+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
- 2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250
2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250
The Nighthawk is where full-size motorcycling meets small-sized budgets in a lightweight, easy-to-use package.
Lightweight. Dependable. Performance packed. And as easy on
your wallet as it is to use. That's the Nighthawk®, our 250cc all-arounder
that goes way beyond what typically defines an intro bike (although it is
peerless in that respect). Whether a total beginner or a seasoned vet, the
Nighthawk offers every rider the perfect combination of performance, Honda
reliability, and perhaps best of all, value.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New Black color
- Twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC engine offers plenty of smooth, easy-to-use power.
- Large cylinder fins for efficient engine cooling.
- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
- Single 26mm CV carburetor offers crisp throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- CD ignition requires no maintenance.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Good-looking and quiet chrome exhaust system.
- Simple, easily adjustable cable-operated clutch and easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Durable O-ring drive chain.
- Single-cradle steel frame is lightweight and strong.
- 31mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
- Dual rear shocks offer five-position preload adjustability for varying loads and conditions.
- Powerful drum brakes front and rear.
- Lightweight wire spoke wheels with chrome rims.
- High-quality tires offer excellent traction and long life.
- Relaxed standard riding position and ergonomically designed seat offer a high level of riding comfort for both rider and passenger.
- Large 4.3-gallon fuel capacity and outstanding fuel economy offer excellent cruising range.
- Round halogen headlight.
- Low seat height of just 29.3 inches.
- Easy-to-read instrumentation includes a handy tripmeter.
- Convenient steering lock for added security.
- Dual mirrors.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Tank Pad.
- Chrome Accessories: Backrest.
- Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled vertical twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 26mm CV carburetor
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Front: 31mm fork; 4.8 inches travel
Rear: Dual rear shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Wheelbase: 56.3 inches
Seat Height: 29.3 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve
Curb Weight*: 315 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due
to emissions equipment.
Not available for sale in Canada
Specifications and features are subject to change