HOW CHAMPIONS GET THEIR START.
Light, nimble and packed with race‑winning DNA.
The YZ85 is ready to race right out of the crate with features like a super potent 85cc, crankcase reed-valve 2-stroke power plant, a rigid single backbone frame and adjustable suspension. Join the “bLU cRU” and get ready to fill your trophy case.
Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame is lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp moto-wining handling.
2018 Yamaha YZ85 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Potent, easy to service, crankcase reed inducted, 2-stroke power plant
- Smooth shifting, 6-speed close ratio transmission
- Compact, semi-double cradle, single back bone, steel frame
- Race-ready, fully adjustable suspension.
- Front & rear disc brakes
- Aggressive, modern styling
- Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability
- Serrated rear brake pedal & folding shift lever tip
- Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs offer good grip
- Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life & smooth operation
- Rubber boots on clutch & brake levers to reduce dirt, mud & water entry for durability
- Convenient lifting holes in side cover
- Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing & also protects rear sprocket.
- YZ85 large wheel kit (19″/17″) is available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories.
- E10 friendly fuel system components
- Modern Styling
Aggressive, modern styling includes the front fender, number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates.
- Adjustable Controls
Clutch lever reach adjuster to accommodate smaller hands for younger riders.
- Compact Two-Stroke Powerplant
Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
- Close-Ratio Transmission
Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy duty multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Strong, Compact Frame
Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Race-Ready Suspension
Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
2018 Yamaha YZ85 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
- Crankcase reed valve induction & 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor.
- crisp, seamless throttle response across the powerband
- Lightweight, forged piston.
- less reciprocating mass & less friction for a faster revving engine
- excellent durability
- CD ignition system.
- provides a hot, precise spark for fast sure starts
- provides optimal timing for quicker, stronger response at all rpms
- Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission.
- involute design increases the surface area contact between the gears
- special involute splines on main and drive shafts provide maximum engagement / hook-up for each gear for smoother, more positive shifts
- gear ratios are well matched to engine output
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- smooth positive shifting
- Quick remove, clutch sub-cover.
- fast, easy clutch access
- Lightweight radiator with high capacity cores & special louvers to direct the air through the rad.
- maximum cooling efficiency
- Large capacity airbox with washable, dual-stage, foam filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
reduced tune-up expenses… foam filter can be washed & re-used
- Lightweight exhaust system.
- specially designed expansion chamber for a broad powerband with strong low-end punch
- aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance & reduced noise levels
- Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame.
- blend of light weight & good strength
- minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
- Detachable rear subframe.
- allows easy access for suspension maintenance
- reduces costs in the event of a loop-out (subframe can be purchased separately)
- Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm.
- provides excellent for excellent rear wheel control &traction
- Adjustable 36mm inverted Kayaba fork provides 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel.
- adjusts for compression & rebound damping. Adjustments include: 20 clicks of compression damping & 20 clicks of rebound damping
- adjustable design allows rider (tuner) to tailor settings to match rider weight, rider style & track conditions
- YZ125 / 250 based “big bike” valving & low-friction fork seals
- smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance & handling
- optional fork springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
- Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension provides 282mm (11.1″) of wheel travel.
- Kayaba piggyback shock reduces shock temperatures during a long moto for fade resistant damping & consistent performance.
- adjustments include “threaded” spring preload, 15 clicks of compression & 20 clicks of rebound damping
- optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
- 220mm front stainless steel disc with twin piston caliper
- delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
- “Shorty style” adjustable front brake lever.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes
- Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes.
- 190mm stainless steel rear disc brake squeezed by a single piston caliper.
- Excellent stopping power
- caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector
- Lightweight, 17″ front & 14″ rear DID rims
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Modern, aggressive, slim line bodywork.
- slim body design for excellent freedom of movement & rider mobility
- seat features a pebble finish seat cover for grip
2018 Yamaha YZ85 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,299 USD
Bore x Stroke 47.5mm x 47.8mm
Compression Ratio 8.1:1
Fuel Delivery Keihin® PWK 28
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
Tires / Front 70/100-17 Dunlop
Tires / Rear 90/100-14 Dunlop
L x W x H 71.7 in x 29.9 in x 44.3 in
Seat Height 33.1 in
Wheelbase 49.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.2°
Trail 3.5 in
Fuel Capacity 1.3 gal
Wet Weight*** 157 lb
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
2018 Yamaha YZ85 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $5,349 CDN
2-stroke, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve, single
Bore and Stroke
47.5 x 47.8 mm
Ignition / Starting
CDI / Kick
Adjustable 36 mm inverted fork / 275 mm (10.8″) wheel travel
Fully adjustable link Monocross / 282 mm (11.1″) wheel travel
220 mm disc / twin piston caliper
190 mm disc / single piston caliper
1,820 mm (71.7″)
760 mm (29.9″)
1,125 mm (44.3″)
1,255 mm (49.4″)
330 mm (13″)
840 mm (33.1″)
5 litres (1.1 imp. gallons)
71 kg (157 lb)
Yamaha Racing Blue
2018 Yamaha YZ85 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).