2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
– 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
GSX-R is more than a model designation.
When the first GSX-R750 was introduced more than two decades ago, it defined an entirely new category of motorcycle: The true racer replica. For more than 20 years, the GSX-R750 has been a direct link between the racetrack and the street.
It is a revolutionary motorcycle that changed production- based racing forever. Filling racing paddocks around the globe, and driving would-be competitors from the grid. A machine so dominant that other brands abandoned the 750cc racing class because they could not compete.
The GSX-R slogan, Own The Racetrack, is based solidly in fact. Say GSX-R75O, and the world thinks of a racebike with lights, with the best possible balance of engine and chassis performance.
For 2007, the latest version of the legendary GSX-R7SO continues to relentlessly advance high-performance technology. Combining the responsive torque and broad, smooth powerband of a heavyweight with the compact size and easier handling of a middleweight. Now more compact . More powerful. More aerodynamic.
Built to Own The Racetrack.
With street equipment added.
– Compact & lightweight 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine designed for overall weight reduction, optimum combustion efficiency and power delivery
– Cylinder head with narrow valve angles creating a compact combustion chamber design, 12.5:1 compression ratio, large intake and exhaust ports for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency and high power output
– Lightweight titanium valves with steel alloy springs and aluminum spring retainers operated by thin-wall hollow camshafts to reduce weight and inertia
– Lightweight forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, cut away sides and an anti-friction surface finish along with shotpeened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for improved strenth
– One-piece cylinder block and upper crankcase section is equipped with 39mm ventilation holes between cylinders to reduce crankcase pressure and mechanical loss
– Tapered, 50mm double-barrel throttle body design features Suzuki’s SDTV throttle valve system, plus twin multi-hole-type injectors per cylinder for optimum performance and throttle response
– Crankshaft features forged steel construction and a secondary balancer shaft for reduced vibration at high rpm.
– Crankshaft and transmission shafts are positioned to create a compact engine design and the engine itself is rotated slightly forward in the chassis allowing for straighter and shorter intake and exhaust ports
– New back torque limiting clutch allows smoother downshifts and works in conjuction with an updated six speed transmission with revised internal gear ratios and updated shift forks
– Innovative new Suzuki Advanced Exhaust System (SAES) with new under engine muffler layout and Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system for maximum mass centralization, superior aerodynamics, and improved low-to-mid range performance
– High capacity large trapezoidal-shaped radiator provide efficient engine cooling – includes compact cooling fan assembly designed for improved air flow
– Suzuki Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in a variety of conditions.
– SRAD ( Suzuki Ram Air Direct) force feeds cool, pressurized air into the airbox at highway speeds, improving engine effeciency and throttle response
– An ultra-lightweight frame is built entirely of aluminum alloy castings and is engineered to deliver optimium rigidity, unmatched accuracy and maximum cornering performance.
– A braced aluminum alloy swingarm features a large 25mm swingarm pivot and is designed for optimum rider feel and maximum rear wheel traction
– RM-Z450 inspired new rear suspension linkage utilizes a forged aluminum alloy link and a forged aluminum link rod that reduces side loads and helps the rear shock absorber move in a smooth arc
– Inverted 41mm Showa cartridge front forks are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping, and rebound damping.
– Showa rear shock absorber with a 46mm piston and a 16mm rod moves the same amount of oil despite a shorter stroke and provides adjustable rebound damping, preload as well as high and low speed compression damping settings
– 310mm brake discs work with radial mount calipers and radial front brake master cylinder.
– Bridgestone radial tires are mounted on cast aluminum wheels featuring thin lightweight spokes with optimized wall thickness to reduce unsprung weight
– Aggressive and aerodynamic bodywork gives the GSX-R750 a stylish look and when combined with integrated turn signals and smaller frontal area provide maximum aerodnamic effeciency
– Compact, lightweight instrument cluster features a step motor controlled analog tachometer, LCD speedometer, dual trip meters, clock and a convenient gear position indicator
Riding position is optimized with a short fuel tank, lower seat height, and adjustable rider footpegs for improved rider control and mobility
From a Press Release:
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750
Introducing the 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750, built to be the incredibly fast, unbelievably nimble and offering unmatched performance for the true sportbike rider.
Building on the passion and dedication found in all GSX-R machines, the ‘07 GSX-R750 combines the outstanding size and handling of a 600 with the mind-numbing performance of a liter-class machine.
The GSX-R750 utilizes a compact chassis, complete with an aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame built with optimum rigidity and maximum handling performance in mind. Rake and trail specifications have been chosen for razor sharp handling and the aluminum frame uses five cast sections for maximum control during production.
Forks are inverted 41mm Showa units with rebound, compression and preload adjustability for maximum rider control and a carbonized titanium fork coating for reduced friction losses of 15 percent. A braced aluminum swingarm works with a Showa rear shock absorber and an innovative rear linkage system with a forged aluminum link that pivots on the swingarm itself with a one-piece forged aluminum link rod connected to the frame. The rear shock absorber features adjustable preload and rebound settings along with adjustable high and low speed compression settings for optimum suspension tuning. Brakes feature a radial pump master cylinder and 310mm rotors up front and a lightweight single piston rear caliper.
Powering the GSX-R750 is a 749cc inline, water cooled, DOHC, four-cylinder engine with Suzuki fuel injection and an ultra-compact under-engine exhaust system. Bore and stroke measurements are 70.0mm x 48.7 with a compression ration of 12.5:1 and twin injector, 42mm Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injectors provide fuel and unmatched throttle control. Connecting rods are shotpeened chrome-moly steel and utilize a crankshaft designed with increased inertia for improved cornering performance and stability. Downshifts are a breeze with the proven slipper clutch system as found on the powerful GSX-R1000.
In an effort to maximize mass centralization for optimum handling performance, the GSX-R750 utilizes an innovative under-engine exhaust chamber. The all-new system offers the ultimate benefits of mass centralization with the exhaust system mounted completely under the engine, and provides an aggressive new look for the GSX-R750. The new exhaust system also uses the proven Suzuki Exhaust Tuning system for maximum torque.
Countless hours of wind tunnel testing have helped shape the look of the GSX-R750 resulting in a reduction in frontal area, decreased drag and a sharp overall look. The compact front fairing features an aggressive design, and when combined with the sharply styled fuel tank, upswept tail section with integrated turn signals creates an unmistakable and purposeful new look for the GSX-R750. All this combined with the new under-engine exhaust system create an aggressive and stylish look for the GSX-R750 along with unmatched aerodynamic performance.
It is possible to have it all with the GSX-R750. It is the perfect balance of unmistakable style, unmatched engine performance and world class handling. The 2007 GSX-R750 – the legacy continues.
Engine: 749cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve
Bore Stroke: 70.0 x 48.7mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2040mm (80.3 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1125mm (44.3 in.)
Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1400mm (55.1 in.)
Dry Weight: 163 kg (359 lbs) CA model: 164 kg (361 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 180/55-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 liter (4.4 gal.) CA Model: 15.5 liter (4.1 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Blue/Black, Gray/Silver
All Specifications and features are subject to change