2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
– 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2007 Burgman 650 Executive
Get ready for the ride of your life – on the stylish Burgman 650 Executive, it has all the great features of the Burgman 650 with ABS, an electic adjustable windshield and a passenger backrest.
With the largest engine in its class, the Burgman 650 rewards you with strong acceleration around town or on the highway. Its refined fuel injection system offers instantaneous throttle response. And, for convenient operation and incredibly smooth performance, it has a technically advanced Suzuki Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVTTM).
Wherever you ride, you and your passenger will appreciate the smooth, comfortable ride, plush, responsive suspension, and a deep, well-padded seat complete with a backrest for the rider. Large floorboards and spacious ergonomics further contribute to your comfort.
The Burgman 650 is as practical as it is stylish. It has terrific storage space, including a cavernous underseat storage area capable of holding two full-coverage helmets. What’s more, three front compartments with lids allow easy storage of and access to your smaller items.
The 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650. Unique styling – unbeatable performance.
– Powerful liquid-cooled, 638cc, DOHC, 8-valve, twin-cylinder engine – designed to produce responsive power under a wide range of riding situations
– Electronic fuel injection system with 32-bit ECM, provides easy engine starts, precise throttle response, reduced fuel consumption, and low emissions
– Direct-type valve actuation system and downdraft intake (similar to GSX-R models) for strong engine performance
– Dual gear-driven countershaft system to reduce engine vibration
– Electronically-controlled pulsed-air injection system (PAIR), helps reduce emissions
– Convenient electric starting system with maintenance-free battery
– Suzuki Electronically-Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission – using a handlebar control switch, the rider can choose between two fully automatic modes (power or normal), or a manual shift mode
– High-efficiency liquid-cooling system includes thermostatically-controlled fan and liquid-cooled oil cooler for consistent engine temperature under all operating conditions
– Attractive stainless steel exhaust system provides quiet operation and features a chrome muffler end-cap for improved appearance and high heat resistance
– Antilock Brake System (ABS) monitors brake lever input and wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
– Convenient retracktable side mirrors with easy-to-use handlebar mounted switch
– Stylish bodywork with dual multi-reflector headlights, flush-mounted front turn signals, and large combination taillight/brake designed for strength and rigidity
– High-tensile steel-tube frame designed for strength and rigidity
– Telescopic front fork with 41mm inner tubes, provides 105mm of wheel travel for sport performance and a comfortable ride
– Swingarm-style rear suspension features twin preload-adjustable shock absorbers and a separate aluminum swingarm – allows optimum engine placement and forward weight distribution
– Dual front disc brakes with 260mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, rear disc brake with 250mm rotor and twin-piston caliper – rear brake includes lever-operated parking brake system
– Lightweight five-spoke aluminum wheels with radial tires – F: 3.50 x 15 with 120/70-R15 tire, R: 4.5 x 14 with 160/70-R14 tire
– Front disc brake with 260mm rotor and four-piston caliper, rear disc brake with 210mm rotor and twin-piston caliper – rear brake includes lever-operated parking brake system
– Automotive-style instrument display with analog tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, plus LCD odometer/tripmeters and clock
– Large, illuminated 55-liter under-seat storage space – large enough for two full-face helmets
– Convenient front glovebox compartment with DC-electrical accessory outlet, plus two additional storage compartments above the glovebox
– Large, comfortable seat with passenger backrest and convenient lever-adjustable rider backrest
– Cut-away floorboards provide more space for rider’s legs when putting feet down
– Tamper-resistant magnetic ignition switch cover for added security – ignition switch includes built-in seat latch operation
From the Press Release:
The Suzuki Burgman 650 is ideal for today’s modern scooter rider. Featuring advanced technology and performance, it offers a winning combination of easily accessible power, maximum convenience and modern styling for the ultimate scooter experience.
For those looking for the ultimate in scooter style and sophistication, Suzuki proudly offers the Burgman Executive. The Burgman Executive boasts all the high tech features found on the standard Burgman 650 but ups the ante with an advanced Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), an electrically height-adjustable windscreen and a easy-to-use rear view mirror retraction button for squeezing into tight parking spaces or garages.
Both 2007 Burgman 650’s are powered by a 638cc twin-cylinder engine with a 75.5mm x 71.3mm bore and stroke. The four-stroke DOHC, liquid-cooled powerplant features an 11.2:1 compression ratio and is fed by electronic fuel injection. Overall performance is enhanced by Suzuki’s own Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) design. With an emphasis on low- to mid-range torque, the compact engine transfers power to the rear wheel via the Suzuki Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVT).
The highly innovative SECVT utilizes an electronically controlled CVT system to create a smooth ride while simultaneously offering three shift modes for maximum versatility. The button-controlled system allows the Burgman 650 rider to choose from two automatic modes (normal and power) or one manual mode for sportier riding situations. Surrounding the muscular 650 twin cylinder motor is a tubular-steel frame designed for strength and agility. Suspension for the Burgman consists of a 41mm front fork producing 105mm of wheel travel working in conjunction with an aluminum swingarm with five-way preload adjustable shock with 100mm of wheel travel. Brakes are a pair of dual-piston calipers grasping two 260mm discs up front and a single 250mm disc mounted at the rear. An easy-to-use parking brake is also incorporated. Rolling stock for the Burgman are lightweight cast-aluminum wheels with tubeless radial tires, providing balanced performance and handling.
The Burgman’s high-tech demeanor is complemented by its comfortable riding position. The scooter is endowed with a hugely comfortable saddle and a low seat height of 29.5 inches. The seat itself comes equipped with an adjustable backrest and, underneath, 56 liters of storage area capable of holding two full-face helmets and more. Three additional storage areas are also incorporated into the front fairing assembly, along with a DC outlet and a magnetically operated ignition switch cover.
Swoopy good looks are the key to the Burgman 650 and Burgman Executive. The stylish front fairing houses dual multi-reflector headlights, a protective windscreen and fully integrated rear view mirrors and turn signals. Floorboards are conveniently sculpted with cut-outs for problem-free stops and comfortable foot placement. A digital instrument cluster incorporates one large LCD screen for the speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, oil change indicator and oil level indicator. A shift-position indicator resides under the main LCD display while water temperature and fuel level indicators, as well as a clock and turn signal indicators, are also displayed within the instrument cluster.
Engine: 638cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve
Bore Stroke: 75.5 x 71.3mm
Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Transmission: Electronically-controlled, CVT- automatic
Final Drive: Gear
Overall Length: 2260mm (89.0 in.)
Overall Width: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Overall Height: 1435mm (56.5 in.)
Seat Height: 750mm (29.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1595mm (62.8 in.)
Dry Weight: 243kg (535 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Twin shock, adjustable preload
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-R15
Tires Rear: 160/60-R14
Fuel Tank Capacity: 15 liter (4.0 gal.)
All Specifications and features are subject to change