2005 Honda Rebel 250
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Honda Rebel 250
If you’re looking for style and performance – look no further than the Rebel. This cool cruiser combines classic styling and exciting cruiser performance in one easy package.
With the Rebel, Honda gives entry-level riders the opportunity to discover a whole new world of riding fun and adventure.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
– New Candy Orange color joins classic Black.
– Proven twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
– Convenient and reliable electric starter.
– Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
– Constant velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
– Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
– Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition.
– Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
– Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic(tm) bushings.
– Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
– Rectangular-section swingarm.
– Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
– Wide, 15-inch rear tire.
– Spoke-type wheels with chrome rims.
– O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
– Low seat height of only 26.6 inches.
– Pullback handlebar.
– 2.6-gallon teardrop fuel tank.
– Two-piece custom-styled seat.
– Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight case.
– Stylish chrome-plated taillight housing.
– Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
– Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Key-operated steering lock for added security.
– Easy-to-use helmet lock.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 26mm diaphragm-type CV
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Suspension Front: 33mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Tires Front: 3.00-18
Wheelbase: 57.1 inches
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Dry Weight: 306.4 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Candy Orange, Black
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.