Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Cruiser INTRUDER® LC 1500 – 2003 VL1500K3
New-style mirrors for improved appearance.
– Long, low, cruiser design with emphasis on custom details, comfort, low-rpm operation and ease-of-maintenance.
– Narrow 1462cc, 6-valve air/oil cooled engine is designed for maximum low/mid-range torque and acceleration.
– 45 degree phase, dual-pin crankshaft minimizes vibration, plus added flywheel mass enhances low/mid-range power.
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) cylinder plating is durable, minimizes cylinder size & weight and improves heat dissipation.
– Efficient SACS air/oil cooling system (front & rear cylinder) system with additional piston-jet cooling and engine oil cooler.
– Mikuni 36mm carburetors provide excellent throttle response and are mounted between the cylinders with common linkage for simplified maintenance.
– Hydraulic valve lash adjusters eliminate valve adjustment maintenance.
– Silent operation cam chains with automatic tensioners never need adjustment.
– Hydraulic clutch eliminates adjustment maintenance, plus back-torque limiter ensures smooth downshifts.
– Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission with-low maintenance, low-torque-reactive shaft final drive. Gear ratios set for low engine rpm at cruising speed.
– Right-side mounted, large volume exhaust system is tuned for low-rpm power and a throaty exhaust sound.
– Long 1700mm wheelbase chassis, with 32° rake angle, is set up for low seat height with comfortable seating and control positions.
– Brake and clutch levers feature 6-way adjustment and are mounted on a wide 1″ diameter handlebar.
– Wide, thickly padded seats – rear seat can be removed for open fender look.
– Double cradle steel frame is made of large diameter steel tubing for rigidity with bolt-on sections for ease of maintenance.
– Dual-disc front brake system and single disc rear with 4-piston caliper for strong braking performance.
– Link-type rear suspension with preload adjustment combined with 43mm front forks provide a comfortable, compliant ride.
– Fuel filler is positioned below a locking cover to maintain sleek appearance with a 4.1 gallon fuel tank positioned below the seat for a low center of gravity.
– Wide 150/80-16 front and 180/70-15 rear tire are mounted on custom-styled machined aluminum wheels.
– Electronic speedometer with LCD fuel gauge, odometer & twin trip meter.
– Wide floorboard-type footrests.
– A wide range of optional accessories including a windshield, custom bags, gel seat and several custom chrome trim pieces.
Engine: 1462cc, four-stroke, air/oil cooled, 45 degree V-twin, SOHC, 6-valves. 67 hp (49.5 kW)/ 4.800 rpm, 114 Nm / 2.300 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 96.0 x 101.0mm
Compression ratio: 8.5:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BDSR36
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: Shaft Drive
Overall Length: 2525mm (99.4 in.)
Overall Width: 965mm (38.0 in.)
Overall Height: 1165mm (45.9 in.)
Seat Height: 700mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: 145mm (5.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1700mm (66.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 296kg (659 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
REAR: Link-type, oil damped, 5-way adjustable spring preload
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: 180/70-15 M/C
Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.0 liter (4.0 gal.)
Color: Green/Silver, Silver/Gray, Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.