THE ENDURO BIKE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS.
2018 Beta Xtrainer 300 REVIEW BY TOTAL MOTORCYCLE
The Enduro bike for all your needs
Following the great success of the first model, the new Xtrainer 300 is now on the market. Its many new features include a fully updated engine. Engine updates that were introduced in the RR my 2018 2-stroke range have been shared with the Xtrainer to further improve its performance and reduce its weight.
These important technical innovations put the new Xtrainer in a particular niche of the Enduro market, making it the perfect choice for those looking for a 2-stroke bike with slightly softer power delivery while still offering excellent ride-ability and ease of use. In fact, this is a bike for Enduro newcomers and those who want an off-roader that is a less demanding ride, not too heavy and still provides comfort and performance at a reasonable cost. The Xtrainer is also a great option for the Extreme Enduro discipline.
2018 Beta Xtrainer 300 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Its strengths can be summed up as follows:
- Power delivery: soft and linear, making it extremely easy to ride, yet enough to inspire.
- Beta Progressive Power Valve: allowing excellent engine performance throughout the rev range thanks to easy external adjustment via a 5mm hex wrench.
- Seat height: reduced to 910 mm (35.8”) – compared to the 930 mm (36.6”) of the RR range to ensure an even more comfortable ride.
- Low weight: at only 98 kg (216 lbs.) which provides an agile and non-intimidating ride, even for newcomers.
- Automatic oil injection: eliminates the need for a fuel-oil premix.
- Soft tires: to ensure better grip and higher performance on slippery terrain.
All this lets you enjoy excellent performance on an extremely user-friendly bike, instilling confidence and allowing easy control whatever the conditions.
The stable, light perimeter frame, coupled with a 43 mm progressive fork and a dedicated single shock, houses a cutting-edge, tamed-down Beta 300 cc 2-stroke engine.
2018 Beta Xtrainer 300 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The Tuscan manufacturer’s engineers have introduced new upgrades for the Xtrainer including:
- New clutch: a total overhaul has produced a lighter, more compact 6-spring clutch that improves its engagement, precision and stability as operating temperatures change. A new design to the clutch cover is more streamlined and stylish
- New gear shift system: improves the precision of the transmission and eliminates any uncertain mis-shifts
- New cylinder: new two-piece design for closer machining of the power valve increases performance in terms of power and torque throughout the rev range while keeping the power delivery perfectly linear.
- Domed piston and new cylinder head profile: together with the new cylinder, these increase engine performance and improve running at low revs.
- Crankshaft: rotating mass values were revised to match the new features of the engine and the crank pin was reinforced to improve reliability.
- New connecting rod: reinforced lower bearing area to reduce friction and heat while improving reliability.
- New BPV centrifuge: with larger spheres to better adapt to the new primary drive ratio, ensuring better power delivery.
- New combustion chamber: a slight increase in compression ratio has boosted performance.
The chassis design has also been restyled with the introduction of new colors in stunning red along with matching graphics.
Electronic oil injection eliminates the mess of pre-mixing your fuel. System electronically regulates the oil flow depending on throttle position. This system reduces smoke by more than 50%
Xtrainer has special cylinder porting, a larger power valve air chamber, intake spacer, and unique power valve flappers all designed for smooth entry-level power delivery. Power without the “Hit”
All Xtrainers come with a soft enduro tire that provide more grip and better performance over nasty terrain
Low Seat Height
The Xtrainer is 10% smaller in frame size compared to the larger RR models which makes the bike more nimble and lowers the seat height by almost one full inch compared to the RR models.
2018 Beta Xtrainer 300 – Totalmotorcycle.com North America Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $7499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and
electric start with a back up kick starter sold as an option
Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
Exhaust Valve: Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)
Ignition: AC-CDI Kokusan.
Spark Plug: NGK GR7CI8
Lubrication: Electronic Oil Injection
Oil Tank Capacity: 650cc
Carburetor: Keihin PWK 36mm
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Frame: Molybdenum steel/Parameter-Style w/quick air filter access
Seat Height: 35.8”
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 15.4
Dry Weight: 216 lbs. (wet weight, no fuel)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.25 US gallons
Front Suspension: 43 mm Inverted with rebound, & spring preload adjustment
Rear Suspension: Steel body shock with adjustable rebound and compression
Front Wheel Travel: 10.6”
Rear Wheel Travel: 10.6”
Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Soft Enduro Competition
Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty
2018 Beta Xtrainer 300 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
perimetric frame in molybdenum steel with double cradle split above the exhaust port
99 kg (front 48 kg; rear 51 kg)
Fuel tank capacity
Oil tank capacity
Cooling system capacity
Hydraulic USD fork with ø 43 mm shaft
Monoshock with progressive compound lever
Shock absorber stroke
Front wheel travel
Rear wheel travel
Wave disc ø260 mm and double-piston floating caliper
Wave disc ø240 mm and single-piston floating caliper
21 x 1,6 – 36 holes
18 x 1,85 – 36 holes
80/100 – 21
Single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled
AC Kokusan – digital CDI with oil pump controller
Mixing with electronic pump
Keihin PWK 36
wet multi-disc clutch
Consumption l/100 km
Pollution Co2 [g/km]
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).