Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit (USA Model)
– 2001 Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit
Introducing Honda’s 2001 Shadow Spirit 750–a comfortable low rider with street-rod styling that boasts Honda’s famous fit, finish and durability.
EXCLUSIVE SHADOW SPIRIT 750 FEATURES
· Distinctive street-rod styling with dragster-style seat, semi-swept handlebar and chopped rear fender.
· 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive low-rpm torque and usable power over a broad rpm-range.
· Handsome two-into-two exhaust system.
· A complete line of bolt-on accessories and appearance items.
· Long-stroke 52º V-twin engine design provides a satisfying, classic V-twin feel.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
· Carburetor electric-heater system improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Silent-type maintenance-free camshaft chain adjusters.
· Aluminum radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street rod style.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone frame and massive cast steering head are both strong and very rugged.
· Frame features forged pivot-plate castings, rigid engine-mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
· Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large billet-aluminum triple-clamp. Together they deliver confident, neutral handling and a plush ride with 130mm of wheel travel.
· Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity and steering precision.
· Dual chromed rear shocks feature an advanced internal valve system, and five-position preload adjustability, while offering 90mm of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
· Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung street-rod look while delivering excellent handling characteristics.
· Traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims.
· Large 110/80-19 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire provide abundant traction and complement the Spirit 750’s stylish good looks.
· Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips the drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank in an attractive chrome instrument housing.
· Semi-swept handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position. The handlebar is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
· Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 676mm seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
· Chrome highlights include: cylinder head cover, air cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, sidestand, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap.
· Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
· Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
· Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight features a 60/55-watt halogen bulb for superb lighting.
· Custom-styled taillight and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
· Long, stretched-design 14.8 litre fuel tank.
· Chopper-style rear fender.
· Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
· Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
· Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Custom windshield.
· Chrome accessories include: backrest with pad (low type), backrest with pad (tall type), rear carrier (square tube), backrest/rear carrier stays, headlight visor, radiator trim, and saddlebag stays.
· Billet accessories include: rider footpegs, passenger footpegs, master cylinder cap, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, handlebar endcaps, oil dipstick, brake caliper caps, air cleaner insert and license plate frame.
· Soft goods include: leather saddlebags, deluxe leather tank belt, leather front pouch, leather backrest bag, leather touring bag, solo seat with rear fender trim, and motorcycle cover.
· Additional accessories include: headlight cowl, and radiator cowl.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
745cc Liquid-cooled, 52 degree V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
79.0mm X 76.0mm
9.0 : 1
Twin, 36mm, diaphragm-type, CV
O ring chain
41mm fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5-way spring preload adjustment, 90mm travel
110/80H – 19
160/80H – 15
Single 296mm disc with twin piston caliper
1640 mm (64.8 in.)
225 kg (496 lb.)
13.6 litres (3.0 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.