2022 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Freewheeler: 3-WHEEL ADVENTURER.
Introducing the 2022 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Freewheeler…
The Freewheeler® has all-new braking enhancements like cornering enhanced Reflex™ linked brakes with ABS and traction control. Classic styling details, like bobtail fenders, slash cut pipes, 12-inch mini apes and Enforcer aluminum wheels. There’s enough cargo space to hold two full-face helmets plus extra gear. Power is plentiful, thanks to a Milwaukee-Eight® 114 V-Twin engine. Dual bending valve 49mm front forks and easily adjustable rear suspension make the ride smooth.
This cruiser-inspired trike offers hot-rod attitude on three wheels with mini ape hanger handlebar, bobtail fenders, chrome Hiawatha headlamp, Enforcer wheels and slash cut pipes, standard Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements by Harley-Davidson and the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine. New for 2022 is a Chrome and Gloss Black tank medallion in a classic “V” shape. A new optional two-tone paint scheme in Midnight Crimson/Vivid Black is applied to the front and rear fenders and the fuel tank.
Hot-rod attitude on three wheels with an easy handling frame that keeps adventure coming your way.
2022 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Freewheeler Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Harley-Davidson Trike models offer veteran riders and new riders alike the confidence boost of three-wheels, plus ample and handy storage for road trips. Riders can count on the performance of a chassis engineered by Harley-Davidson as a trike from the wheels up.
Custom touring style and easy handling features that lets you roll with confidence for longer. It’s everything you love about H-D Touring, just on three wheels. The new premium touring front and rear suspension is calibrated specifically for trike models. Easy tool-free preload adjusting, new cornering enhanced linked brake system with ABS and Traction Control, and luxurious seating put you in control of an unmatched ride. Incorporates an Antilock Braking System (ABS) and Traction Control System (TCS) that work together to provide enhanced cornering capability. In addition, the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine gives you passing and horizon-chasing power.
- Upright riding position
- Passenger seat
- Rider safety enhancements available
THIS IS THE RIGHT BIKE FOR
- Riders looking to customize their dream trike
- Bold styling with bobtail fenders and Mini-Ape bars
- Milwaukee-Eight® 114 V-Twin engine and Enforcer wheels
2022 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Freewheeler Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
MILWAUKEE-EIGHT® 114 ENGINE
The most displacement in standard H-D® Touring models. You get 114 cubic inches of passing and horizon-chasing power.
REFLEX™ LINKED BREMBO® BRAKES WITH STANDARD ABS
Designed to help prevent the wheels from locking under braking to assist the rider in maintaining control when braking in a straight-line. ABS operates independently on front and rear brakes to keep the wheels rolling and help prevent uncontrolled wheel lock in urgent situations.
HIGH PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
Premium Harley-Davidson touring suspension technology is calibrated specifically for Trike models, delivering a smooth and responsive ride.
BOBTAIL REAR FENDERS
The pair of Harley-Davidson® bobtail rear fenders give the bike classic cruiser lines and styling details.
ENFORCER CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
There’s an Enforcer front wheel leading the way, and you’ve got two more to match in the back. Up front, the brake rotors have been redesigned to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels.
A classic style chrome headlight nacelle is tucked tight against the frame and forks for a tighter, smaller look. It also accommodates a clean-looking windshield mounting system.
UNIQUE TRUNK SYSTEM
It’s a one-of-a-kind design that opens left to right (with one hand) and extends the entire length of the body for a clean look. Enough cargo space to easily accommodate two full-face helmets.
2022 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Freewheeler – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $28499 (Black), $29149 (Color), $29599 (Two Tone) USD
Canada MSRP Price: from $34599 (Black), $35399 (Color), $35999 (Two Tone) CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: from £29595 (Black), £30095 (Color), £30445 (Two Tone) GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Length||103 in. (2,615 mm)|
|Overall Width||55.3 in. (1,405 mm)|
|Overall Height||45.3 in. (1,150 mm)|
|Seat Height, Laden||26.2 in. (665 mm)||2|
|Seat Height, Laden (Low seat position)|
|Seat Height, Laden (High seat position)|
|Seat Height, Laden (Low seat position with optional ARH suspension)|
|Seat Height, Laden (High seat position with optional ARH suspension)|
|Seat Height, Unladen||27.6 in. (700 mm)|
|Seat Height, Unladen (Low seat position)|
|Seat Height, Unladen (High seat position)|
|Seat Height, Unladen (Low seat position with optional ARH suspension)|
|Seat Height, Unladen (High seat position with optional ARH suspension)|
|Static Ground Clearance||4.9 in. (125 mm)|
|Dynamic Ground Clearance (with optional suspension)|
|Rake (steering head) (deg)||26|
|Fork Angle (deg)||32.2|
|Trail||3.96 in. (101 mm)|
|Wheelbase||65.7 in. (1,670 mm)|
|Tires, Type||Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and radial blackwall rear|
|Tires, Front Model||D408F|
|Tires, Front Specification||MT 130/60B19 M/C 61H|
|Tires, Rear Model||Signature|
|Tires, Rear Specification||P205/65R15|
|Fuel Capacity||6 gal. (22.7 l)|
|Reserve Fuel Capacity, Fuel Injection (warning light)||1 gal. (3.8 l)|
|Oil Capacity (w/filter)||5 qt. (4.7 l)|
|Transmission Capacity||1.1 qt. (1 l)|
|Primary Chain Case Capacity||1.1 qt. (1 l)|
|Weight, As Shipped||1,085 lb. (492 kg)|
|Weight, In Running Order||1,118 lb. (507 kg)|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating||1,700 lb. (771 kg)|
|Gross Axle Weight Rating, Front||511 lb. (232 kg)|
|Gross Axle Weight Rating, Rear||1,189 lb. (539 kg)|
|Luggage Capacity -Volume||2 cu ft (0.06 m3)|
|Valves||Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; four valves per cylinder|
|Bore||4.016 in. (102 mm)|
|Stroke||4.5 in. (114.3 mm)|
|Displacement||114 cu in (1,868 cc)|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)||3|
|Air Cleaner||Paper, washable|
|Exhaust||Shorty slash down-style chrome finish mufflers|
|Lubrication System||Pressurized, dry-sump with fan-assisted oil cooler|
|Primary Drive||Chain, 34/46 ratio|
|Final Drive||Belt, 30/70 ratio|
|Clutch||Mechanically actuated 10 plate, wet Assist & Slip|
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 1st||10.534|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd||7.302|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd||5.423|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 4th||4.392|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 5th||3.741|
|Gear Ratios (overall) 6th||3.157|
|Frame||Mild steel, square-section backbone with twin downtubes|
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube sections with plate junctions; MIG welded|
|Front Fork||49mm dual bending valve|
|Front Fork, Optional|
|Rear Shocks||Hand-adjustable emulsion rear suspension|
|Rear Shocks, Optional|
|Wheels, Optional Style Type||N/A||4|
|Wheels, Front Type||Enforcer Cast Aluminum||4|
|Wheels, Front Width||3.5 in. (89 mm)|
|Wheels, Front Height||19 in. (483 mm)|
|Wheels, Rear Type||Enforcer Cast Aluminum||4|
|Wheels, Rear Width||5.5 in. (140 mm)|
|Wheels, Rear Height||15 in. (381 mm)|
|Brakes, Caliper Type||Front: 32mm 4 piston fixed, Rear: floating 36mm piston integrated park brake|
|Brakes, Rotor Type||Dual floating rotors (front), fixed rotor (rear)|
|Brakes, Front Diameter||11.8 in. (300 mm)|
|Brakes, Front Thickness||0.2 in. (5.1 mm)|
|Brakes, Front is dual||Yes|
|Brakes, Rear Diameter||10.6 in. (270 mm)|
|Brakes, Rear Thickness||0.24 in. (6 mm)|
|Front brake lever free travel||N/A|
|Rear brake pedal free travel||N/A|
|Brakes, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)||Standard|
|Suspension Travel, Front||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|Suspension Travel, Rear||3 in. (76 mm)|
|Engine Torque Testing Method||J1349|
|Engine Torque||122 ft-lb (165 Nm)||5|
|Engine Torque (rpm)||2,250|
|Power (Hp/kW)||93 HP / 69 kW @ 4750 rpm|
|Lean Angle Testing Method||N/A|
|Lean Angle, Right (deg.)||N/A|
|Lean Angle, Left (deg.)||N/A|
|Maximum hill-starting ability||N/A|
|Fuel Economy Testing Method||Estimated City/Hwy|
|Fuel Economy||43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)||6|
|CO₂ Emissions Testing Method||N/A|
|Battery||Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 28-amp/hour, 405 cca (per Battery Council International Rating)|
|Charging||Three-phase, 48-amp system (600W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 625W max power @ 13V)|
|Starting||1.6 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement|
|Lights (as per country regulation), Headlamp||Dual halogen headlight 55-watt 625 lumen low beam, 65-watt 1,570 lumen high beam.|
|Lights (as per country regulation), Tail/Stop||Incandescent|
|Lights (as per country regulation), Front Signal Lights||Incandescent|
|Lights, Rear Turn Signals||Incandescent|
|Gauges||Speedometer, tachometer, fuel, and voltage gauges; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, gear indicator|
|Electric Power Outlet||N/A|
|Reverse Gear||Electric reverse actuated by handlebar mounted hand controls|
|Warranty And Service||FLRT Freewheeler®||Notes|
|Warranty||24 months (unlimited mileage)||7|
|Service Interval||First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter||8|
- Vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. Specifications and prices listed may differ from specifications and prices of vehicles manufactured and delivered. All product descriptions (including depictions, specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and competitive comparisons) are based on available information at the time of publication. Although such descriptions are believed correct, errors and changes can occur and complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Harley-Davidson may make changes at any time to prices and specifications, and may change or discontinue models, without notice and without incurring any obligation. Attention: Vehicles in the configurations shown and many of the accessories described in this catalog may not be available for sale or use in some locations. Please check with your dealer for complete product details and the latest information. All models feature 6-speed transmission (VRSC™ models and Sportster® models are 5-speed) and carbon fiber belt final drive; multi-plate clutch with diaphragm spring in oil bath; and 2-year unlimited mileage warranty.
- Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
- Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
- Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
- The combined fuel economy numbers were derived using a combination of estimated city and highway values. Fuel economy estimates are derived from US EPA exhaust emission certification data on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family under ideal laboratory conditions. Your actual fuel economy will vary depending on your personal riding habits, road and driving conditions, vehicle condition and maintenance, tire pressure, vehicle configuration (parts and accessories), and vehicle loading (cargo, rider and passenger weight). Break-in mileage may vary.
- See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
- Inspections of certain systems and components are required at 2,500 mile (4,000 km) intervals. See Owner’s Manual for full details.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).