2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel: STEP UP.
Introducing the 2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel…
The journey goes on.
When things start to get more competitive, you need a bike that can step up with you. This is it – the CRF150R. Armed with a powerful 4-stroke Unicam® engine, that’s smooth and easy to control, a light twist-grip action gives accurate throttle response while its wide rev-range leaves other riders trailing in the roost. Now, you’re ready.
Getting the holeshot is the first, critical step to winning a race. And the same goes with choosing a racer’s bike. That’s why we build the CRF150R and CRF150R Expert. These motocrossers are giving a young rider a career holeshot—an advantage right from the start. Built around a high-performance Unicam® engine inspired by our open-class CRF450R, they provide a wide powerband without needing a ton of maintenance. And because winners come in all sizes, we offer two versions: Our Expert model uses the same great engine, but features bigger wheels, a longer swingarm and higher seat to better suit taller riders. Choose your weapon, and then get ready to win!
The powersports industry’s most popular mini motocrosser, the CRF150R is offered in both standard and Big Wheel versions, the latter featuring larger wheels, a higher seat and additional rear-suspension travel, making it a great choice for taller riders. Honda’s smallest motocross model boasts Showa® suspension, including a 37 mm inverted fork and a single shock mated to a Pro-Link® rear linkage system, plus a Unicam® four-stroke engine that is unique in the mini MX world, delivering a strong but smooth spread of power across the rev range.
2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- High-performance Unicam cylinder-head design
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a supply of cool oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump
- Cylinder head, piston, camshaft, and carburetor provide power, torque, and rideability throughout the powerband
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold
- 32 mm Keihin FCR carburetor with an accelerator-pump circuit provides accurate fuel metering, resulting in crisp throttle response and good rideability throughout the powerband
- Suspension settings provide good action through even the toughest of track conditions
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel header and re-packable aluminum muffler
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission\
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking
- 37 mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control
- Pro-Link rear suspension
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking
- Stout 15 mm front and 17 mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style
- High-quality Dunlop tires
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose
2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The CRF150R uses a Unicam engine based on our championship-winning CRF450R. Designed to give you excellent rideability and more power and torque across the rev range, the engine runs consistently at different tracks—it’s an all-around winner.
The CRF150R uses a carburetor featuring a “direct push” accelerator pump which gives you better, more immediate throttle response.
A lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and crossmember delivers excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
PRO-LINK® REAR SUSPENSION
The CRF150R’s Pro-Link® rear-suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa® shock for superb bump absorption and wheel control.
The adjustable 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork features specially tuned valving for small bumps and a friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
FRONT DISC BRAKE
The front disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
REAR DISC BRAKE
The rear disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
BIG-BIKE MX GRAPHICS
The CRF150R features clean, bold, bright graphics, updated for 2022, that look like our CRF450R’s. Look like a pro, ride like a pro.
2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $5449 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $6549 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Model||CRF150R||CRF150R Big Wheel|
|Type||147.7cc water-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||Unicam®, four-valve; 26 mm intake, steel; 22.5 mm exhaust, steel|
|Bore x Stroke||66.0 mm x 43.7 mm|
|Induction||Keihin 32 mm flat-slide carburetor w/ Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)|
|Ignition||CD w/ electronic advance|
|Driveline||#420 chain; 15T/50T||#420 chain; 15T/56T|
|Transmission||Close-ratio 5-speed manual|
|Front||37 mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted conventional Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 in. stroke|
|Rear||Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock;
10.7 in. travel
|Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock;
11.1 in. travel
|Front||Single 220 mm disc|
|Rear||Single 190 mm disc|
|Rake (castor angle)||27.03°||27.8°|
|Trail||78 mm (3.1 in.)||96 mm (3.8 in.)|
|Length||72.1 in.||74.8 in.|
|Height||44.6 in.||46.1 in.|
|Seat Height||32.8 in.||34.1 in.|
|Ground Clearance||11.9 in.||13.2 in.|
|Wheelbase||49.6 in.||50.6 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.1 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||185 lbs.||187 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride Meets current CARB and EPA emissions standards
2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Engine type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
Displacement 150 cc
Bore & stroke 66 mm x 43.7 mm
Compression ratio 11.7:1
Valve train Unicam, four valves
Fuel delivery Keihin 32 mm flat-slide carb with throttle position sensor
Transmission Close-ratio five-speed
Final drive #420 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/56T
Chassis & Suspension
Front suspension 37 mm inverted Showa leading-axle telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping; 241 mm (9.50 in) travel
Rear suspension Pro-Link® fully adjustable Showa single shock; 282 mm (11.11 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
Tires Front: 70/100-19
Brakes Front: 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Rear: 190 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Ground clearance 336 mm (13.2 in.)
Seat height 866 mm (34.1 in.)
Wheelbase 1,285 mm (50.6 in.)
Curb weight 84.4 kg (186 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
Fuel capacity 4.3 litres
Colour Extreme Red
2022 Honda CRF150R Expert Big Wheel – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).