2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS: MEET THE MODERN CLASSIC.
Introducing the 2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS…
Go all-in on performance, agility, and style, with the 2022 Rebel 500. The lean 471cc twin-cylinder engine and user-friendly powerband deliver enjoyment through city streets and wide-open straightaways. The wide front wheel and blacked-out engine gives it head-turning style to go with the modern innovations every rider should demand. Like optional ABS brakes. Full LED lighting package. And Honda’s slipper/assist clutch that helps make every ride more fun. The low-seat height lets you flat foot it at stoplights, while new colors for this year make it even more irresistible. Back by popular demand, the Rebel 500 ABS SE comes with some of our most popular accessories like a Black Diamond-Stitch Seat, Black Fork Boots and Covers, and a color-matched Headlight Cowl. Yes, the Rebel 500 is a no-compromises modern cruiser. And we’ve got one waiting for you.
Anti-lock brakes ABS
471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine
Low 27.2-inch seat height
Wide 16-inch rear tire
Accessory passenger seat and footpeg kit available
2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
A Smoother Ride
The 41mm front fork stanchions are set wide apart for sure footed stability, comfort and style; they also employ revised spring and damping rates for an improved ride. A 45mm diameter, tubular steel swingarm works twin preload-adjustable Showa shock absorbers that are now nitrogen-charged, with firmer spring rates to match the front forks.
A Natural Ride
Footpegs are mid mounted, for a relaxed riding position. They combine well with the Rebel’s slim proportions and low 690mm seat height, with additional comfort deriving from a new seat design – to make those longer journeys even more enjoyable.
The ‘one button’ speedo is a compact 100mm dial with negative LCD display and blue backlight; it’s strikingly effective and now features a digital gear position indicator.
Like many traditional machines, the ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank.
Round LED headlight
Set high up front and evocative of an earlier era, the round LED headlight, mounted with die-cast aluminium, has a striking new internal design. The indicators are now also LED.
Fat ‘bobber’ style rims Stop On Sight
The fat ‘bobber’ style rims and rubber are matched nicely with a twin piston caliper up front. The rear is a single piston type and the two-channel system ABS brakes, come as standard.
The CMX500 Rebel is all about freedom for all motorcyclists, particularly A2 licence holders. With a strong, liquid-cooled, parallel twin-cylinder engine cradled in low chassis and updated suspension, lighting, comfort and instruments, it’s a stunning looking bike – a blank canvas – and one that’s ready for whatever your imagination has in store for it.
AN EASY RIDE
Powered by a proven parallel twin-cylinder engine, the response is friendly, smooth and linear – ideal if you’re stepping up from a smaller bike. Thanks to a new exhaust, it’s also now EURO5 compliant, while the addition of an assist-and-slipper clutch aids gearchanges with a 30% lighter lever feel. The riding position is relaxed as you sit, arms outstretched, into the low seat height, ready for the highway. Even at low speed, the Rebel remains comfortable and easy to manage.
Rear three quarter shot of Honda CMX500 Rebel being ridden on street.Honda CMX500 Rebel parked outside workshop.
Woman seated on a Honda CMX500 Rebel.
A parallel twin tuned for cruising.
Slim enough to nip through town traffic with a low seat height for comfort and sure-footed control.
Moving away from the high rpm-focused performance of the CBR500R, a revised PGM-FI fuel injection map has given the Rebel’s engine a totally different character. It has beefy, bottom-end output with more muscular torque of [email protected] 6,000rpm and – combined with peak power of 34kW @ 8,500rpm – provides satisfying acceleration and strong cruising performance.
The 2-1 exhaust uses two resonator chambers along with a 120mm diameter ‘shotgun’ style muffler. An internal redesign and new LAF sensor help the engine gain EURO5 compliance while the sound produced has a deep pulse thanks to the 180° phased firing order. Take it through the 6-speed gearbox and you’ll be surprised at how strong this motor feels.
Front three-quarter facing Honda CMX500 Rebel, street location.Front facing Honda CMX500 Rebel.
Free to ride where you want when you want. The CMX500 Rebel bridges the gap nicely between a smaller machine and a larger capacity motorcycle.
HONDA MOTORCYCLES EXPERIENCE
Make your favourite Honda your own through the Honda Motorcycles Europe app. It’s easy. Choose the bike you want and select a colour. Then, see how it looks sat in your garage through the AR feature. There’s an Integrated Accessories Catalogue, so you can add the parts you want. And the Honda Motorcycles Europe YouTube channel is now part of the app, with a gallery of videos to enjoy.
2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Both models’ riding positions are relaxed and neutral, with arms gently outstretched and feet dropping straight down to the mid-mounted pegs.
- Good ground clearances allow sporty lean angles.
- LED headlight, turn signals and taillight reinforce iconic look.
- LCD meter with gear-position indicator and fuel consumption provides pertinent information to the rider.
- To support the Rebel’s low-slung look, its attractive tubular-steel frame holds the engine in three places and is designed to be as narrow as possible around the rider’s inseam. Trail is set at 110 mm, with 28° rake.
- The 41 mm fork stanchions are set wide at 230 mm apart, for rigidity, comfort and style, and the lower legs are blacked-out.
- Fork features buffing on inner pipe for smooth action.
- Fork angle is 30°, wheelbase is 58.7 in. wheelbase and seat height is 27.2 in., resulting in balanced, neutral steering.
- Shock damper tube uses nitrogen gas to stabilize damping force.
- Frame body has a narrow shape and includes an innovative rear loop that separates the seat from the stamped-metal rear fender.
- Dunlop tires (size 130/90-16 front, 150/80-16 rear) are mounted to 16 inch cast-aluminum wheels.
- Both the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 are available in standard and ABS versions.
- Iconic, peanut-shaped fuel tank, aggressively raked front end and fat tires on large-diameter wheels result in stripped forms that express offbeat individuality from every angle.
- Blacked-out 45 mm tubular swingarm with twin conventional, side-mounted dual shocks that feature two-step preload adjusters.
- Ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank.
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- Assist/slipper clutch results in reduced effort in stop-and-go situations and enhances controlled deceleration.
- Rebel 500 is powered by a 471cc, eight-valve, liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine with strong bottom-end torque and a smooth, linear power delivery.
- Rebel 500 cylinder head uses roller rocker arms; shim-type valve adjustment allows them to be light, for lower valve-spring load and reduced friction.
- Rebel 500 has a silent (SV Chain) cam chain, with the surface of its pins treated with Vanadium to reduce friction through its increased protection against dust. Inlet-valve diameter is 26.0 mm with exhaust-valve diameter of 21.5 mm.
- Rebel 500 has reduced friction through the inclusion of striations on the piston skirt (a finish that increases surface area, introducing gaps in which oil can flow for better lubrication). An AB 1 salt bath process, used after isonite nitriding, forms a protective oxidization membrane.
- Rebel 500 crankshaft pins are phased at 180°, and a primary couple-balancer sits behind the cylinders, close to the bike’s center of gravity. The primary and balancer gears use scissor gears, reducing noise. The crank counterweight is specifically shaped for couple-balance and its light weight allows the engine to spin freely, with low inertia.
- Rebel 500 crankcases use centrifugally cast thin-walled sleeves. Their internal design reduces the “pumping” losses that can occur with a 180° phased firing order. A deep oil sump holds 3.2 liters.
- Rebel 300 is powered by a peppy 286cc single-cylinder engine.
- Six-speed gearbox is designed to offer smooth gear changes.
- Blacked-out mechanical components for a tough, minimalist look.
- Specially designed muffler looks good and emits a pulsating exhaust note.
A full range of official Honda Accessories are available for the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 and help create their own custom look. Available accessories include a stylish main seat, headlight cowl, meter visor, fork cover, and new saddlebag that can be removed without the use of tools and comes with shoulder straps for easy use when you leave the bike.
WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $6699 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 7999 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £5849 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 67mm x 66.8mm
Ignition Full transistorized ignition
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Valve Train DOHC; 4 valves per cylinder
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
CHASSIS SUSPENSION BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm fork; 4.8 inches of travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with 3.8 inches of travel
Front Brake Hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear Brake Hydraulic disc; ABS
Front Tire 130/90-16
Rear Tire 150/80-16
Rake (Caster Angle) 28° 0′
Trail 4.3 inches
Wheelbase 58.7 inches
Seat Height 27.2 inches
414 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuelready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 2.9 gallons
Miles Per Gallon
67 MPG – Honda fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission
measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your
actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle,
weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and
passenger weight, and other factors.
Model ID CMX500A
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and
may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Available Colors Matte Gray Metallic, Pearl Organic Green
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty
Optional Extended Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan®
2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Engine Type Liquid-cooled parallel twin
Displacement 471 cc
Bore & Stroke 67 mm x 66.8 mm
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Valve Train DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Final Drive #520 O-ring sealed chain (15T/40T)
Chassis & Suspension
Front Suspension 41 mm telescopic fork; 121 mm (4.8 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks (Nitrogen-filled) with five-position spring preload adjustment; 95 mm (3.7 in.) travel
Tires Front: 130/90R-16
Brakes Front: 296 mm disc with two-piston caliper
Rear: 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Seat Height 690 mm (27.2 in.)
Wheelbase 1,490 mm (58.7 in.)
Curb Weight 188 kg (414 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 11.2 litres
Colour Mat Axis Gray Metallic, Pearl Organic Green
Warranty 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
2022 Honda Rebel 500 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Bore × Stroke (mm) 67 x 66.8
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Engine Displacement (cc) 471cc
Engine Type Liquid-cooled, DOHC
Max. Power Output 34.0kW/8,500rpm
Max. Torque 43.3Nm/6,000rpm
C02 Emissions (g/km) 86
Oil Capacity (Litres) 3.2 litres
Suspension Front 41mm Telescopic forks
Suspension Rear Showa with pro-link system
Tyre Size Front 130/90-16M/C 67H
Tyre Size Rear 150/80-16M/C 71H
Wheels Front 16M/C x MT3.00
Wheels Rear 16M/C x MT3.00
Dimensions and Weights
Battery Capacity (VAh) 12V
Caster Angle 28°
Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 2,188 x 820 x 1,094
Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) 11.2
Fuel Consumption 26km/litre
Ground Clearance (mm) 136mm
Kerb Weight (kg) 190kg
Seat Height (mm) 690mm
Trail (mm) 110
Wheelbase (mm) 1488mm
Clutch Wet multiplate Hydraulic
Final Drive Chain
Transmission Type 6-speed
Instruments and Electrics
Headlights Bulb 55W
Tail Light Bulb 8.3W
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).