Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki ZR-7S
Don’t mess with tradition.
The striking ZR-7S has the same appeal but at a more affordable price and reduced dry weight. Its air-cooled 738cc DOHC In-Line Four engine offers terrific smoothness and response, while the two-up seating, half-fairing and available hard saddlebags make the ZR-7S as versatile as it is spirited. One trip through the gears — or along your favorite road — will convince you. Riding naked is good, clean fun.
What the powerful Kawasaki ZRX1200R is to muscle bikes, the Kawasaki ZR-7S is to middleweight traditional motorcycles. But don’t be fooled by the “traditional” label. The ZR-7S is endowed with style, performance characteristics and an affordable price. Simply put, the ZR-7S offers sport-touring comfort in a bold, middleweight package.
– Displacing 738cc, the Double Overhead Cam, 8-valve engine develops broad power for a wide range of riding conditions.
– The air-cooled engine features a high capacity oil lubrication system: Efficient 7-row oil cooler and special jets that squirt cooler oil to the undersides of the high-compression pistons.
– Kawasaki’s exclusive electronic K-TRIC throttle position sensor for exceptionally smooth throttle response: The system adjusts the digital ignition timing in relation to throttle position for crisp and clean engine response.
– The 4-into-1 polished stainless steel exhaust system adds performance and modern style to the ZR-7S.
– Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder makes finding neutral easy when the bike is stopped.
– The advanced aerodynamic design of the frame-mounted, half-fairing and windscreen delivers the twin benefits of great wind protection and terrific styling. Multi-reflector headlights produce a broad beam for clear night vision.
– The analog instrumentation houses a centrally positioned tachometer.
Engine Type 4-stroke, In-Line Four
Bore & Stroke 66 x 54mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Valve system DOHC, 8 valves
Cooling system Air
Fuel system Keihin CVK32 x 4
Ignition TCBI with digital advance and K-TRIC
Transmission 5-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 25.5°/94 mm (3.7 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm conventional fork
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with 7-way preload and 4-way rebound damping
Tires; front/rear Tubeless radial; 120/70-ZR17; 160/60-ZR17
Brakes, front Dual 300mm discs with dual 2-piston calipers
Brake, rear Disc with 2-piston caliper
Wheelbase 1455 mm (57.3 inches)
Seat height 800 mm (31.5 inches)
Fuel capacity 22 litres (4.8 gallons)
Dry weight 210 kg (463 pounds)
Colours Pearl Chrome Yellow or Candy Lightning Blue or Metallic Ruby Red
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.