2006 Honda 599 (Hornet CB600F)
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda 599 (Hornet CB600F)
2006 Honda 599 (Hornet CB600F)
Back in the line for 2006, the 599 features a host of upgrades, including an inverted HMAS fork, two-piece mini-cowl with tinted fly-screen, and lots of detail touches.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– New 41mm inverted HMAS fork with a new triple clamp and steering stem for superior handling and stability.
– Fully integrated lightweight instrumentation includes asymmetrical analog-style tachometer, LCD speedometer, six-segment fuel gauge, a/b tripmeters with countdown function and clock. A separate LCD built into the tachometer displays engine coolant temperature.
– New two-piece mini cowl surrounds instrumentation and features a tinted flyscreen for an aggressive look.
– Newly designed front fender improves styling.
– Dual texture seat has low-slip material and adds to rider and passenger comfort.
– Gold finish on the front and rear brake calipers plus gold anodized front disc carrier add distinctive look.
– New silver colored wheels.
– New Metallic Black color.
– Powerful, aggressively tuned 599cc inline four-cylinder engine features dual ignition maps for smooth, strong performance.
– A feathery, 404-pound dry weight makes the 599 the lightest bike in its class.
– The comfortable, upright seating position is ideal for commuting, sport riding and long trips.
– Flat-slide CV carburetors for precise engine performance and superb throttle response at all engine speeds.
– Stylish four-into-two-into-one exhaust system tucks in tightly and exits high on the right side.
– Lightweight mono-backbone steel frame provides excellent rigidity while drawing attention to the impressive exterior design of the engine.
– 41mm inverted front fork, single-shock rear suspension and lightweight cast aluminum three-spoke wheels contribute to exceptional handling.
– Brilliant dual-bulb headlight offers superior illumination and longer life.
– Compact 599cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine is derived from the championship-winning CBR®600F3 powerplant.
– Intake ports tuned for smooth and responsive power characteristics.
– Sixteen-valve cylinder head with a 12.0:1 compression ratio promotes efficient combustion and high horsepower production.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system is compact, ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
– 34mm flat-slide CV carburetors add extra punch at low- to mid-range rpm for superb real-world street use.
– Liquid-cooled oil cooler and a lightweight aluminum radiator keep engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
– Spring-loaded scissors-type primary gear and a rubber-mounted, floating clutch-cover help reduce noise.
– Weight-saving features include a compact, lightweight one-piece alternator.
– Unique stainless steel four-into-two-into-one exhaust system features an aggressively angled design for enhanced engine sound and overall performance.
– High-capacity, 340-watt AC generator.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with gear ratios carefully matched to the engine’s powerband.
– Durable #525 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Massive square-tube mono-backbone steel frame utilizes the engine as a stressed frame member, providing an optimal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for superb handling.
– A single box-section downtube connects to a unique front engine-mount that incorporates a cross-member to link the frame to the engine’s solid front mounts.
– Lightweight aluminum swingarm features a large one-piece extruded pivot block and extruded triple-box-section spars.
– 41mm inverted front fork with 4.7 inches of travel offers unparalleled rigidity for precise action and excellent handling on a variety of road surfaces.
– Lightweight aluminum upper triple-clamp adds rigidity for superb steering control.
– Single-shock rear suspension features a high-quality damper with seven-position-adjustable spring preload and 5.0 inches of plush wheel travel for excellent suspension control in all riding conditions.
– Braking system features two huge, 296mm floating front discs with twin-piston calipers and sintered metal pads, along with a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads for exceptional stopping power.
– Aluminum-alloy super-light, hollow three-spoke wheels with 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
– Wide, durable dual texture vinyl-covered seat with thick foam padding provides plush comfort for commuting and two-up day trips.
– A stylish hugger-type rear fender closely follows the curve of the rear tire.
– Instrumentation includes white-face analog speedometer; tachometer and coolant water temperature; digital odometer/tripmeter; indicator lights for neutral, oil pressure, low fuel, high beam; and digital clock.
– 4.5-gallon fuel tank is hinged for servicing ease.
– Aviation-style fuel cap.
– Handlebar-mounted manual choke provides smooth idling speed for cold engine starts.
– Brilliant dual-bulb headlight features a polycarbonate lens in front of a die-cast aluminum reflector body. Two single-filament 55w H11 bulbs provide 60 percent better illumination, as well as much longer average life than conventional bulbs.
– Maintenance-free battery is lightweight with sufficient starting capacity for all riding seasons.
– Rugged plastic chip guards on top of the fork sliders protect the front suspension from flying debris.
– Aluminum passenger grabrail.
– Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 65mm x 45.2mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Four 34mm slanted flat-slide CV
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with electronic advance
Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm inverted fork; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Single shock with seven-position spring preload adjustability; 5.0 inches travel
Front: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with twin-piston calipers
Rear: Single 220mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial
Wheelbase: 56.1 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 25.5°
Trail: 96mm (3.8 inches)
Seat Height: 31.1 inches
Dry Weight: 404 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
Color: Metallic Black
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.