COMFORT AND HANDLING IN ONE.
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS:
The Versys® 650 combines long-travel suspension, sporty 17-inch wheels, a slim upright riding position and power focused on the low-mid range to produce a highly versatile motorcycle that excels in a wide variety of street-riding situations, and especially on twisty roads.
▪Equipped with a gear position indicator
▪GPS mount accessory available
The Versys® 650 ABS and Versys® 650 LT adventure motorcycles are capable machines designed for fun and comfortable riding. Known for Kawasaki’s torquey 650cc parallel twin engine and lightweight chassis, the Versys 650 ABS has smooth handling and responsive feedback. It’s a capable motorcycle that sits nicely in the middleweight category, meeting a variety of riders’ needs. The Versys 650 LT models come standard with hand guards and saddlebags. The Versys 650 ABS and Versys 650 LT are both returning for 2019 with new color offerings in Metallic Moondust Gray/Metallic Flat Spark Black with an MSRP of 8,299 and the Versys 650 LT priced at $9,199 USD.
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
ITS COMBINATION OF LONG-TRAVEL SUSPENSION, SPORTY 17” WHEELS, A SLIM UPRIGHT RIDING POSITION AND A COMPACT PARALLEL-TWIN ENGINE RESULTS IN A HIGHLY VERSATILE PACKAGE, OFFERING RIDERS MAXIMUM RIDING EXCITEMENT.
•Compact 649cc parallel-twin engine combines maximum low- and mid-range torque and high-rpm performance for an exhilarating ride
•Slim, upright riding position offers a high level of comfort and nimble handling
•Windscreen with 2 inches of tool-free adjustment adds comfort for highway cruising
•Equipped with a gear position indicator
•GPS mount accessory available
• POWERFUL FUEL-EFFICIENT TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE TUNED FOR STRONG LOW TO MID-RANGE POWER
• STANDARD ABS
• LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
• 17-INCH CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
• 3-WAY ADJUSTABLE WINDSCREEN
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Compact 649cc Twin-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
• Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
• Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
• Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power from 3-6,000 rpm for greater acceleration from a stop.
• Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome
composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width
• One-piece muffler and exhaust pipe helps boost top-end engine performance.
• Muffler with 3-way catalyzer and bullet-tip opening is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
• 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
• Oil jets in the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling.
Digital Fuel Injection (KP)
• 38mm Keihin throttle bodies feature dual throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability.
The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
• Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
• Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
• Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
• Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
• Rubber front engine mounts help reduce vibration for rider comfort.
• Double-pipe perimeter-frame(KP) is simple and unique and contributes to light handling character. A backbone-style rear subframe keeps the seat narrow for an easy reach to the ground while allowing a thick cushion for comfort.
• Strong rear sub-frame accommodates accessory direct-mount saddlebags and optional accessory top case can be mounted at same time for increased touring capacity.
• Swingarm contributes to light, easy handling. Gull-wing shape on the right side allows clearance for the aggressive muffler design.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
• Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions and features a compact Bosch control unit to save space and weight.
• Nissin brake calipers convey a sporty image and contain front and rear brake specific pads; the front providing strong initial bite and the rear offering optimum control and high overall brake force.
• Large rear petal brake disc helps handle heavier loads when accessories are added.
• Front brake calipers have large 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
• Petal design offers improved cooling and warp resistance.
Showa Front Fork
• Derived from high-spec forks on Kawasaki Ninja® sportbikes, the Showa fork separates damping and spring functions into each fork leg. Rebound damping adjustability is in the right fork leg and spring preload in the left leg.
Single-shock Rear Suspension
• The rear shock has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster that allows the rider to conveniently change preload, without tools, for various load conditions.
• Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design to create an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub.
• The footpegs are positioned for a relaxed riding position without compromising sport potential. The footpeg mounting plates are rubber mounted to help isolate the rider from vibration resin heel guards help prevent paint wear from the rider’s boots.
• Rubber-mounted handlebars help reduce vibration reaching the rider.
• Passenger grips provide a stylish handhold and accommodate the optional KQR (Kawasaki Quick Release) 28-liter Saddlebags.
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, water-cooled, 4 valves per cylinder parallel twin
Bore x Stroke
83.0 x 60.0mm
47.0 lb-ft @ 7,000 rpm
DFI® with 38mm Keihin throttle bodies (2)
TCBI with digital advance
6-speed with positive neutral finder
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload/5.9 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Single offset laydown shock with remote adjustable spring preload/5.7 in
Dual 300mm petal-style rotors with 2-piston calipers, ABS
Single 250mm petal-style rotor with single-piston caliper, ABS
Double pipe diamond frame constructed from high-tensile steel
55.1 in/57.1 in (windshield down/up)
Metallic Moondust Gray/Metallic Flat Spark Black
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).