Power, Technology and Comfort Set New Standard for Luxury Touring Motorcycles
The all-new Star Venture touring motorcycle model combining a new level of power, technology and comfort features that will redefine the luxury touring motorcycle market.
Powered by an air-cooled 113 cubic inch (1854cc) V-twin fuel-injected engine, the Star Venture incorporates never-before-seen features on a touring model like forward-reverse ‘Sure Park’ parking assist, dual-zone audio capability, “Drive Mode” settings that adjust throttle response, traction control, adjustable rider backrest, heated grips as well as rider/passenger seats and backrests, a fully featured infotainment system and more. These features set the all-new Star Venture apart, while Yamaha’s renowned quality, performance and reliability plant it firmly on top of the luxury touring segment.
“The all-new Star Venture is one of the most highly anticipated and important new motorcycles to come from Yamaha in years, and everyone here is extremely excited to introduce this impactful new model to the world of touring enthusiasts,” said Mike Doughty, General Manager of Yamaha’s Motorcycle Group. “As the ‘Journey Further’ tagline indicates, the Star Venture will make you want to travel farther and experience more while enjoying the comfort, performance, and technology features you expect from Yamaha.”
2018 Yamaha Star Venture Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- High Torque Engine with Cutting-Edge Rider Aids
Featuring a torque-rich 1854cc air-cooled V-twin, Star Venture® produces smooth, effortless passing power even when fully loaded. And with ride-by-wire throttle control, traction control and selectable riding modes, Star Venture brings class-leading technology to the luxury touring class.
- New Yamaha Sure-Park System
With Star Venture’s Sure-Park™ System, parking maneuvers are a breeze, even fully loaded. Controlled from the handlebar, an electric motor provides forward and reverse drive to assist during tricky parking situations, especially on rough or poor traction surfaces.
- Integrated Infotainment System
With a high-output audio system and a large, high-mounted touch and voice controlled infotainment system, the Star Venture puts the rider in command. Music, navigation, communications and vehicle systems are integrated cleanly into a single system that sets new standards for two-wheeled technology.
- Adjustable Ergonomics and Aerodynamics
Star Venture adapts to rider and passenger needs straight from the dealership floor, with adjustable ergonomics, wind protection and controls. Grip warmers and heated seats for both rider and passenger come standard, with a low seat height for confidence at every stop.
- Advanced Chassis
Designed around a rigid chassis and advanced suspension systems, the Star Venture is built to offer Yamaha’s renowned handling ability when the road turns twisty, without losing the comfort or straight-line confidence expected from a luxury tourer.
- Transcontinental Option Package
Riders that step up to the Star Venture Transcontinental Option Package benefit from a range of options, with enhanced infotainment features including GPS navigation, SiriusXM®, additional speakers and Yamaha’s exclusive Dual Zone audio control. Standard LED fog lights, additional onboard storage and an alarmed security system round out the package.
The Star Venture boasts a massive and torque-rich 113 cubic inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin engine with a class-leading 126 pound-feet of torque providing smooth and responsive power delivery even when fully loaded. The huge torque and relaxing V-twin pulse are complemented by lightweight forged alloy pistons, carefully-tuned twin counterbalancers and advanced composite engine mounts, which combine to deliver a smooth and comfortable ride on long days in the saddle while reducing fatigue. The engine’s semi-dry-sump design lowers the effective center of gravity by allowing the engine to sit lower in the frame. An external oil tank is integrated into the aluminum subframe to centralize mass and reduce weight, and a compact oil cooler is hidden between the front frame down tubes to help maintain ideal engine temperatures.
Developed specifically for the needs of long-distance touring, the Star Venture’s new six-speed transmission features ratios chosen to make the most of the huge low-end torque – from brisk acceleration in lower gears to relaxed highway cruising. At 75 MPH in sixth gear, the Star Venture cruises along at an ultra-smooth 2750 RPM.
The most technologically advanced luxury touring model in history, the Star Venture features a new Yamaha Sure-Park System that provides forward and reverse drive modes simplifying otherwise potentially tricky parking situations, even on rough or poor traction surfaces.
Yamaha’s Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®), a ride-by-wire throttle control system, converts the rider’s grip input into calculated throttle control providing precise and refined responsiveness. Yamaha D-Mode allows the rider to choose from two different throttle response settings – an ultra-smooth touring mode, and a sport mode for sharper response, while the traction control system helps prevent wheel spin when dealing with reduced traction road conditions. Yamaha is the first manufacturer to offer this type of system in the full-dress touring class. A finely-tuned cruise control system also comes standard on the Star Venture providing for less fatigue and improved fuel economy.
The Star Venture’s exhaust system features a twin-muffler design with a throaty V-twin exhaust note. To achieve optimum sound quality, Yamaha carefully developed the exhaust tone throughout the entire RPM range in collaboration with the audiophiles at Yamaha Music.
Paired alternators – mounted low and forward in the engine cases – provide ample electrical power for the heated seats and grips, audio system and lighting. With 750 watts of total output, riders can add common electrical accessories and usual heated apparel without taxing the motorcycle’s charging system.
The all-new 2018 Yamaha Star Venture features a state-of-the-art infotainment system mounted high in the cockpit for maximum visibility. A 7-inch full-color LCD screen displays an array of information. Controlled via touchscreen, handlebar controls or voice commands via accessory headset and mic, the infotainment package gives the rider access to vehicle control and data, a range of audio sources and wireless Bluetooth® communications options. The locking fairing storage includes a USB charging and interface port. By integrating vehicle systems into the infotainment console, running data such as trip computer functions and tire pressure can be easily confirmed on-screen, while elements such as the heated seats can be controlled by the rider.
Boasting paired high-performance speakers, the Star Venture audio package features AM/FM radio and can also play pre-recorded music or stream Pandora® from a smart phone via the onboard USB, AUX stereo or Bluetooth® wireless connection options.
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
The Star Venture is built around an advanced hybrid chassis designed for light, agile handling with confidence-inspiring stability. The main steel frame provides optimal rigidity, while the rear aluminum die-cast subframe reduces weight and centralizes mass creating balanced straight-line stability with agile handling on curvy roads.
A 46mm telescopic fork features damping and spring rates selected to offer an ideal balance of bump absorption and high speed handling, all without losing a light and responsive road feel. The rear suspension system features a linkage-type, gas-pressurized, remote reservoir shock to create a compact design for optimized handling. As with the front fork, damping and spring rates were carefully considered to give the Star Venture an ideal balance of comfort and road feel, with convenient rear shock tuning thanks to a remote preload adjuster.
Unbeatable braking confidence is achieved through high-performance, triple-disc brakes featuring advanced electronic control. Yamaha’s Unified Braking System dynamically adjusts front and rear brake force balance in real time to ensure linear braking feel and power, and Yamaha’s refined antilock braking system (ABS) prevents wheel lock-ups when dealing with reduced traction road conditions.
Lightweight front and rear aluminum alloy wheels are finished with machined detailing that highlights the combination of lightness and strength. Up front, the 18-inch wheel features a 130/70 radial tire for light and neutral steering feel, while the rear 16-inch rim mounts a large 200/55 radial for stunning style and road grip.
Both rider and passenger can customize their comfort and ride position. Five-position hand levers and a 3 position back rest with adjustable heat control on both the seat and backrest cater to the rider, while height-adjustable passenger floorboards and a heated seat and backrest keep the passenger comfortable.
Air management is crucial for any long distance touring motorcycle. Providing more air flow in hot conditions and reducing air flow in cold weather was a key element in the development of the Star Venture. A stylish full-coverage fairing provides ample wind protection, and the electronically adjustable windscreen offers more than 3.5 inches of vertical positioning. External visors at the middle of the fairing can be adjusted to direct air towards or away from riders depending on conditions. And ducted vents inside the lower fairing can be opened or closed to further customize airflow for changing conditions. An array of heated contact points, including grips, rider seat, rider backrest, passenger seat and passenger backrest all come standard.
The Star Venture also includes a class-leading 6.6-gallon fuel tank and all-LED lighting. The side cases, top case and upper and lower faring storage compartments provide a combined total of 37.3 gallons of storage volume. The USB outlet-equipped fairing storage compartment, side cases and top case all feature electric locking lids straight from the factory. Yamaha’s Smart Key system with remote key fob allows for easy access to the luggage system and fuel tank cap, offers an “answer-back” function for locating the motorcycle in a crowded parking area and provides for simplified starting.
TRANSCONTINENTAL OPTION PACKAGE
A range of infotainment upgrades are available with the Star Venture Transcontinental Option Package, including GPS navigation with points-of-interest and route logging to help simplify the planning, sharing and uploading of ride routes from a home computer. A CB radio system can link riders to other road users, while SiriusXM® and SiriusXM Travel Link® provides satellite music, weather and traffic information. With an extra pair of high-output passenger speakers and Yamaha’s exclusive Dual Zone audio control – allowing rider and passenger to select different audio sources, hold private phones calls and more with an accessory headset and mic – the Transcontinental Option Package offers one of the most advanced infotainment systems ever featured on a motorcycle.
Along with the infotainment upgrades, the package includes supplemental LED fog lamps, an additional pair of storage compartments for the passenger and an alarmed security system.
The all-new Star Venture will be available in Granite Gray and Raspberry Metallic at Yamaha dealers beginning in August 2017 with a MSRP of $24,999 for base models, and $26,999 for models equipped with the Transcontinental Option Package. Authorized Yamaha dealers will begin taking orders through a Priority Delivery Program immediately following the model introduction on June 5th, 2017.
2018 Yamaha Star Venture Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- High-performance, 1,854cc (113 cubic inch) air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 -valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin.
- engine produces massive torque & strong acceleration from very low rpms
- max torque @ 2,500 rpm & max power @ 4,500 rpm
- Electric starting.
- auto decompressor system for fast, sure starts
- OHV, 4-valve “pent roof” cylinder heads with 9.5:1 compression ratio.
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
- two spark plugs per cylinder means faster, more complete combustion for maximum power
- special oil passage near exhaust valve seats improves cooling & durability
- Twin, crankcase-mounted, cams with hydraulic valve lifters & traditional push rod valve actuation.
- cam profiles & timing provide strong torque & acceleration across the entire rpm range
- hydraulic valve lifters reduce mechanical engine noise & maintenance
- design ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of cam chain case
- reduces engine height for a lower centre of gravity for light, easy handling
- “Dual chamber” crankcase design.
- front section for the crank assembly; rear section for the transmission
- dual 3-rotor high capacity oil pumps optimizes oil flow in the two main sections of the engine
- Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character & sound
- optimized flywheel mass allows the rider to feel the directness of the engine’s power
- Crankshaft damper assembly.
- absorbs fluctuations in drive torque, optimizing the V-twin pulse feeling
- helps provide a smooth, pleasant feeling when riding at slower speeds in a higher gear
- Engine balancer.
- reduces engine vibration for a smooth, comfortable ride
- Lightweight, forged aluminum pistons with alumite coating.
- less reciprocating mass (light weight design) means faster engine response & reduced mechanical vibration
- alumite coating reduces friction
- special ring & ring land design for excellent durability
- special oil jet nozzles spray oil at underside of pistons to reduce piston & rod temperatures
- 100 mm “ceramic composite-plated” cylinder bores.
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Cylinder cooling fin thickness & depth is optimized.
- excellent heat dissipation (eliminates the need & complexity of liquid cooling)
- classic air-cooled V-twin engine appearance
- each cooling fin is specially machined to create a styling highlight
- Dry sump oil lubrication system.
- oil tank is integrated into left side of rear sub frame to reduce weight
- dry sump system reduces engine height (no deep oil pan), which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling & a light, agile feel
- easy access, spin-on type oil filter for faster oil changes
- Air-cooled, oil cooler.
- maintains stable oil temperatures for optimum lubrication & extended engine life
- “Closed loop,” single body, Mikuni throttle body fuel injection.
- system uses a single throttle body with a throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow
- 12-hole injector maximizes fuel atomization & features a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
- “closed loop system” uses dual oxygen sensors to “sniff” spent exhaust gases & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- oxygen sensors are located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket “slip-on” mufflers will not affect the system
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent throttle response & fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Large capacity air box.
- air box intake duct is located inside the right side middle fairing for a good flow of fresh, cool air
- high capacity, viscous type paper air filter
- Cable-less Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T) system (a.k.a. APSG or Accelerator Position Sensor with Grip).
- YCC-T electronically controls throttle valves for outstanding throttle response, controllability & a smoother torque curve
- YCC-T features D.C. motor driven throttle valve for precise control of intake air volume
- this generation YCC-T system is a cable-less design (no throttle cables, pulleys etc.)
- ECU that controls YCC-T is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second
- Yamaha D-Mode variable throttle control (2 modes available).
- enables the rider to adjust the performance characteristics of the engine based on riding preferences or riding conditions
- S-Mode allows the rider to enjoy full engine performance & power
- T-Mode slows throttle response for situations that require softer power characteristics, such as slippery or wet conditions.
- “T-Mode” is also well suited for more relaxed touring & reduces fuel consumption
- Yamaha Traction control system.
- utilizes front & rear wheel sensors (same sensors as ABS system)
- system senses when the rear wheel begins to spin & modifies the YCC-T function, ignition timing & fuel injection to reduce power & eliminate wheel spin
- traction control helps maintain traction when accelerating on slippery surfaces
- system is automatically engaged when the ignition is on… can be turned off if desired
- Electronic cruise control system.
- “settable range” is from 50 to 160 km/hr. & transmission must be in 3rd gear or higher
- cruise control can be cancelled by activating front or rear brakes, pulling in the clutch, completely closing the throttle grip or using the system setting buttons (left hand handlebar switch gear)
- Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission.
- optimized ratios take advantage of the engine’s massive torque for strong acceleration & less shifting
- low 1st gear makes pulling away from a stop easy, while 5th & 6th gears are overdrive gears for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
- engine spins at approximately 2,750 rpm in 6th gear at 120 km/hr.
- Heavy duty, hydraulic “assist & slipper” clutch.
- assist function reduces clutch lever pull by 20%
- back torque limiter a.k.a “slipper clutch” reduces the effects of engine braking when downshifting or decelerating
- low maintenance, self-adjusting hydraulic master cylinder provides smooth clutch lever operation
- Low maintenance, belt drive final drive.
- cleaner & quieter than chain drive with no messy chain splatter
- more efficient than shaft drive due to minimal power losses
- significantly reduces maintenance vs chain or shaft… no regular adjustments or lubrication required
- belt is embedded with carbon fiber cords for incredible strength & durability
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU).
- ensures precisely metered fuel delivery
- optimal ignition spark control using 3D mapping for each cylinder
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- High-performance, 2-into-2 exhaust system provides a crisp, powerful exhaust note.
- large diameter header pipes & dual mufflers provide optimum flow & help to boost torque & power
- oxygen sensors are located in the header pipes ahead of the mufflers
- dual 3-way honeycomb catalyzers reduce exhaust emissions
- distinct & different exhaust notes at low & high rpms (exhaust note changes as rpms increase)
- heat shields on header pipes protect rider & passenger from hot components
- Air injection system.
- injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt or partially burnt fuel
- reduces exhaust emissions
- Special “air cut valve” reduces backfiring when decelerating or coasting off throttle.
- “Sure-Park” parking support system for easier, precise maneuverability when parking.
- system utilizes a dedicated electric motor that allows the bike to move forward or backward at approx. 1 km/hr.
- unit must be idling (running) in neutral
- Sure-Park engagement lever (just below left side of seat) & forward — reverse buttons (left handlebar switch gear) control the Sure-Park system
- Dual alternating current magnetos (ACM).
- produce up to 750 watts of power
- High-rigidity, double cradle, frame with detachable sub frame.
- design balances strength, rigidity & tuned flex for excellent handling & stability
- 4-point rubber engine mounting system reduces vibration
- detachable, steel rear sub frame features an integrated dry sump oil tank
- Heavy duty steel swing arm.
- optimized rigidity balance for excellent stability, handling & rear wheel traction
- Low centre of gravity & low seat height for easy maneuverability.
- engineers have focused on lowering the centre of gravity to give the unit a light handling feel
- low seat height 695 mm (27.4″) combines with the low centre of gravity to make the Venture surprisingly easy to pick the unit up off the sidestand & to move the unit when not using Sure-Park
- Key chassis geometry: 31 degree caster angle, 145 mm (5.7″) of trail, 1710 mm (67.3″) wheelbase.
- Conventional 46 mm KYB front fork provides 130mm (5.1″) of wheel travel.
- exceptionally stable handling & great ride comfort
- chip protectors help prevent stone chips in the tubes for extended fork seal life
- Adjustable link-type, single shock rear suspension with 110 mm (4.3″) of rear wheel travel.
- single shock suspension not only reduces weight, but delivers outstanding ride comfort
- KYB shock is horizontally positioned under the engine lowering the centre of gravity & centralizing mass for agile handling with a light feel
- remote hydraulic spring preload adjuster (located under the quick remove right side cover)
- Dual 298 mm front discs squeezed by 4-piston monoblock calipers, ABS & UBS equipped.
- excellent braking performance with good feedback to the rider
- 320 mm rear disc brake with twin piston slide-type caliper, ABS & UBS equipped.
- caliper is mounted on the underside of the swingarm to reduce torque action for superior suspension performance
- Front & rear brakes feature Yamaha’s latest anti-lock brake (ABS) & variable unified brake (UBS) technology.
- ABS braking offers excellent control under hard braking or braking on wet or slippery surfaces
- controlling ECU & hydraulic unit are combined into a single compact unit allowing for mass centralization & reduced weight
- when ABS system senses impending wheel lock-up (via active type wheel sensors) it regulates the hydraulic brake pressure to the point just before the wheel(s) lock-up
- UBS system “unifies or links” the front & rear brakes when brakes are applied. System automatically adjusts the amount of unified braking force.
- front brake application will engage the UBS & apply varying degrees of rear brake force depending on how hard the brake has been applied
- rear brake application will engage the UBS & apply varying degrees of front brake force depending on how hard the brake has been applied
- unified brakes may reduce stopping distance by accurately balancing front & rear brake pressures
- Stylish frame-mounted full coverage fairing with adjustable windshield, wind deflectors & LED headlights.
- offers dynamic styling as well as excellent wind & weather protection
- electrically adjustable windshield, vertical adjustment range is 90 mm (3.5″); horizontal range (angle of windscreen) is 12.5 mm (0.5″)
- manually adjustable mid & lower fairing wind deflectors allow the rider to direct more or less air into the cockpit area
- Quad LED main headlights. On low beam, the inner 2 — LEDs act as headlights while the outer 2 — LEDs function as position lights; on high beam all 4 – LEDS function as headlights
- dual storage compartments in upper fairing plus mid fairing storage compartment
- adjustable mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- fairing mounted 12 volt DC outlet produces 5 amps / 60 watts of power
- mid fairing air ducts provide fresh intake air for the engine & cools various electrical components
- Over 144 litres of storage capacity.
- left saddlebag capacity is 32.1 litres, right saddlebag capacity is 35.2 litres & tour truck capacity is 70.1 litres. All are equipped with electronic Smart Key locks.
- upper fairing features left & right “small item” storage compartments (0.75 litres each). Right side storage compartment is operated by the Smart Key system & houses a USB port & AUX terminal.
- mid fairing storage compartment (2.45 L)
- tour trunk features left (1.6 litres) & right (1.5 litres) small item storage compartments plus a high mount LED taillight / brake light
- LED turn signals integrated into the saddlebags
- Feature packed 7″ LCD infotainment system (800 x 480 pixels) to further enhance the fun & enjoyment of the journey.
- intuitive design makes for easy operation
- functions include; audio, navigation (GPS), communication (phone, VOX, intercom, CB radio & SMS text messaging, Bluetooth), vehicle status info & various equipment controls (heated grips & heated seats, etc.)
- Infotainment system can be operated by handlebar switch gear buttons, touchscreen or voice commands (voice commands for menu screens only)
- three main “home” screens; audio, navigation & “information” including vehicle info & adjustments
- dual zone audio features: twin 14 cm front speakers (fairing mounted) & twin 13 cm rear speakers (tour trunk mounted), connected to a 26 watt amp.
- audio functions include 8 possible audio sources including AM/FM radio & Sirius (subscription required). SVC (Speed Volume Control) automatically adjusts volume to match road speed. Rider & passenger can select separate audio sources when using the accessory headsets.
- navigation system (GPS) can be controlled by either the 5-way “D-pad” on the left handlebar switch gear or the touch screen
- SMS text will be relayed via text to speech when riding or on screen when the unit is stopped
- 5-spoke, machine cut, cast aluminum mag wheels.
- front rim is MT3.50×18 fitted with a 130/70R18 tubeless, radial tire
- rear rim is MT6.00×16 fitted with a 200/55R16 tubeless, radial tire
- front & rear wheel tire pressure sensors monitor tire pressures
- tubeless tire design allows for emergency road side repairs (installation of a “plug”)
- Super comfortable, heated rider & passenger seats with 10 levels of heat settings.
- narrow seat — fuel tank junction makes it easier for the rider to touch the ground
- rider & passenger seats plus rider back support & passenger backrest are heated (10 levels)
- rider back support has 30 mm (1.2″) of fore-aft adjustment
- Folding rider & passenger floorboards.
- roomy design with floating rubber inserts for reduced vibration
- folding design (rider & pass.) with special replaceable scrapers on lower edge of rider floorboards
- passenger floorboards can be adjusted up & down, range is 25 mm (1″)
- 1″ handlebars, heated grips & adjustable levers.
- heated grips offer 10 levels of heat… 3 levels can be “pre-set”
- adjustable front brake & clutch levers
- 25 litre flangeless fuel tank with small under seat sub tank for the electric fuel pump.
- total capacity is 25 litres; reserve portion of the tank is 3.6L (low fuel light illuminates)
- no visible welds or seams for that clean, custom look
- riding range before unit goes to reserve (low fuel light) is approx. 325 kms or 200 miles
- Classic fairing mounted instrument panel.
- comprehensive instrumentation includes fairing mounted analogue speedo & tach
- digital LCD functions within speedo include: odometer, dual trip meters, gear position, average fuel economy & distance to empty
- digital LCD functions within tachometer include: fuel level indicator & low fuel warning
- Smart Key System.
- when unit senses the Smart Key is close by, the following functions can be performed without inserting the key; turning power on & off, opening fuel cap, unlocking or locking all luggage cases
- steering lock is controlled s are electrically operated by Smart Key System
- Smart Key security feature help prevent ride-away thefts
- self-canceling turn signals (15 seconds or 150 meters)
- 4-way emergency flasher
- LED tail light / brake light
- easy grip passenger grab rails
- Low maintenance sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2018 Yamaha Star Venture – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $26,999 Granite Gray – Transcontinental Option Package
$26,999 – Raspberry Metallic – Transcontinental Option Package
$24,999 – Granite Gray,
$24,999 – Raspberry Metallic USD
Bore x Stroke 100.0mm x 118.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection with YCC-T and D-Mode
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Suspension / Front 46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock with remote preload adjustment; 4.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; Unified Brake
System and ABS
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 320mm; Unified Brake System and ABS
Tires / Front 130/70R18 Bridgestone® Exedra
Tires / Rear 200/55R16 Bridgestone® Exedra
L x W x H 106.3 in x 39.9 in x 55.5 – 59.1 in
Seat Height 27.4 in
Wheelbase 67.6 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 31.0°
Trail 5.7 in
Fuel Capacity 6.6 gal
Fuel Economy 34.0 mpg
Wet Weight*** Star Venture / Star Venture Transcontinental 957
lb / 963 lb
Warranty 5 Year Warranty Coverage* — *1 year limited
factory warranty + 4 years Yamaha Extended
Service = 5 years coverage.
Color Granite Gray – Transcontinental Option Package;
Raspberry Metallic – Transcontinental Option
Package; Granite Gray; Raspberry Metallic
2018 Yamaha Star Venture – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $31,999 CDN
Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 48º, V-twin with EFI
1,854 cc (113 cubic inch)
Bore and Stroke
100 x 118 mm
17.4 kg-m (126 ft-lbs.) @ 2,500 rpm
YCC-T, D-Mode, Traction Control, Cruise Control
Mikuni throttle body FI
Ignition / Starting
TCI / Electric
46 mm fork / 130 mm (5.1″) wheel travel
Adjustable link Monocross / 110 mm (4.3″) wheel travel
Dual 298 mm discs / 4 piston calipers / ABS & UBS equipped
320 mm disc / single piston caliper / ABS & UBS equipped
2,700 mm (106.3″)
1,015 mm (40″)
1,410 mm (55.5″) ~ 1,500 mm (59.1″)
1,710 mm (67.3″)
125 mm (4.9″)
695 mm (27.4″)
25 litres (5.5 Imp. gallons)
5 years total (1 year factory + 4 years Yamaha Protection Plus)
437 kg (963 lb)
Dark Metallic Gray
2018 Yamaha Star Venture – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).