2005 Honda Nighthawk 250
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Honda Nighthawk 250
The Nighthawk delivers a full measure of Honda quality in a lightweight and practical package.
Features & Benefits
– Twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC engine offers plenty of smooth, easy-to-use power.
– Large cylinder fins for efficient engine cooling.
– Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
– Single 26mm CV carburetor offers crisp throttle response throughout the rpm range.
– CD ignition requires no maintenance.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Convenient and reliable electric starter.
– Good-looking and quiet chrome exhaust system.
– Simple, easily adjustable cable-operated clutch and easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Single-cradle steel frame is lightweight and strong.
– 31mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
– Dual rear shocks offer five-position preload adjustability for varying loads and conditions.
– Powerful drum brakes front and rear.
– Lightweight, chromed spoke wheels.
– High-quality tires offer excellent traction and long life.
– Relaxed standard riding position and ergonomically designed seat offer a high level of riding comfort for both rider and passenger.
– Large, 4.3-gallon fuel capacity and outstanding fuel mileage offer excellent cruising range.
– Round halogen headlight.
– Low seat height of just 29.3 inches.
– Easy-to-read instrumentation includes a handy tripmeter.
– Standard tool kit.
– Convenient steering lock for added security.
– Dual mirrors.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
– Touring Accessories: Tank Pad, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black).
– Chrome Accessories: Backrest.
– Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled vertical twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 26mm CV
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 31mm fork; 5.5 inches travel
Rear: Dual rear shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Wheelbase: 56.3 inches
Seat Height: 29.3 inches
Dry Weight: 287 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.