2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS: OLD SCHOOL COOL.
Introducing the 2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS…
THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, WHEREVER YOU PARK
More timeless than a leather jacket, Honda’s retro Shadow Aero is highlighted by classic cruiser touchstones like a large front fender, chrome headlights, low-slung seat, spoke wheels and of course a V-twin engine with swept-back twin exhausts. At the same time, it benefits from sensible elements including programmed fuel injection, available ABS, a shaft final drive, an affordable price and Honda’s legendary reliability. The combination honors tradition and style while still prioritizing performance and ease of ownership.
Comfort on a motorcycle is about way more than just how thick the seat is or where the footpegs are. Because comfort is more than how you feel on the bike—it’s how the bike makes you feel. And that’s why we build the Shadow Aero and Shadow Aero ABS—two bikes that just feel right, so you’ll feel the same way riding them. The V-twin engine is a natural choice, narrow and offering plenty of torque. The chromed dual exhaust makes this bike sound great too. A low seat height, low center of gravity, low-maintenance shaft drive and classic looks round out the package. Want one with our anti-lock brake system as well? Then just check out the Shadow Aero ABS, which also adds a rear disc brake.
2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for good throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- Custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers provides soul-stirring sound that’s classic V-twin cruiser.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Chrome highlights throughout provide classic styling.
- Wide metal front fender adds to the bike’s classic appearance.
- Sturdy 41mm fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look, and delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is a disc type on the ABS version, drum type on the standard.
- Low 25.9-inch seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze.
- Narrow seat/tank junction makes adds to the low seat height to make flat-footing even easier
- Tank-mounted speedometer on a stylish 3.7-gallon fuel cell for classic retro styling.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
- Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
2-INTO-2 EXHAUST SYSTEM
Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and the 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
Chrome highlights include cylinder-head covers, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers and more.
FULL FRONT FENDER
Wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch.
Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
Broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
LOW SEAT HEIGHT
Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you to hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION (PGM-FI)
Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow’s fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
SHAFT FINAL DRIVE
Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft final drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the road. And an added plus: it helps keep your bike cleaner, too.
THREE-VALVE DUAL-PLUG COMBUSTION CHAMBER
It’s the best of both worlds: The three-valve combustion chambers used on many of our V-twin cruisers feature two intake valves and one exhaust, helping them breathe efficiently to boost both horsepower and torque.
If there’s one place you don’t want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power. Additionally, our ABS model comes with Honda’s Anti-Lock Brake System.
2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $8099 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Model||Shadow Aero ABS (VT750CS)||Shadow Aero (VT750C)|
745cc liquid-cooled 52º V-twin four-stroke
SOHC; three valves per cylinder
|Bore x Stroke||
79.0mm x 76.0mm
PGM-FI w/ automatic enrichment; one 34mm throttle body
Digital transistorized w/ electronic advance
5 speed manual
41mm telescopic fork; 4.6 in. travel
|Rear||Dual shocks w/ 5-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel|
|Front||Single twin-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 296 mm disc; ABS||Single twin-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 296 mm disc|
|Rear||Single one-piston hydraulic caliper w/ disc; ABS||Single 180mm drum|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||
161mm (6.3 in.)
|Seat Height||25.9 in.|
|Ground Clearance||5.1 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal.|
Ultra Blue Metallic
2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2022 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).