below the seat for a low center of gravity and offers phenomenal touring range.
· Detachable, lockable, color-matched 35-liter saddlebags are standard equipment, feature fold-down carrying handles and can each hold a full-face helmet.
· Integrated fairing protectors for tip-over protection.
· Breakaway rearview mirrors.
· Fairing-mounted quartz clock.
· Padded passenger grabrails.
· Dual halogen headlights.
· Integrated front and rear turn signals.
· Fairing-mounted headlight adjuster.
· Full instrumentation includes fuel and temperature gauges.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock.
· Single ignition key operates all locks.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Passenger backrest.
· Inner saddlebag set.
· Knee pad set.
· Scuff pad set.
1085cc liquid-cooled, 90-degree, transverse V-four
Bore and Stroke
73mm X 64.8mm
10 : 1
Belt driven, DOHC, 4 valve, shim under bucket
Four 34.55mm downdraft, CV diaphragm-type
Transistorized, with electronic advance
43mm cartridge fork with TRAC anti-dive, 150mm travel
Single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping 120mm travel
Dual 296mm discs with triple piston calipers, LBS-ABS
Single 296mm disc with triple piston caliper; LBS-ABS
120/70 ZR 18
160/70 ZR 17
800mm (31.5 in.)
1555mm (61.2 in.)
297 kg (655 lbs.)
28 litres (6.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.