Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 Review
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Ultra-light and nimble, with plenty of torque, smooth power, huge MPGs and a low seat for easy handling. Small in price but huge in style, performance & value….
Star light, Star bright. An ultra light and nimble cruiser with plenty of torque, smooth power, huge MPGs and a nice, low seat to help you keep your feet on the ground. The 2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 is small in price but huge in style, performance and value. The perfect choice for new riders or anyone wanting a super fun way to cruise from point A to B.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to check out the V-Star 250, but the most intriguing is it’s authentic V-twin powerplant, which means that you’re getting full-sized rumble and styling in an easy to ride, lightweight bike.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Authentic, 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly
•Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250 a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
•Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser.
•Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
•The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
•Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
• Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
• Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that ‘classic’ cruiser engine styling.
• Convenient electric starting
• Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
• Transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds.
• Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
• Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
• Dual “shorty” mufflers highlight that classic “American” motorcycle look.
• Rugged, high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame creates a stylish profile and low seat height.
• Box-section swingarm with 5-way spring preload adjustable dual rear shocks provide a comfortable ride and reinforce that cruiser image. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9″).
• 33mm front fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of smooth, comfortable wheel travel.
• 282mm drilled front disc brake uses a twin-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
• Easy to adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator provides good stopping power.
• Premium two-piece rider and passenger seats reinforce that cruiser appearance. Rear passenger section can be removed leaving only rider accommodation, if desired.
• Wide 130/90-15 rear tire accentuates the low, lean appearance and classic cruiser styling.
• Spoked, chrome wheels fitted with a narrow front and wide 130 series rear tire emphasize the traditional “custom” look.
• The V-Star’s full size emphasizes that this is one sharp-looking, value-packed 250!
• Full-size, 1,488mm (58.6″) wheelbase ensures maximum stability and a comfortable, roomy ride.
• Low seat height of only 685mm (27″) and a wet weight of 147kg (323.4 lbs) combine to make the XV250 very easy to ride, even for the most inexperienced riders.
• Handlebar design features a flat bar. This handlebar not only improves the riding position and rider comfort but also makes a serious styling statement too.
• Instrumentation includes a centrally located speedo with tripmeter and a full range of indicator lights.
• Chromed, 60/55-watt, Xenon headlight
• Lots of chrome detailing
• Locking gas cap
• Forward-mounted footpegs mean a relaxed, laid-back riding position.
• Handlebar-mounted choke lever for easy access
• Flexible turn signals
• Steering lock
• Helmet lock
• Push-to-cancel turn signals
• Convenient oil level sight glass
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,340 – Raven – Available from October 2014;
$4,340 – Impact Blue – Available from October 2014
Engine Type 15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 49.0 x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 26mm
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Frame Steel tube
Suspension / Front 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 282mm
Brakes / Rear 130mm drum
Tires / Front 3.00-18
Tires / Rear 130/90-15
Wheels Laced Spokes
L x W x H 86.2 x 28.0 x 41.7 in
Seat Height 27.0 in
Wheelbase 58.7 in
Fuel Capacity 2.5 gal / California model 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 326 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha V-Star 250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4,499 CDN
Air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves (2-valves/cyl), 60° V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
49 x 66 mm
2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
32kpl / 93mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
33 mm fork
Adjustable dual shocks
282 mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
2,190 mm (86.2″)
710 mm (28″)
1,060 mm (41.7″)
1,490 mm (58.7″)
685 mm (27″)
9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)
147 kg (324 lb)
Vivid Purplish Blue
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).