Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad
Follow the sun.
To the south, palm fronds sway in the afternoon breeze, warm sand and waves beckoning nearby. While to the north, the trees are shedding their leaves high in the mountains. A single highway links them together. Where to head? Let the Vulcan® 1500 Nomad™ decide. However many miles it takes, the Nomad is ready to go there. Its digital fuel-injected 1470cc V-Twin masters slow cruising and fast highways, heat and cold, and high altitudes. The long 65.6-inch (1665 mm) wheelbase lets you and a passenger stretch out and enjoy the special touring frame and suspension, while an adjustable windshield and fork-mounted air deflectors distribute airflow cleanly around you. On your way south, take comfort that your cold-weather gear is locked safely in the Nomad’s spacious saddlebags. Not that you’ll be needing it any time soon.
Combining both comfort and good looks, the 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan® 1500 Nomad™ Fi V-twin touring cruiser represents the continuing evolution of the company’s Vulcan line. The Nomad’s elegant styling, comfortable touring package and performance-oriented features such as digital fuel injection demonstrate that this motorcycle is more than just another cruiser.
– The smooth-running 90 cubic inch V-Twin engine develops super strong low-speed engine torque and revs out to deliver the highway-passing power you need when fully loaded.
– Kawasaki touring performance includes liquid cooling, 4-valve alloy cylinder heads, lightweight pistons, Single Overhead Cams, dual spark plugs per cylinder and hydraulic valve lash adjusters.
– Nomad delivers an ultra-smooth ride thanks to its gear-driven engine balancer, rubber mounted floorboards for both rider and passenger, rubber isolated handlebar and comfortably padded two-piece seat.
– Important low-maintenance touring features include: Automatic valve lash adjusters. Automatic cam chain tensioners. Clean, quiet and reliable shaft drive. Strong pressure cast alloy wheels. Tubeless tires. And an exclusive 2-stage KLEEN (Kawasaki Low Exhaust Emission) catalyzer inside the stainless steel exhaust system.
– The huge touring windshield, along with the twin fork leg mounted wind deflectors, keeps you comfortably protected from buffeting wind.
– The Nomad cruiser’s presence is announced with its bullet-shaped multi-reflector headlamp and stylish chrome windscreen mounts, which allow for 2 inches of windscreen adjustment.
– Dual front brakes with 2-piston calipers and drilled rotors, plus a large-diameter single rear drilled disc with 2-piston caliper offer strong, predictable braking performance.
– Two huge, lockable side-opening saddlebags carry all your traveling gear, and their sleek design emphasizes the unique retro-touring look.
– The electronic speedometer is mounted for clear visibility on top of the fuel tank. The 4.2 gallon (19 litre) flangeless teardrop tank adds to the smooth, clean style.
– Twin air-assisted rear shocks let you adjust the spring preload to suit your riding and load conditions. Rebound damping is also adjustable 4 ways.
– Express yourself with genuine Kawasaki Fire & Steel™ accessories for your Vulcan 1500 Nomad. A comprehensive line includes chrome plated light bars, front and rear fender trim, saddlebag side and top rails, and a range of comfortable rear backrests.
Vulcan 1500 Nomad
Engine type 4-stroke V-Twin
Displacement 1470 cc
Bore x stroke 102 x 90mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valve system SOHC, 8 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Fuel system Digital Fuel Injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
Transmission 5-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive Shaft
Frame type Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 32°/188 mm (7.4 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear Dual air-assisted shocks with 4-way rebound damping
Tire, front 150/80-16
Tire, rear 150/80-16
Brakes, front/rear Dual discs/disc
Wheelbase 1665 mm (65.6 inches)
Seat height 720 mm (28.3 inches)
Fuel capacity 19 litres (4.2 gallons)
Dry weight 337 kg (743 pounds)
Colours Black Pearl or Luminous Vintage Red/Pearl Luster Beige
GTPP available 2/3 year
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.