Versatility, comfort and extra-low seat with big fat tires for an ultra-smooth ride.
ULTRA‑LOW SEAT, ULTRA‑DUAL SPORT.
Versatility, comfort and extra‑low seat with big fat tires for an ultra‑smooth ride.
A low seat, extra wide tires, and, most importantly, a proven 4-stoke engine, have cemented the TW200’s reputation as a unique, fun loving dual purpose ride. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran; a camper or a city dweller, this bike guarantees good times.
Proven, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
Internal engine counter balancer provides smooth performance while the wide tires provide plenty of grip and a unique style. The long, wide seat design means lots of comfort whether exploring, commuting or just out having fun.
2018 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Terrain-Conquering Tires
Those big fat tires deliver great traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and they make the TW200 the most distinctive-looking, dual-purpose machine around.
- Low Seat Height
A low seat and compact chassis help inspire confidence in anybody who rides the TW200, making it one of the most user friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
- Electric Start
Electric start and full street equipment mean it’s super convenient to ride the TW200 just about wherever you need to go.
2018 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Super reliable, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy no hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- 34 mm intake & 28.5 mm exhaust valves
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Aluminum cylinder features a cast iron liner.
- cylinder can be “bored out” in the event of a problem (2 sizes available)
- Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- 28mm Teikei carburetor
- carb mounted choke knob
- provides crisp throttle response
- excellent fuel economy
- Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
- Easy access element-type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes.
- Smooth shifting 5-speed transmission with manual clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on & off road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- Upswept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet & environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Rugged, aluminum engine skid plate
- Compact, diamond-type, high-tensile steel frame.
- Rugged, steel box section swingarm.
- grease fittings at the swingarm pivot points for easy maintenance & extended service life
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 33mm front fork with 160mm (6.3″) of wheel travel
- soaks up the bumps for a comfortable ride
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) keep dirt and grit out of fork seals for extended life
- Single shock Monocross link rear suspension with 150mm (5.9″) of wheel travel.
- 220mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper
- ensures serious stopping power
- Rear drum brake
- solid stopping power
- easy-to-use, wing nut style adjuster
- Wide, 130/80-18 front tire & unique 180/80-14 rear tire.
- deliver extra traction & great rider comfort over a wide range of terrain
- rear tire helps make TW200 the most distinct-looking dual purpose machine in the industry
- Low, 790mm (31.1″) seat height
- allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- 7 litre steel fuel tank
- on/off/reserve fuel petcock provides peace of mind
- 1.7 litre reserve
- Lightweight aluminum alloy front & rear rims
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Powerful, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
- Mini, enduro style fairing
- helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- adds a styling highlight too.
- Compact meter / instrument assembly
- functions include: speedometer, odometer & resettable trip meter
- indicator lights for neutral, high beam & turn signals
- Flexible turn signals resist damage
- Oil level sight glass
- Locking helmet holder
- Locking steering & gas cap
- Handy rear cargo platform
- Bungee cord hook points (4), below the cargo platform
- Serrated, folding, steel foot pegs
- Passenger pegs & passenger grab strap
- Rubber “boots” on brake & clutch levers help reduce mud & dirt damage/wear
2018 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,599 – Sandy Beige USD
Bore x Stroke 67.0mm x 55.7mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 28mm
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 5.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 110mm
Tires / Front 130/80-18
Tires / Rear 180/80-14
L x W x H 82.3 in x 32.3 in x 44.1 in
Seat Height 31.1 in
Wheelbase 52.2 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.8°
Trail 3.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 278 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Sandy Beige
2018 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $5,149 CDN
Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
Bore and Stroke
67 x 55.7mm
1.4kg-m (10.1ft-lb)@ 7,000 rpm
Estimated Fuel Consumption±
33kpl / 93.2mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting
CDI / Electric Start
33mm fork / 160mm (6.3″) wheel travel
Monocross / 150mm (5.9″) wheel travel
220mm disc / twin piston caliper
7 litres (1.5 imp. gallons)
126kg (278 lb)
2018 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).