SHREDDING WITH NIMBLE AGILITY.
2019 KTM 350 SX-F
The new KTM 350 SX-F continues to deliver a dominant mix of horsepower and agility. For 2019, it has gained even more performance and torque, bringing it ever closer to the power of a 450, without losing its 250-like agility. When you’re looking for more than one advantage, this powerful, lightweight racer combines all your needs into one dominant package with serious championship pedigree to back it up.
2019 KTM 350 SX-F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
A NEW GENERATION OF KTM SX IS HERE!
KTM is dominating the battle. In the championships around the world over the last 10 years the Austrian brand has been the consistent performer in the fight for competition supremacy. Tony Cairoli’s ninth FIM Motocross World Championship title last season, as well as the first for the star of the show, the KTM 450 SX-F, was a true highlight. Pauls Jonass’ MX2 World Championship continued the orange brand’s dominance in the class with nine victories in 10 seasons for the KTM 250 SX-F, while the 2017 AMA 450 Supercross title was won in the hands of Ryan Dungey prior to his retirement. KTM has also enjoyed race wins in both the 250 SX and 450 SX classes this season.
To continue adding to these incredible achievements requires a strong motivation, a commitment to development for racing and investment in KTM’s talent development programs. This creates the best platform for the KTM SX range, as these world-winning technologies are tested in the heat of the battle prior to being available on serial production machinery. The KTM 50 SX, KTM 65 SX and KTM 85 SX sportminicycles provide a strong basis for juniors to step up to the adult ranks where the KTM 125 SX, KTM 150 SX and KTM 250 SX 2-strokes, along with the KTM 250 SX-F, KTM 350 SX-F and KTM 450 SX-F 4-stroke machines provide the sharpest weapon in each class.
For model year 2019 all adult models receive a generation changing update with KTM engineers targeting a further weight reduction that once again sets a clear benchmark in each class. In fact, in the higher capacity 450cc segment the KTM 450 SX-F is a lot lighter than its rivals. All SX models feature a re-worked frame for improved stiffness, handling and straight-line stability, a longer subframe, a revised rear axle slot and all-new bodywork for enhanced ergonomics with more freedom of movement. A brand-new appearance with new graphics compliment a newly shaped seat and new fuel tank. A new air filter box offers improved protection of the air filter and better air flow for both the 2-strokes and 4-strokes that contributes to a more efficient power delivery and improved performance.
New radiators offer efficient cooling with improved positioning for mass centralization, while a stronger lithium ion battery for the E-starter is harmonious with the reworked wiring harness for a compact electrical system. An updated triple clamp for improved handling compliments new suspension settings, while a newly developed, dual purpose, plug-in stand is yet another feature of the new range. All models continue to enjoy impressive serial components such as Brembo brakes, WP suspension, NEKEN handlebar, Dunlop tires, plus a map select switch with integrated traction control, launch control and map selection on the 4-stroke machines. This is no refinement model year, it’s an evolution; around 60% of each bike’s components are new.
All models in the KTM SX range have received major engine revisions over previous models. The KTM 250 SX-F and KTM 350 SX-F models enjoy a newly designed DS clutch, while all 4-strokes boast revised transmissions and a state-of-the-art Keihin engine management system with a reworked throttle body and improved electronics package. The KTM 125 SX, KTM 150 SX and KTM 250 SX all offer revised carburetor settings, with a new transmission and new clutch in each amongst other improvements. In addition to engine refinements on all models, the highlight KTM 450 SX-F model enjoys a newly developed SOHC cylinder head for reduced weight and improved mass centralization, a new camshaft with a shorter valve timing and improved surface along with a low-friction chain guide with a DLC coating.
2019 KTM 350 SX-F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
NEW reworked frame – improved stiffness, handling and straight line stability.
• NEW bodywork – better ergonomics, more freedom of movement and improved handling.
• NEWLY shaped seat – better ergonomics and comfort.
• NEW air box and intake snorkels – maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, better airflow for optimal performance.
• NEW fuel tank s- improved ergonomics, 4-strokes with optimized fuel pump assembly.
• NEW 4-stroke header pipes with FDH resonator system -, improved performance.
• NEW stronger and super light Lithium-Ion battery – better starting.
• REWORKED wiring harness and packaging – compact electrical system.
• NEWLY designed radiators and optimized cooling system – more efficient cooling.
• REDESIGNED upper triple clamp – improved handling and stability.
• UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves comfort and bottoming control.
• UPDATED WP rear shock, new main piston and settings, are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
• REWORKED cylinder head – reduced weight and increased performance.
• NEWLY designed DS diaphragm spring clutch – very compact and reliable clutch system.
• PANKL is the new manufacturer of the 5 speed transmission – improved durability and reliability.
• Handlebar map switch with improved setting of traction and launch control – better traction, more efficient starts.
• Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
• KTM “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot pegs is always in the correct position.
• The hydraulic Brembo clutch mechanism offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
• High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM off-road bikes, and are combined with lightweight Wave discs.
• Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Excel rims and Dunlop GEOMAX MX3S tires.
• “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2019 KTM 350 SX-F – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 349.7 cm³
- 88 mm
- 57.5 mm
- Electric starter
- Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- Keihin EMS
- Frame design
- 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake
- Disc brake
- Rear brake
- Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter
- 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter
- 220 mm
- 5/8 x 1/4″
- Steering head angle
- 63.9 °
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).