THE INDUSTRY BENCHMARK.
2019 KTM 450 XC-F
When maximum attack is required, the only answer is the 450 XC-F. The compact SOHC engine delivers explosive power in a smooth, usable delivery that suits both weekend riders and seasoned racers alike. More to the point, the 2019 450 XC-F shares 95% of its parts with the multiple championship winning 450 SX-F motocross bike. So, are you READY TO RACE?
The Offroad winning KTM 450 XC-F is a proven formula that is the industry benchmark. For 2019, this new machine takes the next step in efficient performance and improved handling. It is fitted with a newly designed, extremely compact, single overhead camshaft cylinder head, as well as the latest electronic fuel injection. Pushing out unrivalled power in the most effective way possible, this 450 cc is the most advanced offroad bike KTM has ever built.
2019 KTM 450 XC-F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
KTM EXC MODEL YEAR 2019 HAS ARRIVED!
Thanks to a long history as part of the foundation of the company and with many milestones achieved in producing READY TO RACE, world-beating enduro machines, KTM’s strive for excellence has ensured the orange brand remains the market-leader in the segment with the KTM EXC line-up. Last year the Austrian manufacturer announced the world’s first serial-production, fuel-injection 2-stroke offroad competition machines with the KTM 250 EXC TPI and KTM 300 EXC TPI models that have taken the possibilities of enduro to new heights, whilst complimenting the high-quality, high-performing 4-stroke models within the range.
However, the KTM R&D department in Mattighofen never rests; the latest generation of KTM EXC enduros receive updates for model year 2019 with improved WP fork settings, and a reworked WP shock absorber with a re-designed main piston and settings for improved, confidence-inspiring damping characteristics. A new seat cover, stronger battery and new graphics with a READY TO RACE factory-looking orange frame compliment the high-quality Brembo brakes, No-Dirt footpegs, NEKEN handlebar, CNC milled hubs with high-end black Giant rims and more that comes as standard on these championship winning machines.
For model year 2019 the KTM 125 XC-W and KTM 150 XC-W 2-strokes, designed for closed-course use, receive a new cylinder with a machined exhaust port and a new power valve for high-end performance. An optimized kick-starter seat along with an ultra-compact, newly designed DS clutch with a new clutch cover reduces overall engine width over previous models. In addition, a re-worked 6-speed transmission offers better function and improved reliability.
To accompany the new KTM EXC model line-up is the KTM PowerWear collection. To suit up and ride to the limit, KTM offers a wide range of high-quality, high-performance riding gear for riders to state their stance while dealing with the toughest of terrain, along with a vast array of casual clothing to stay READY TO RACE even on non-dirtbiking days. In addition, from conception of each KTM enduro model our engineers, along with leading accessories manufacturers, have developed a large selection of KTM PowerParts for those wishing to individualize their machine whether it’s for aesthetics or refined performance to take their ride to new heights.
2019 KTM 450 XC-F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• NEW reworked frames – improved stiffness, handling and straight line stability.
• NEW bodywork – better ergonomics, more freedom of movement and improved handling.
• NEWLY shaped seat – better ergonomics and comfort.
• NEW air box and intake snorkels – maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, better airflow for optimal performance.
• NEW 2.4 gal fuel tanks – improved ergonomics, 4-strokes with optimized fuel pump assembly.
• NEW 4-stroke header pipes with FDH resonator system – improved performance.
• NEW stronger and super light Lithium-Ion battery – better starting.
• REWORKED wiring harness and packaging – compact electrical system.
• NEWLY designed radiators and optimized cooling system – more efficient cooling.
• REDESIGNED upper triple clamp – improved handling and stability.
• UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any offroad condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves comfort and bottoming control.
• UPDATED WP rear shock, new main piston and offroad settings, are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
• NEW SOHC cylinder head – weight reduced by 500graround one pound, more compact design, better mass centralization.
• NEW camshaft with shorter valve timing and improved surface – improved responsiveness and reliability.
• Low-friction chain guide and DLC coating – high reliability, reduced friction.
• Handlebar map switch with improved setting of traction and launch control – better traction, more efficient starts.
• HThe hydraulic Brembo clutch mechanism offers light operation and highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
• High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM off-road bikes, and are combined with lightweight Wave discs.
• Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
• KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
• Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Excel rims and Dunlop AT81 tires.
“No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2019 KTM 450 XC-F – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 449.9 cc
Bore / Stroke: 95 .0/ 63.4 mm
Compression Ratio: 12.7.5:1
Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12V, 2 .2 Ah
Transmission: 5 Gears, Semi-close ratio
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
Primary Ratio: 31:76
Final Drive: 13:48
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminium
Handle bar: Neken, Aluminium Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21” / 2.15 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 980/1900-21” / 110/10090-18” Dunlop AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370 mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 9560 mm / 37.48 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 L / 2.4 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 100.6 kg/ 221.8 lbs.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).