2000 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe
The best value in customs boasts an incredibly low, 25.6-inch seat height and a spirited look. The 2000 Shadow VLX and Shadow VLX Deluxe are a pair of aces.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· New two-tone Pearl Dark Red/Black and Pearl Silver/Black join classic Black on the Shadow VLX Deluxe. Exlusive Shadow VLX Deluxe Features
· Brilliant chrome finish on cylinder head covers, right and left engine covers, and left rear engine cover.
· Two-tone Pearl Dark Red/Black and Pearl Silver/Black paint finishes join solid Black.
· 583cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm-range.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Coolant-heated carburetor is tuned for excellent power and rideability.
· Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
· Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Wide-ratio four-speed transmission.
· Dual exhaust system offers a rumbling sound and custom appearance.
· Reliable electric starting system.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Double-cradle steel frame allows a long wheelbase, and a low seat height of just 25.6 inches.
· 39mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Specially designed swingarm gives the bike a custom, hardtail look.
· Rear shock has seven-position spring preload adjustability.
· Single-disc front brake with twin-piston caliper and a drum rear brake.
· Chrome-plated rims and spokes.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers excellent grip and provides a low, custom look.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Chrome handlebar and forward-mounted footpegs are rubber-mounted for reduced vibration and offer a comfortable riding position.
· Custom-style seat is wide and low in the rear and narrow in the front, with dense foam to provide a comfortable, 25.6-inch seat height.
· New chopper-style rear fender features heavily chromed accents.
· Chrome-plated halogen headlight.
· Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation.
· Helmet lock and tool kit.
· Soft, comfortable handgrips.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
· Standard fork lock.
· 12-volt maintenance-free battery.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Backrest with pad.
· Chrome lever set.
· Chrome oil filler cap.
· Gold backrest emblem.
· Chrome backrest emblem.
· Air-cleaner cover emblem.
· Rear carrier rack, round tube.
· Rear carrier rack, square tube.
· Chrome sidecovers.
· Chrome front fender.
· Chrome footpegs.
· Chrome backrest trim.
· Chrome radiator guard.
· Chrome headlight visor.
· Cycle cover.
583cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
75mm x 66mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Single 34mm diaphragm-type CV
39mm fork; 145mm travel
Single shock with seven-position preload adjustability; 90 travel
Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1605mm (63.2 in.)
650mm (25.6 in.)
202kg (445.3 lbs.)
12 litres (2.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.