WHEN THE ROAD ENDS, THE FUN BEGINS.
2019 Yamaha XT250:
With electric start and low seat height for added comfort, the XT250 is light, nimble and reliable. Take it wherever you go, then take off ‑ on or off‑road.
Light, nimble, reliable with electric start, the XT250 is the perfect travel companion – on or off-road.
Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun loving dual sport that is easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, single overhead cam (SOHC), 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces predictable torque across the entire RPM range for great on- and off-road fun.
Lightweight chassis, long travel suspension and plenty of ground clearance provide a fun ride while the fuel injected engine is super fuel efficient.
76 MPG Estimated
2019 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Advanced Long-Travel Suspension
Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.
- Modern Fuel Injection
The XT250 has fuel injection for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Convenient Electric Start
Electric start makes firing up the 249cc four-stroke effortless.
- Dual Disc Brakes
245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
Yamaha Introduces 2019 Dual Sport Motorcycles
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, today introduced their 2019 XT250 and TW200 Dual Sport motorcycles, which return to the company’s lineup as two key smaller-displacement models that cover a broad range of use.
Light and nimble with a low seat height, Yamaha durability, electric start and a 249cc air‑cooled engine, the XT250 is the perfect traveling companion. Equipped to handle a multitude of riding conditions that range from city streets to country roads and dirt trails, lengthy adventures await the XT250 thanks to its estimated average fuel economy of 76 mpg.
The 2019 XT250 will be available in a Sandy Beige color scheme, and is scheduled to begin arriving at Yamaha dealerships in June with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $5,199.
Versatile and very user friendly, the iconic TW200 features a reliable 196cc air-cooled engine, electric start, fat tires and full street equipment for comfortable on and off‑road capability. Exploring new terrain with confidence is the TW200’s specialty, thanks to a low seat height, compact chassis and estimated fuel economy of 78 mpg.
Available in Sandy Beige with a MSRP of $4,599, the fun and friendly 2019 TW200 will begin arriving at Yamaha dealerships in August.
2019 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- 249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy no hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- straight intake & exhaust tracts for excellent combustion chamber filling & discharge
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder uses “liner less” bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- Multi plate wet type clutch is utilized.
- Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
- Easy access element-type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes.
- 33 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 10 hole injector for optimum fuel atomization
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- 2.8 litre air box
- located under the seat & utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Wide ratio 5-speed transmission with multi plate wet clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on & off road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- clutch lever pull is light & easy
- Upswept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet & environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Air Induction System (AIS)
- injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust port to insure complete combustion
- reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Semi-double cradle steel frame.
- overall “wet” weight of 132kg (291 lbs.), makes the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market
- Rugged, box section steel swing arm
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 35mm KYB fork with 225mm (8.9″) of wheel travel.
- soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) protect fork seals & tubes from dirt & grit damage
- Lightweight aluminum lower triple clamp reduces weight.
- Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 180mm (7.1″) of wheel travel.
- 20 mm (0.8″) of threaded spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to adjust spring preload to match load or riding conditions
- Low 810mm (31.9″) seat height
- creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability
- inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet on the ground
- 285mm (11.2″) of ground clearance enhances off road use.
- 245mm front disc brake with twin piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
- 203mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston Nissin caliper
- rugged plastic rear caliper protector
- 9.6 litre steel fuel tank
- in tank electric fuel pump
- “reserve” portion of the tank is 1.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
- 21″ front & 18″ rear DID alloy rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance
- Long, YZ-inspired seat.
- creates a balanced riding position with good rider mobility
- provides roomy comfort for both rider & passenger
- 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
- small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- Compact digital instrumentation.
- functions includes: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) & clock
- other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light & self-diagnosis function
- Serrated, folding steel foot pegs
- Folding gear shift & rear brake lever tips
- Helmet lock
- Locking steering & fuel cap
- Passenger foot pegs & grab rails
- Durable “O” ring chain
- Oil level sight glass
- Flexible turn signals
- Rubber “boots” on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage/wear
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2019 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5499 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type 249cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke single; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 74.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound
damping; 7.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 245mm
Brakes / Rear Single disc, 203mm
Tires / Front 2.75-21
Tirres / Rear 120/80-18
L x W x H 84.6 in x 31.7 in x 45.7 in
Seat Height 31.9 in
Wheelbase 53.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.4°
Trail 4.2 in
Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal / CA model, 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 76 mpg
Wet Weight*** 291 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Sandy Beige
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2019 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|74 x 58mm|
|2.0kg-m (14.5 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm|
|Mikuni 33mm throttle body fuel injection|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|32.2kpl / 91mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric Start|
|“O” ring chain|
|35mm fork / 225mm (8.9″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable Link Monocross / 180mm (7.1″) wheel travel|
|245mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|203mm disc / single piston caliper|
|2.75 x 21|
|2,150 mm (84.6″)|
|805 mm (31.7″)|
|1,160 mm (45.7″)|
|1,360 mm (53.5″)|
|285 mm (11.2″)|
|830 mm (32.7″)|
|9.6 litres (2.1 imp. gallons)|
|132kg (291 lb)|
2019 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).