2006 Honda CBR600RR
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda CBR600RR
2006 Honda CBR600RR
With new colors for 2006, the CBR600RR adds more flair to one of the most accomplished sport bikes on the planet.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– Exciting new Pearl Orange/Black Tribal and Light Metallic Silver colors.
– Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V.
– Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder.
– High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
– RC211V-style center-up exhaust system.
– Radial-mount front brake calipers
– 41mm inverted front fork.
– Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
– Line Beam Headlights features three-piece reflector design.
– Bodywork resembles championship-winning RC211V MotoGP machine.
– Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
– High-revving engine has 15,000-rpm redline (CBR®600F4i redlines at 14,200), wider powerband and more over-rev than CBR600F4i.
– Compact engine length (236mm) positions the rider forward for more precise handling.
– Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
– Dual Stage Fuel Injection system features two injectors per cylinder–one upper and one lower–controlled by an ECU that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower. At lower rpm only the lower injector is working. Above 5500 rpm both injectors are activated. The system uses 40mm throttle bodies.
– Denso injectors with 12 holes per injector deliver a finely atomized fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
– Auto enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
– Two-stage ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
– Cylinder head features angled valve inset to improve airflow.
– Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and two springs per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
– Light pistons, piston pins and nutless connecting rods contribute to higher-revving engine.
– Double-pivot cam-chain tensioner for cam chain durability.
– Right-side starter gears for increased lean angle.
– Lightweight aluminum oil cooler.
– Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission is closely matched to the engine’s powerband.
– Die cast aluminum frame utilizes new manufacturing methods to provide optimum rigidity while reducing weight. Frame is tuned for superior and precise handling characteristics.
– 41mm inverted Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability for precise action.
– Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC211V GP racer. In this two piece shock design system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame-mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners.
– Braking system features twin four-piston radial mounted front calipers, dual 310mm front discs and a single 220mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
– Center-up exhaust system features four-into-two-into-one design for increased performance, aerodynamics, and lighter weight.
– Lightweight triple clamp.
– Handlebars located below top triple-clamp for precise handling.
– Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
– Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design. This design positions the rider 70mm forward for optimum handling.
– Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
– Line Beam Headlights features three-piece reflector design (first in the world) utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution, and unique compact design.
– Instrumentation is very compact and features tachometer, speedometer and fuel gauge.
– Attractive hollow-spoke aluminum alloy wheels feature race spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
– One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Optional seat cowl.
– Compact rear cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices (lock not included) under the passenger seat.
– Pivoting aerodynamic mirrors.
– Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
– Color-matched Passenger Seat Cowl.
Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 67mm x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping
Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial
Wheelbase: 54.7 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0°
Trail: 95mm (3.7 inches)
Seat Height: 32.3 inches
Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
Dry Weight: 361 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Pearl Orange/Black Tribal
Light Metallic Silver
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.