2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Back to 2006 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
THE KAWASAKI VULCAN® 1500 CLASSIC
Celebrates 10th anniversary in style
This V-twin cruiser is dressed in timeless style right off the showroom floor. And for 2006, the Vulcan 1500 Classic celebrates it’s10th anniversary with a special two-tone color combination and commemorative emblems. A large part of its popularity is due to Kawasaki’s Fire & Steel™ accessories, which give those with a penchant for customization, all of the tools needed to make the Vulcan® 1500 Classic a truly unique ride.
Beginning with its single pin, 50 degree V-twin engine, the 1500 Classic produces incredible low-rpm torque that’s perfect for city streets or open highways. This fuel-injected, liquid cooled, SOHC design displaces 90 cubic inches and shines with elegantly sculpted cylinders and polished cooling fins, while the large radiator is tucked from view between the frame downtubes.
Both of the big V-twin’s cylinders have four valves actuated by a single overhead cam (SOHC). Hydraulic valve lash adjusters automatically maintain valve clearance for smooth engine performance, reduced noise and low maintenance while automatic cam chain tensioners keep cam timing accurate.
The Vulcan 1500 Classic’s five-speed transmission takes advantage of the engine’s generous torque by utilizing precisely spaced gears to provide smooth, quiet shifting for seamless acceleration. The top gear provides a relaxed engine speed on the highway. The hydraulically actuated clutch provides progressive torque absorption to help ensure smooth and precise power delivery to a reliable, quiet shaft drive that requires minimal maintenance.
A gear-driven engine counter balancer and rubber engine mounts reduce handlebar and floorboard vibration. The engine produces a distinct V-twin rumble and more than 85 foot-pounds of torque at 3,000 rpm. A crack of the throttle punches out smooth acceleration while a large alternator provides enough output to power electrical accessories.
The classic cruiser look is long and low, which is exactly how the Vulcan 1500 Classic’s chassis is designed. An extra-low 27.6-inch seat height, wide handlebar, forward-mounted floorboards and plush suspension system make the 1500 Classic a comfortable ride. The speedometer, fuel gauge and warning lamps are located in a center console on top of the wide 5.0-gallon fuel tank. A large-diameter, chrome halogen headlight not only illuminates the open road, it gives the Classic a distinctive appearance.
1,470cc OHC, 50-degree V-Twin
– 85 foot-pounds of torque at 3,000 rpm
– 90 cubic inch displacement
– Single pin crankshaft for power-pulse feel
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life
– Sustained power during hard use
– Includes warning light
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber prevents detonation
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters
– Keep valves quiet with no adjustment required
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Produces easy starting, smooth running, high performance and reduced exhaust emissions
Dual Plug Digital Ignition
– Microprocessor-controlled timing
– Two spark plugs in each combustion chamber cut detonation for extra durability
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer & Rubber-Mounted Engine
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
– Engine is rubber-mounted to all but eliminate vibration at all speeds
– Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
– A Kawasaki exclusive
– Reliable, quiet and low-maintenance
Hydraulic Clutch Release
– Easy to operate and maintain
Large-Diameter Halogen Headlight
– Brighter for the same power usage
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Wide front and rear tires on sparkling chrome 16-inch wheels
Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, 50° V-Twin
Displacement: 1,470 cc
Bore & Stroke: 102.0 x 90.0 mm
Maximum Torque: 83.9 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm
Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
Fuel Injection: DFI with Keihin 36mm Throttle Bodies (2)
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Final Drive: Shaft
Rake/Trail: 32°/4.8 in.
Front Wheel Travel: 5.9 in.
Rear Wheel Travel: 3.4 in.
Front Tire Size: 130/90-16
Rear Tire Size: 150/80-16
Wheelbase: 65.4 in.
Front Suspension: 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
Rear Suspension: Twin Shocks, 5-Way Adjustable Preload
Front Brake Type: Single 300mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
Rear Brake Type: Single 270mm Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.2 gal.
Seat Height: 27.6 in.
Dry Weight: 644 lb.
Color: Ebony, Ebony/Galaxy Silver
Warranty: 12 months
Good Times Protection Plan: 24, 36 or 48 months
* Price and specifications subject to change