Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Life may be full of compromises, but if you’re riding Honda’s XR650L, your motorcycle won’t be one of them. One of the most off-road worthy motorcycles ever to wear a licence plate, the XR650L uses the same dry-sump Radial Four-Valve Combustion chamber engine that dominated Baja for years. We may have added the convenience of electric starting, a gear-driven counterbalancer and a bigger gas tank, but we haven’t sacrificed XR650L’s off-road performance, thanks to the stout 43mm leading-axle Showa front fork and adjustable Pro-Link rear suspension.
· Bulletproof 644 cc SOHC four-stroke produces power and torque well suited to on- and off-road riding.
· 42.5mm CV carburetor offers crisp throttle response, excellent drivability and maximum power.
· Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes vibration.
· Dry-sump engine maximizes power by minimizing crankshaft windage and engine temperature.
· Heavy-duty, low-maintenance #520 O-ring drive chain.
· Lightweight, semi-double-cradle frame offers precise handling manners.
· 43mm XR-spec Showa cartridge fork features 16-position compression damping adjustability and superb off-road performance.
· Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable 46mm Showa damper for exceptional rear wheel control both on- and off-road.
· Lightweight, strong and durable aluminum box-section swingarm with XR400R-type quick-detach rear wheel.
· Front and rear disc brakes offer superb stopping power.
· Frame-mounted passenger footrests.
· Aggressive dual-purpose front and rear tires offer excellent performance on- and off-road.
· 18-inch rear wheel for greater tire selection.
· Combination headlight/number plate and dual airflow shrouds direct cool air to the engine.
· High-output 12-volt electrical system.
· Motocross-style seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
· Lightweight tubular engine guard.
· Rear-fender-mounted tool bag.
· Wide-section folding, cleated footpegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
· Flex-mounted turn signals resist breakage.
· Compact speedometer features tripmeter/odometer and a neutral light as well as high beam, turn signal and sidestand indicators.
· Convenient electric starter eliminates starting hassles.
· Easy-to-use choke for cold-weather starts.
Air-cooled 644cc, single-cylinder, dry sump, four stroke
Bore and Stroke
100mm X 82mm
SOHC, 4-Valve RFVC
Single, 42.5mm diaphragm type, CV
Close ratio, 5-speed
“O” ring chain
43mm cartridge fork with compression damping adjustability; 280mm travel
Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, compression and rebound damping adjustability; 295mm travel
Single disc with twin piston caliper
Single disc with single piston caliper
3.00 – 21 Dual Purpose
4.60 – 18 Dual Purpose
1455mm (57.3 in.)
940mm (37 in.)
147 kg. (324 lb.)
10.5 litres (2.3 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.