Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha XT250 Review
2015 Yamaha XT250 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
All Road and Trails Lead Here…
The electric start, fuel injected 2015 XT250 is the bike for the person who wants the versatility to go wherever the road or trail might take them. Light and nimble with a low seat height and legendary Yamaha durability, the 2015 Yamaha XT is the perfect traveling companion.
Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun loving dual sport that is easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
2015 Yamaha XT250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, single overhead cam (SOHC), 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces predictable torque across the entire RPM range for great on- and off-road fun.
Lightweight chassis, long travel suspension and plenty of ground clearance provide a fun ride while the fuel injected engine is super fuel efficient.
•Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.
•The XT250 has fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
•Electric start makes firing up the 249cc four-stroke effortless.
•245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
2015 Yamaha XT250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, single overhead cam (SOHC), 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
• 4-stroke engine produces strong, predictable torque across the entire RPM range for great on- and off-road fun. It is very fuel efficient and environmentally friendly too.
• Convenient, no hassle push-button electric starting.
• 2-valve cylinder head. Straight design intake and exhaust tracts provide excellent cylinder filling efficiency for strong low and mid-range power.
• Single overhead camshaft is designed to provide good low and mid rpm torque. The conventional rocker arm design means fast, easy valve clearance adjustments.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance.
• Ceramic composite cylinder “bore” is a “liner less” design with the ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block. Benefits include; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery, reduced weight and reduced friction.
• 74mm lightweight forged piston provides fast throttle response, excellent durability and less mechanical vibration.
• Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft for excellent durability and fast engine response.
• Internal engine counter balancer reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort.
• Multi plate wet type clutch is utilized. Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
• Easy access element type oil filter. Oil filter housing is located on the right hand side of the engine for easy servicing.
• Maintenance-free TCI (transistor controlled) ignition controls the ignition mapping and produces a hot spark for fast, sure starts.
• 16 bit ECU (electronic control unit) controls the fuel injection process.
• 33mm, Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system. This system is a return-less FI system with TPS (throttle position sensor). It provides excellent throttle response, great fuel economy, reduced emissions and a choke-free design.
• A 10-hole fuel injector provides a 22 degree spray pattern for excellent fuel atomization and strong performance.
• 235 watt ACM (alternating current magneto) is used to power the fuel injection system plus the reminder of the electrical components.
• 2.8 litre air box is located under the seat and utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission and manual clutch are well suited to the engine’s power output for easy, relaxed riding.
• Steel exhaust system with heat shields on both the header pipe and muffler protect rider and passenger from accidental contact. Exhaust note is quiet and environmentally friendly. A US Forestry Approved spark arrestor protects Mother Nature.
• Air Induction System (AIS) injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust to insure complete combustion thereby reducing harmful hydro carbon and carbon monoxide (HC & CO) exhaust emissions.
• Semi-double cradle steel frame and an overall “wet” weight of only 132kg (291 lbs.), make the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market.
• Rugged, box section steel swing arm is fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
• 35mm KYB fork with 225mm (8.9″) of wheel travel soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road. Rubber boots protect fork seals and tubes from dirt and grit damage.
• Lightweight aluminium lower triple clamp reduces weight.
• Link Monocross rear suspension features a spring preload adjustable shock. The adjustment range is 20mm (0.8″). Rear wheel travel is 180mm (7.1″)
• Low seat height of 810mm (31.9″) creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability and inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
• 285mm (11.2″) of ground clearance enhances off road use.
• 245mm front disc brake with twin piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
• 203mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston Nissin caliper with rugged plastic caliper protector and an integrated (or 1 piece) rear master cylinder.
• 9.6 litre fuel tank features an in tank electric fuel pump. The low fuel warning light will come on with 2 litres of fuel remaining.
• 21″ front and 18″ rear lightweight DID alloy wheels are extremely durable and reduce unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance.
• Long, YZ-inspired seat creates a balanced riding position and provides roomy comfort for both rider and passenger. The seat features a “pebble style” seat cover.
• Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
• Powerful, 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
• Small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
• Compact digital instrumentation includes: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters and a clock. Other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light and self-diagnosis function.
• Serrated, folding steel footpegs
• Folding gear shift and rear brake lever tip
• Steering and helmet locks
• Locking fuel cap
• Convenient passenger hand rails
• Durable “O” ring chain
• Dependable, low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Flexible turn signals
• Easy-to-use, push-to-cancel turn signals
• Rubber “boots” on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage.
2015 Yamaha XT250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,190 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from June 2014
Engine Type 249cc air-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single
Bore x Stroke 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel Injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiple-disc wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel
Suspension / Rear Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock; 7.1-in travel
Brakes / Front 245mm disc
Brakes / Rear 203mm disc
Tires / Front 2.75-21
Tires / Rear 120/80-18
L x W x H 84.6 x 31.7 x 45.7 in
Seat Height 31.9 in
Wheelbase 53.5 in
Ground Clearance 11.2 in
Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal / California model 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 76
Wet Weight*** 291 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha XT250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $5,149 CDN
Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
74 x 58mm
2.0kg-m (14.5 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
Mikuni 33mm throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
30.5kpl / 87mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric Start
“O” ring chain
35mm fork / 225mm (8.9″) travel
Adjustable Link Monocross / 180mm (7.1″) travel
245mm disc / twin piston
203mm disc / single piston
2.75 x 21
/// CRITICAL DATA
9.6 litres (2.1 imp. gallons)
132kg (291 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).