Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 Review
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Crank up the fun…
The fun loving BWs 125 has undergone a significant makeover for ’15. Not only is the styling all new, but we’ve also increased the under seat storage capacity, added a new digital meter assembly and a new rear disc brake. Not stopping there, the front disc brake diameter has been increased and features a new, more powerful twin piston caliper, the roominess of the cockpit has been increased, and there is a cool new headlight too. Powered by a fuel injected 125 cc engine, the sporty BWs 125 makes a great urban or suburban commuter.
Peppy, 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke engine produces solid, predictable power and excellent fuel economy.
Ultra-convenient, large 29 litre, locking under seat storage compartment can hold selected full-face helmets or other items such as a laptop computer, rain suit, etc.
/// Fuel Economy
Fuel consumption of approximately 37kpl/105mpg. Your actual consumption may vary.
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Handy front mounted storage pocket for small items like cell phone or wallet.
• Front mounted folding hook for additional carrying convenience, perfect for bags & handbags
• Rear fender extension reduces road splash
• Sporty hand guards help protect hands from the cold
• Easy-to-use centre stand
• Passenger footpegs
• Easy access oil level dip stick
• Side reflectors enhance visibility
• Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces peppy, easy to use power with excellent fuel economy.
• Fuel consumption rating of approximately 37 kilometers per litre or 105 miles per gallon (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
• BWs 125 uses regular 87 octane gasoline.
• Fast, dependable electric starting.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
– produces a strong spark for fast starts
– provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
• Fan-assisted, air-cooling.
– maintains consistent engine temperatures even in stop & go traffic
• 4- valve cylinder head.
– utilizes two intake & two exhaust valves
– excellent breathing efficiency & excellent fuel economy
• Roller rocker arm valve actuation.
– specially designed roller rocker arms reduce friction for increased power
– reduce mechanical engine noise for a quiet, enjoyable ride
• Intake & exhaust valves feature a special “carbon cutter” valve stem design.
– automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems
– maintains maximum engine efficiency & power, even during extended slow speed use
– (carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves & poor performance)
• Lightweight, aluminum cylinder features ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore.
– insures uniform heat dissipation
– coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
• Wet sump-type oil delivery system with centrifugal oil filtering system.
– automatically removes any particles found in the oil
• Automatic cam chain tensioner.
– reduces mechanical engine noise & maintenance time
• Lightweight crankshaft & lightweight “gravity cast” aluminum piston.
– optimizes engine performance & provides fast throttle response
– reduces mechanical vibration
• 24 mm, “closed loop” throttle body fuel injection system.
– excellent fuel economy & good throttle response
– 6 hole injector optimizes fuel atomization for strong, peppy power
– “closed loop system” uses an oxygen sensor to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjusts the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
– fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
• Easy access, paper-type air filter is used. Air box design reduces intake noise.
• Fully automatic CVT transmission (CVT = constantly variable transmission).
– “twist-the-throttle-and-go” operation
– no clutch lever or gear shifting involved… the transmission is fully automatic.
• Environmentally responsible exhaust system produces a very quiet exhaust note.
– muffler contains dual honeycomb-style catalytic converters to reduce emissions
• Air induction System (AIS) further reduces exhaust emissions.
– AIS system injects fresh air into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion
– also helps to maximize the function of the catalytic converters
• Rugged “underbone-style” steel frame.
– makes getting on & off the BW’s easy
• Wheelbase, centre of gravity, weight distribution & tire design, have all been engineered to provide light, agile handling & great manoeuvrability.
• 33 mm trailing axle front fork.
– 78mm (3.1″) of wheel travel
– rubber fork gaiters / boots extend service life of fork seals & protect inner tubes from chips
• Adjustable, dual shock rear suspension.
– 80 mm (3.2″) of wheel travel
– good ride quality
– 3 steps of spring preload adjustability allows rider to adjust for load or road conditions
• Rugged, 5-spoke aluminum “mag” wheels with wide, tubeless tires.
– wide, aggressive, tubeless 120/90-10 tires front & rear
– tires well suited for rough, “pot holed” urban roadways
– tires provide lots of grip & help create BW’s unmistakably fun look
• 245 mm front disc brake with wave style disc & twin piston caliper.
– “wave style” rotor adds style & increases cooling (more surface area than a round disc)
– excellent stopping power
• 200 mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper.
– excellent stopping power
• Both front & rear brakes are hand-operated like on a bicycle… making riding simple and fun.
• Spacious, 29 litre, lockable under seat storage.
– can hold selected full-face helmets
– or everyday commuter items like rain suit, laptop, briefcase, etc.
• Roomy, textured, one piece rider & passenger seat.
– provides excellent comfort & plenty of room
– passenger grab rails for peace of mind
• 6.5 litre fuel tank with locking gas cap.
– excellent fuel economy means an extended riding range & fewer fill ups
– easy access, front fairing mounted, locking gas cap
– in tank electric fuel pump
• Multifunction, 3 in 1 main key switch
– operates ignition, fork lock & under seat storage lock
– special anti-theft “shutter” blocks ignition key hole access to prevent tampering
• Comprehensive, compact, sporty meter assembly
– all digital readouts
– readouts include; speedo, odometer, tach, trip meter, clock & fuel gauge
• Dual style, 55 watt H1 main headlight with projector style high beam light.
– excellent illumination & rider visibility
– design enhances BW’s tough yet sporty styling
• Full-size floorboards & wide front apron.
– excellent wind & weather protection
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $3899 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled (fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
52.4 x 57.9mm
10 : 1
1.0 kg-m (7 ft-lb.) @ 6,000 rpm
Mikuni 24mm throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
37kpl / 106.5mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric Start
Fully Automatic CVT
V-belt / Spur gear
Adjustable dual shock unit swingarm
245mm disc / twin piston caliper
200mm disc / single piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
6.5 litres (1.4 Imp. gal.)
117kg (258 lb)
Dark Purplish Metallic Blue
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha BWS 125 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).