Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
Long, low and built to go.
Long, low and built with muscle to go. The cruiser world is set on fire with the all-new Vulcan® 1600 Classic. When we say “long,” we mean it. We stretched the Vulcan® 1500 Classic’s dimensions to achieve a Texas-sized, 67.1-inch (1704 mm ) wheelbase and an overall length more than eight feet. The result is outstanding handling and a raked-out look right from a custom shop. You want to talk low? Drop into the 26.8-inch (681 mm) seat and set your boots firmly on the asphalt. That’s one comfortable ride. For power, we stroked the enormous 1470cc SOHC liquid-cooled V-Twin engine of the Vulcan 1500 Classic to 1552cc, and added new cam timing and fuel-injection mapping for maximum low- and mid-range punch. Finally, we enhanced the style by adding a gorgeously shaped fuel tank that features smooth edges and electronic instrumentation. A dream cruiser, indeed.
If cruiser coolness can be measured in height and length, the new low-and-long Kawasaki 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan® 1600 Classic is as cool as it gets. The new king of the Vulcan lineup is a stroked version of the popular Vulcan® 1500 Classic Kawasaki’s best-selling cruiser. A new engine delivers the kind of low rpm rumble that gets the nod from serious cruiser riders. A new frame with a longer wheelbase and a lower seat height houses the engine and is the basis for this new American classic. The new flagship cruiser’s great performance and attention to detail will appeal even to non-cruise riders.
– The Vulcan 1600 Classic cruiser displaces 1,552cc that’s 95 cubic inches, and develops extra strong low-speed torque for smooth cruising on the street.
– In the classic tradition of a Vulcan big-bore V-Twin, the 1600 Classic’s cylinders part at 50 degrees from center for a narrow engine configuration. Twin engine balancers and rubber engine mounts smooth out the big V-Twin’s pulses.
– With its bright silver cylinders, shiny chrome cylinder head and air cleaner covers, the 1600 Classic imparts a strong visual cruiser statement.
– The advanced dual 36mm fuel injection throttle bodies and precisely mapped ignition settings offer strong, seamless cruising performance.
– The cylinder head breathes through 4 large valves while hydraulic valve lash adjusters require zero maintenance or periodic adjustment.
– Twin spark plugs per cylinder ensure maximum combustion efficiency, which translates into more power and excellent fuel economy.
– The robust 5-speed transmission includes hardened faces on the gear teeth, a bulletproof clutch and Kawasaki’s renowned Positive Neutral Finder for finding neutral when you stop.
– The high-tensile steel frame features massive twin 40mm square tubes joined to form a single backbone and a long swingarm stretching the wheelbase to 1679 mm (66.1 inches).
– The large front brakes measure a massive 300mm and feature dual twin-piston calipers for impressive braking performance.
– Shaft final drive is sleek-looking and very low maintenance plus its quiet and clean.
– The multi-reflector headlight with its special chrome-plated fork cover add to the strong character of the 1600 Classic.
– Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with LCD display for fuel level, odometer, tripmeter and clock.
– Strong cast alloy wheels mounted with tubeless tires for added security. Wide rear rim with wide 170/70 x 16 rear tire.
– Large 20 litres (4.4 gallon) flangeless fuel tank enhances the long wide lines of the Vulcan 1600 Classic.
Vulcan 1600 Classic
Engine type 4-stroke 50° V-Twin
Displacement 1552 cc
Bore x stroke 102 x 95mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valve system SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Cooling system Liquid
Fuel system Digital Fuel Injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
Transmission 5-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive Shaft
Frame type Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 32°/177 mm (7 inches)
Suspension, front 43mm cartridge/conventional telescopic fork
Suspension, rear Dual shocks with 4-way rebound damping
Tire, front 130/90R-16
Tire, rear 170/70R-16
Brakes, front/rear Dual 300mm discs with dual-piston calipers/disc
Wheelbase 1679 mm (66.1 inches)
Seat height 696 mm (27.4 inches)
Fuel capacity 20 litres (4.4 gallons)
Dry weight 315 kg (694 pounds)
Colours Pearl Mystic Black or Metallic Red or Pearl Crystal Whit
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.