Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda FourTrax Rancher TRX420TM
2009 Honda FourTrax Rancher TRX420TM
Our 2009 Rancher line gives you even more choices—like 2WD, 4WD, electric power steering and our radical new twin-clutch transmission. Our Rancher two-wheel-drive model is the foundation of the lineup—tough, simple, and all the ATV many of you will ever need. But no matter which Rancher you choose, you’re getting the quality, dependability, and proven features that set a Honda apart.
Over the years, the ready-and-willing Rancher has proven itself a dependable partner from sunup to sundown, whether the day calls for work or for fun.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
– New Black color joins Red and Olive
– Rugged OHV liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
– Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
– Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Specially designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
– Efficient 420cc longitudinally mounted engine boasts exceptional horsepower and torque and eliminates 90-degree power transfers (see Technology Section).
– Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
– Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
– Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
– Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
– Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low first gear.
– Convenient electric starting with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
– Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
– Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
– Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
– Powerful, 343-watt AC generator.
– Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
– Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
– Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 8.9 feet.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
– Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
– Tough, large-diameter 24×8-12 front and wide 24×10-11 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
– Dual hydraulic front disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stops.
– Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– ES model has multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hour meter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and fuel injection.
– Combination LED stoplight and taillight.
– Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
– Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
– Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
– Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.6-gallon capacity.
– Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
– Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
– Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
– Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
– Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
– Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
– USDA-qualified, three-chamber spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
– Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
– Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
– Keyed ignition switch for added security.
– Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
– Easy-to-use parking brake.
– Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
– Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
– FourTrax Rancher assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Flag Kit.
– Recoil Starter.
– 12-Volt Accessory Socket.
2009 Honda FourTrax Rancher TRX420TM – USA Specifications
American MSRP $4,599 USD
Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
Induction: Keihin 34mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 6.3 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Length: 80.9 inches
Width: 46.1 inches
Height: 45.1 inches
Seat Height: 32.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.5 inches
Wheelbase: 49.2 inches
Turning Radius: 8.9 feet
Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons (including 1.0-gallon reserve)
Colors: Black, Red, Olive
Curb Weight*: 547 pounds *Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda FourTrax Rancher TRX420TM – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $TBD CDN
Model not available in Canada