+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
2009 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
It's no surprise that the Shadow Aero has been one of Honda's best selling middleweight cruisers, especially when considering how affordable this stunning Retro Cruiser is. With one look you'll note a slew of featuresthe 749cc V-twin, bullet-style mufflers, classic fenders, spoked wheels, a ton of chrome, and five gorgeous new paint schemesyou'd expect on a bike twice this size. For twice the price. The Shadow Aero. Proof that when you choose a Honda quality and value is standard.
Hot performance and a cool retro look that's the Honda VT750C Shadow Aero in a nutshell. Its sophisticated 745 cc V-twin engine produces plenty of power for effortless city or highway cruising, but it doesn't overwhelm you with its size and weight the way some big-bore bikes can. And check out those classically valanced fenders, the broad, ow-slung solo seat with detachable passenger section, the wide tires rolling on spoke wheels, and the suspension that looks retro but feels modern-day plush. Easy on the eyes, and easy on the wallet. The VT750C Shadow Aero sure is an easy bike to like.
The Shadow Aero fits the bill perfectly for a wide range of
riders searching for classic retro styling, low seat height, power-packed
V-twin engine and fine handling - all at a price that's right for the times.
New for 2009
- Stylish new 3-D emblems on Candy Dark Red and classic Black.
- New Metallic Titanium/White, Pearl Blue/Metallic Silver and Black/Snakeskin Pattern join Candy Dark Red and classic Black colors.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section)
- Two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic cruiser style.
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Large-section tires are mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chrome rims. The front end features a fat 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Chrome highlights include: cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
- Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank for classic retro styling.
- Broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger seat.
- Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Classically styled and powerful 60-watt/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
- Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Riders Club of America® (HRCA®).
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Backrest with Pad (Tall and Low styles) and Rear Carrier (Square Tube).
- Chrome Accessories: Backrest Trim (Tall and Low styles), Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Front Fender Guard Rail, Rear Fender Guard Rail, Radiator Guard, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Trim, Rear Fender Trim, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Seat Trim Rail, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Driveshaft Cover and Master Cylinder Cap (Chrome and Chrome Billet).
- Leather Accessories: Leather Saddlebags (two styles: Plain and Studded), Synthetic Leather (throw-over style), Front Pouch (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed), Touring Bag (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed), Studded Tank Belt.
- Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
2009 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero - USA Specifications
MSRP: $6,999 USD
Engine Type 745cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Bore and Stroke 79.0mm x 76.0mm
Induction Single 34.0mm CV type
Ignition CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41.0mm fork; 4.6-inch travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5-inch travel
Front Brake Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake 180 mm Drum
Front Tires 120/90-17
Rear Tires 160/80-15
Trail 161mm (6.3 inches)
Wheelbase 64.5 inches
Seat Height 25.9 inches
Curb Weight 553 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuelready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Available Colors Metallic Titanium/White, Pearl Blue/Metallic Silver, Black/Snakeskin Pattern, Candy Dark Red, Black
Model ID VT750C
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment
Note Classic retro styling at a great price
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
2009 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero - Canada Specifications
MSRP: $8,699 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 745 cc
Bore & Stroke 79 mm x 76 mm
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 34 mm CV carb
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 41 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 89 mm (3.5 inches) travel
Tires 120/90 - 17 front; 160/80 - 15 rear
Brakes Front single 296mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Seat Height 658 mm (25.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,638 mm (64.5 inches)
Curb Weight 250 kg (553 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 14 litres
Colour Graphite Black, Exclusive Edition - Graphite Black/Snake Inlay (Not available from all Dealers)
Thank for supporting