Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E Review
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Push button electric start and three-speed automatic transmission make this the perfect bike for learning…
THE FUN STARTS HERE
Electric start and three-speed automatic transmission make this the perfect bike for learning.
Our littlest TT-R boasts big YZ styling, four-stroke power, a three-speed automatic-clutch gearbox – even push-button electric starting. Go ahead, play in the dirt.
Air-cooled, 50cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, reliable novice friendly power that eases the new rider up the learning curve.
/// Electric Start
Convenient, push-button electric starting makes starting a snap and takes one of the hassles out of learning how to ride.
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Serrated folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
• Convenient handlebar mounted paddle-style choke lever
• Rugged YZ-F inspired plastic body components resist damage in the event of a tip-over
• YZ-F inspired styling & graphics gives the TT-R50E that big YZ look
• YZ style handlebar with protective foam pad features a re-enforcing cross bar for extra strength
• Low maintenance sealed battery prevents leaks during a tip-over (battery should be charged during winter storage)
/// Safety Items
• Adjustable throttle stop screw allows adult supervisor to control top speed by restricting how far the throttle can be opened. Adjustment design is fast & easy
• Key operated ignition allows parents to control use
• Exhaust heat shields protect young riders from hot components
• Upper and lower chain guards
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet & eye protection are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R50E.
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
•Air-cooled, 50cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke power plant produces smooth, novice friendly power that eases the new rider up the learning curve.
• Convenient, push-button electric starting makes learning to ride much easier.
• Compact engine cases.
– keeps engine width narrow
– makes it easier for smaller riders to get their feet firmly on the ground
• Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design.
– easy to adjust traditional rocker arm valve actuation
– 150 hour valve adjustment intervals
•Intake & exhaust valves feature special “carbon cutter” valve stem design.
– automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems
– maintains maximum engine efficiency & power
– carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves & poor performance
• Automatic ratchet-type cam chain adjuster.
– reduces maintenance time, tune up costs & reduces mechanical engine noise
• Conventional cast iron cylinder liner.
– allows the cylinder to be over bored- reducing costs
•Lightweight crankshaft design.
• Mikuni VM11 carburetor with electric carb heater (heater does not function above 16C).
– crisp yet easy to use linear throttle response
– excellent fuel economy
– carb heater reduces engine warm-up time & improves cold weather starting
– “Electroless” nickel plating applied to valve seat and nickel silver needle valve to counter act the negative effects of E10 (10% ethanol) fuels.
• Washable foam air filter reduces costs.
• Smooth-shifting, 3-speed transmission with automatic centrifugal clutch.
– auto clutch eases the beginner into the basics of shifting without the complications of a clutch
– optimized transmission ratios match engine output
• CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system.
– maintenance free
– delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance
• Centrifugal oil filtering system.
– automatically removes any particles found in the oil
– never requires cleaning or maintenance
– fast easy oil changes
• Lightweight, upswept exhaust system.
– produces a quiet exhaust note to keep the neighbors happy
– numerous heat shields to protect young riders for hot components
– cleanable screen-type spark arrestor
• Rugged “mini-size” steel back bone type frame provides rugged durability whether being ridden by a child or an adult. The engine mounts to the frame at three points, making the entire chassis more rigid for superior handling.
• Triangulated steel tube swingarm.
• Inverted 22mm Showa front fork offers a class leading 96 mm (3.8″) of wheel travel.
– confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain
– plastic fork leg protectors help prevent stone chips in fork tubes & extend fork seal life
• Monocross single shock rear suspension with 71mm (2.8″) of wheel travel.
– delivers progressive suspension performance to smooth out rough trails
• Low 556 mm (21.9″) seat height.
– allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground for added confidence
– provides a handling-enhancing lower centre of gravity & lightweight feeling
• Long, motocross-style seat is low, comfortable and allows good rider mobility.
• Front and rear 80 mm drum brakes
– strong dependable stopping power
– brake components are the same front & rear
• 2.50×10 front & rear knobby tires
– puncture resistant 4 ply design
– excellent traction in the dirt
• 135mm (5.3″) of ground clearance
– allows the TT-R50E to tackle modest obstacles
• 3 litre plastic resin fuel tank
– plenty of smiles & fun between fill -ups
– on/off/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $1,540 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from November 2015
Engine Type 49cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 36.0mm x 48.6mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® VM11 carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 3-speed; automatic clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Inverted telescopic fork; 3.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 2.8-in travel
Brakes / Front Drum, 80mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 80mm
Tires / Front 2.50-10-4PR
Tires / Rear 2.50-10-4PR
L x W x H 51.4 in x 23.4 in x 31.3 in
Seat Height 21.9 in
Wheelbase 36.4 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.5°
Trail 1.3 in
Ground Clearance 5.3 in
Fuel Capacity 0.8 gal
Fuel Economy n/a
Wet Weight 126 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $1699 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
36 x 48.6mm
0.32 kg-m (2.3 ft-lb) @ 5,500 rpm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Electric
3-speed, semi auto (automatic clutch)
22mm inverted fork / 96mm (3.8″) wheel travel
Monocross / 71mm (2.8″) wheel travel
/// CRITICAL DATA
3 litres (0.66 imp. gallons)
57kg (126 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha TT-R50E – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).