THE FUN STARTS HERE.
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E:
Push button electric start and three‑speed automatic transmission make this the perfect bike for learning.
Our littlest TT-R boasts big YZ styling, four-stroke power, a three-speed automatic-clutch gearbox and it even comes with push-button electric starting. So go ahead… play in the dirt!
An air-cooled, 50 cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, reliable, novice-friendly power that will help ease new riders up the learning curve.
Convenient, push-button electric starting makes it a snap to get running, taking one of the hassles out of learning how to ride.
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Air-cooled, 50 cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces smooth, novice-friendly power that eases the new rider up the learning curve.
- Convenient, push-button electric starting makes learning to ride much easier.
- Compact engine cases.
- keeps engine width narrow
- makes it easier for smaller riders to get their feet firmly on the ground
- Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design.
- easy to adjust traditional rocker arm valve actuation
- 150-hour valve adjustment intervals
- Intake & exhaust valves feature special “carbon cutter” valve stem design.
- automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems
- maintains maximum engine efficiency and power
- carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves and poor performance
- Automatic ratchet-type cam chain adjuster.
- reduces maintenance time, tune-up costs and reduces mechanical engine noise
- Lightweight crankshaft design.
- Mikuni VM11 carburetor with electric carb heater (heater does not function above 16 degrees Celsius).
- crisp, easy-to-use, linear throttle response
- excellent fuel economy
- carb heater reduces engine warm-up time and improves cold-weather starting
- “Electroless” nickel plating applied to valve seat and nickel silver needle valve to counter act the negative effects of E10 (10% ethanol) fuels.
- Washable foam air filter reduces costs.
- Smooth-shifting, 3-speed transmission with automatic centrifugal clutch.
- auto clutch eases the beginner into the basics of shifting without the complications of a clutch
- optimized transmission ratios match engine output
- CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) system.
- delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance
- Centrifugal oil filtering system.
- automatically removes any particles found in the oil
- never requires cleaning or maintenance
- fast, easy oil changes
- Lightweight, up-swept exhaust system.
- produces a quiet exhaust note to keep the neighbours happy
- numerous heat shields to protect young riders for hot components
- cleanable screen-type spark arrestor
- Rugged “mini-size” steel backbone-type frame provides rugged durability whether being ridden by a child or an adult. The engine mounts to the frame at three points, making the entire chassis more rigid for superior handling.
- Triangulated steel tube swingarm.
- Conventional 22 mm Showa front fork offers a class-leading 96 mm (3.8″) of wheel travel.
- confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain
- plastic fork leg protectors help prevent stone chips in fork tubes and extend fork seal life
- Monocross single-shock rear suspension with 71 mm (2.8″) of wheel travel.
- delivers progressive suspension performance to smooth out rough trails
- Low 556 mm (21.9″) seat height.
- allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground for added confidence
- provides a handling-enhancing lower centre of gravity & lightweight feeling
- Long, motocross-style seat is low, comfortable and allows good rider mobility.
- Front and rear 80 mm drum brakes
- strong, dependable stopping power
- brake components are the same front and rear
- 2.50 x 10 front and rear knobby tires
- puncture-resistant 4-ply design
- excellent traction in the dirt
- 135 mm (5.3″) of ground clearance
- allows the TT-R50E to tackle modest obstacles
- 3-litre plastic resin fuel tank
- plenty of smiles and fun between fill-ups
- on/off/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
- Serrated folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
- Convenient handlebar mounted paddle-style choke lever
- Rugged YZ-F inspired plastic body components resist damage in the event of a tip-over
- YZ-F inspired styling & graphics gives the TT-R50E that big YZ look
- YZ-style handlebar with protective foam pad features a re-enforcing cross bar for extra strength
- Low maintenance sealed battery prevents leaks during a tip-over (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Adjustable throttle stop screw allows adult supervisor to control top speed by restricting how far the throttle can be opened. Adjustment design is fast & easy
- Key operated ignition allows parents to control use
- Exhaust heat shields protect young riders from hot components
- Upper and lower chain guards
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet & eye protection are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R50E.
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $1,699 – Team Yamaha Blue
Canada MSRP Price: $1,899 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 49cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 36.0mm x 48.6mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® VM11 carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 3-speed; automatic clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 3.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 2.8-in travel
Brakes / Front Drum, 80mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 80mm
Tires / Front 2.50-10-4PR
Tires / Rear 2.50-10-4PR
L x W x H 51.4 in x 23.4 in x 31.3 in
Seat Height 21.9 in
Wheelbase 36.4 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.5°
Trail 1.3 in
Fuel Capacity 0.8 gal
Fuel Economy** n/a
Wet Weight*** 126 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|36 x 48.6 mm|
|0.32 kg-m (2.3 ft-lb) @ 5,500 rpm|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Electric|
|Constant mesh, 3-speed, semi automatic|
|26 mm conventional fork / 96mm (3.8″) wheel travel|
|Monocross, single shock / 71mm (2.8″) wheel travel|
|3.1 litres (0.7 imp. gal.)|
|58 kg (128 lb)|
|Yamaha Racing Blue|
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Yamaha TT-R50E – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).